• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Positive drug test help

Status
Not open for further replies.

InstantRegret12

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I’m brand new here but glad I’ve found you. I have a question about my drug test……It seems the test they did was SUPER detailed, it showed literally everything in my body, every medication, cough medicine I was taking, ibuprofen etc….do you test positive for morphine and it’s metabolite when you take codeine?? It also shows concentration levels, how easy is it to dispute those?? I can give more details into my situation if need be, I appreciate anyone who can help me, I’m super scared right now.

They typically test for drug metabolites, not the drug itself, as that is what is excreted mostly.

The only way to dispute concentration levels is if it is close to the false positive cutoff (low). It's something they automatically do, I don't think you can dispute it yourself.

Thanks for answering! Online it says the cut off is 2000, but level is showing over 8000, I made a HUGE mistake and took ONE pill I had sitting around the day before, the medication he gives me is Hydrocodone but I had run out. I also was given a legit RX for codeine from my GI for an issue along with other scripts, and had taken that as well. So my test is showing positive for the drugs I’m not supposed to have and none of the one I should be taking. I had zero clue they were going to drug test me, it’s my Neurologist office! It just looks so much worse than it is, I’m not abusing anything, it was just shitty timing. I suppose how you metabolize something can contribute to levels yeah? Just wondering how much crap I’m going to be in for this 🙄

Thanks for answering! Online it says the cut off is 2000, but level is showing over 8000, I made a HUGE mistake and took ONE pill I had sitting around the day before, the medication he gives me is Hydrocodone but I had run out. I also was given a legit RX for codeine from my GI for an issue along with other scripts, and had taken that as well. So my test is showing positive for the drugs I’m not supposed to have and none of the one I should be taking. I had zero clue they were going to drug test me, it’s my Neurologist office! It just looks so much worse than it is, I’m not abusing anything, it was just shitty timing. I suppose how you metabolize something can contribute to levels yeah? Just wondering how much crap I’m going to be in for this 🙄
If you have a script for codeine and tested positive for morphine you should be ok I believe? Just tell them that's what you took. The body converts codeine into morphine, that's how codeine works.

Oh wow, so I might actually be ok? Phew. I had looked that up and saw that information, but I figured due to the fact that the test seemed to have so many variables tested for there was no way I could deny it. It’s got literally everything I had ingested in a day or two, insane. I wasn’t expecting it.

Oh wow, so I might actually be ok? Phew. I had looked that up and saw that information, but I figured due to the fact that the test seemed to have so many variables tested for there was no way I could deny it. It’s got literally everything I had ingested in a day or two, insane. I wasn’t expecting it.
As long as you can prove you have a legit codeine script I assume he's not going to cut you off or anything.

Oh yeah, I’ve got it. It’s only temporary anyways, so I won’t be taking it beyond another day. I honestly don’t even care if he cuts me off for meds, I just didn’t want to be fired as a patient.

Yes, morphine is a metabolite of codeine, so it would show in a drug test I imagine.

That said, we don't really do drug test threads on this forum, so I will have to close your thread.

Have a look at these sub forum rules for BDD here:

As well, since you're new, I would have a gander at the BLUA, which contains our site wide rules, there's a link to that in my signature.

Welcome to Bluelight!

Status
Not open for further replies.