• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Possibile long term cannabis side effect

Kryst

Greenlighter
Hi guys,I've been using cannabis mostly for medical purpose for almost a year. I have several autoimmune disorders and adrenal dysfunction (messed up cortisol, chronic fatigue, etc).

Since my last move, which was quite stressful, I've been often waking up at 3-4am and be unable of falling back asleep, so I started to keep my vaporizer loaded at the side of my bad, so that in case that happens I can vape and fall back asleep.
I noticed a couple of times that when I vaped after waking up at 3am, what would normally be very mild (40mg of pot l, 362F, three hits) was feeling much stronger, like 6-9 hits, with a big heady buzz, and les relaxation, but I thought nothing of it, since I know cannabis can be pretty idiosyncratic.

Around a couple of weeks ago I had the same thing happening: woke up at 3am, couldn't fall back asleep, vaped my usual three hits. However, this time within minutes I could tell something was not right, as I felt a very strong high coming up. At first I decided to ride it out, but it quickly escalated into the strongest cannabis high I ver had, and in a bad way: I got massive anxiety and had to struggle with all my willpower to not lose my shit, I had spins, my mind was not working right had had a hard time coming up with words and understanding what my wife was saying, I had a weird kind of heat feeling in my kidney area, and I had some of the classic panic attack symptoms including I controllable shivering, etc. Also all of this was coming in waves, 3-4 minutes apart.
I took 0,5mg Xanax and after 45 min I felt better.I obviously decided to take a break from pot, and though it had just been a freak accident.
However three days after that night I started having panic attacks during the night so I started taking 0.25mg of Xanax before bedtime. I also get these weird attacks during the day, usually in the morning, I feel a little dizzy and edgy, and a bit space out.
They kind of feel a little bit like a mild pot intoxication, but in an unpleasant way: no relaxation but quite the opposite, no stone, not feeling good, just feeling a bit altered really.Also my blood pressure is acting up, one day it's kind of high, then pretty low, same with heart rate, some day it's really slow, others pretty fast.
The only thing that seems to be helping with these issues is Xanax and propanolol (non selective b-blocker).

What I would like to know is if anybody ever had something like this happen, when after a strong (and very unpleasant) cannabis high, they would keep getting panic attacks and attacks of "feeling altered" for days without touching the pot again.Thanks!

It sounds like the weed triggered your anxiety. When I first started having panic attacks it felt like I was high in exactly the way you describe. My experience was identical, man. Just try and relax and accept the feelings that arise. You should be able to get over it.

What I would like to know is if anybody ever had something like this happen, when after a strong (and very unpleasant) cannabis high, they would keep getting panic attacks and attacks of "feeling altered" for days without touching the pot again.Thanks!

yes yes yes i never got panic attacks from cannabis (but as you said cannabis is very idiosynchratic) but i have something kinda similar, if i get super duper high, which imo is unpleasant, i do have lots of 'attacks of feeling altered' for some days without touching the pot. to me is some things triggering bits of psychedelia (which happen when i get very high) and some paranoia, not being able to think properly...