• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Positives of meth usage.

treemaan101

Greenlighter
As a 60 yo methamphetamine user ; I believe that the corporate media and the government are the chief instigators of the hysterical propaganda that reminds me of the time when marijuana was illegal during the 40's, 50's and 60's.
Although doing any drugs excessively will cause harm , a little common sense and moderation will ultimately allow it's users to safely consume any drugs, especially meth. Since using methamphetamine I have more energy, and feel younger and stronger than my 60 years would suggest. Meth has helped me quit using alcohol and other drugs as well as smoking cigarettes ( although I do enjoy an occasional joint of good weed and a cigar). I stay well hydrated, sleep well , when I don't want to stay awake, and enjoy eating food. The key is moderation and baking soda. The most painful part of the hysterical propaganda to hear is about how people lose weight by not eating and their teeth rotting and falling out. Baking soda is the cure to both of these problems as methamphetamine is basically an acid and baking soda a base. It will help neutralize the effects of meth on the teeth, gums, tongue and throat of it's users. Allowing for better tasting food and drink to be consumed and to have stronger, healthier teeth and gums. I hope this helps. :DTreemaan101

Hey treemaan, welcome to BL

Great to see that you've managed to get your meth use under control and make it work for you (y)

Unfortunately, for many other people, such a feat isn't usually within reach. The addictiveness of meth and inability to limit its usage creates a lot of serious problems for users. Certainly the media hyping and dramatisation doesn't help, but nevertheless there are some serious valid issues in amongst all the hysteria, and many lives are derailed or ruined.

Regarding teeth, the biggest problem is probably xerostomia (dry mouth). This is a consequence of the way the drug increases peripheral adrenergic signalling, which reduces saliva production. Saliva is the substance that neutralizes the acids produced by bacteria (and food/drinks we eat) in the mouth, and also provides the minerals the teeth need to remineralize. So when a meth user suffers repeated and frequent periods of dry mouth, unfortunately, over time, the enamel and teeth will tend to decay and rot.

That is unless they can restore saliva flow to something approximating normal. Which can be helped by regular eating and drinking (ie normal physiological functions), but for many, eating is the last thing they feel like doing while using meth.

There are many pros to using meth. If there was no benefit then I don't think the drug would have become nearly as popular as it is now.

Euphoria, focus, heightened sexual arousal, increased productivity, weight loss. I would go on and on but you I think you get the point.

The reason it has such a bad rap is those positive effects tend to lead to an urge to use it habitability in an attempt to stay in that mindset. Over time this can cause serious consequences and complications in every aspect of a persons life. The media likes to sensationalize this.

But just because the media sensationalizes does NOT mean it is not true to a very large extent. Many humans have the tendency to prefer instant gratification, and if it is taken away and the exact opposite of those feel-goods start to emerge, people will do whatever is necessary to get that feeling back.

IMO no drug is bad, it is just a matter of how you use. Drugs dont ruin lives, people with drugs ruin their own lives.

I started using in moderation because it was the one thing that I tried that made me feel confident, gave me motivation to want to work no matter what it was, and it changed the way I thought about things even though that’s kind of a good and a bad thing but in my case mostly good. Don’t get me wrong I abused it my beginning years and it led down a very deep hole that ive never experienced in my life and I never want to go back to down there. So I started to look for all the pros that this drug gave me and began learning how much I should dose and the outcome was great I managed to get a job after 4 years of literally doing nothing, I restored some of my relationships with family, and I stopped worrying about the future so much and started just living in the present. But all this comes with practice before I could go 3-4 days without eating/sleeping.
Now I sleep 6-8 hours every night. Eat 3 meals a day. Drink protein. Only thing I need to start doing is exercising a bit more but I do move around a bit as a food delivery driver. Nonetheless I think every drug isn’t as bad as people say it is. It’s just depends on the user if they actually want to utilize the drug or just get high and sit around all day everyday which leads to absolutely nothing.