• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Positive drug screen for benzos when I haven't taken any

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenAngel72

Greenlighter
Does anyone know what drugs, over the counter or prescribed, can cause a urine drug screen to show up as positive for benzos when I haven't taken any in a couple months? I do take Benadryl every night to help me sleep and I take Flexeril for muscle spasms. Otherwise the only other thing I take is Zofran for nausea, Fentanyl and Dilaudid for pain. I used to have a prescription for Ativan, but like I said it has been at least a couple months since I had taken it last, if not longer. I also came up negative for opiates while wearing a 100 mcg Fentanyl patch and I had taken 12 mg of Dilaudid right before my appointment. I have been on both of them for over 7 yrs so this makes no sense. I am lucky to have an understanding doctor, but this has happened multiple times and I am worried that she's gonna think I am not taking my meds as prescribed at some point and cut me off. I have Chronic Pancreatitis so going without my pain meds is NOT an option. I apologize ahead of time if I have posted this question in the wrong spot. I am new to this forum and trying to learn everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.