• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Possible Allergy to Weed Edibles..?

AO151

Bluelighter
I smoke weed every day, I have been for quite a while. Actually my first time trying weed was in an edible, but i really haven't eaten any for i'd say well over a year by now. Anyways, my brother copped a high quality edible from this really legit service along with some bud last night, and i suspect it to have about a gram packed into it. I was on molly before but i dont think it would cause anything as it wasnt my first time, but anyways after he came home i broke off a tiny piece of the edible before smoking (just to see what the taste was like.) About 10 minutes after smoking a few bowls my entire neck started to get really itchy and red like a rash, with an excess of small white bumps forming all over it. It got pretty bad and extremely itchy but went away in minutes after i applied some hydrocortisone and smoked a few more bowls lol. It is not peanut allergies or anything, but since i smoke weed daily im just having trouble figuring out why this happened. My brother said it could be pollen from the bud, but i dont know. It could also have been the molly (he was not aware of this) but i seriously doubt it lol. Anyways I still have the edible and all but im wondering if i should try another piece. Does anyone have any ideas about why this happened? I looked it up and got a whole bunch of answers but it was 99% people trying weed bugging out thinking they were going to die lol. Again, any help appreciated, thanks

If you didn't make it, there very well could be something in the edible that you're allergic to. It's not likely to be the weed if you've never had an allergic reaction to the stuff before, though.

If it were me, I'd try another piece. Recreate the first time it happened as best you can. Take a little piece, smoke for 10min and see where you're at. If everything's normal, rinse and repeat until the edible's gone. If you have another reaction, however, put the edible in a sandwich bag or something and ride out the allergy as best you can with OTC meds. If worse comes to worst, at least you'll still have the edible in case you need to make a mad dash to the ER and want them to know exactly what you've ingested. I highly, highly (I really can't stress this enough) doubt it'll ever get to that point, though-- I'm just always thinking about Plan B/C/D etc.

Last edited:
An allergy is possible. I know a couple of guys who are allergic, get a reaction when trimming for example. I think one of them might have had issues with edibles. Doesn't stop them from smoking.

Salutations 421,

An allergy is possible.

I can only concur to that and more!...
26.gif

...guys who are allergic, get a reaction when trimming...

...or acquired that allergy through being over-exposed previously. :|

The big question being, exposed to what?...

...might have had issues with edibles. Doesn't stop them from smoking.

It helps to do both with moderation: less is more like others would point out! =D

But less when the sessions fails to provide satisfaction already may prove frustrating, that's one reason why i like my modded VaporGenie pipe so much: it's less harsh and there's a comforting ritual attached as a bonus (at least to an ex-smoker).

=D