• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy Tea - How does rectal onset/duration compare to oral?

nosdomus

Greenlighter
I am referring to the tea after it has been evaporated to a smaller amount of liquid that is easily applied rectally. Given how PST, due to the various alkaloids, typically has a longer onset than morphine alone, I'm wondering how long you should expect it to kick in rectally. Anyone got experience with this?

Poppy seed tea has a great deal of oils from poppy seeds which might not be too conducive to plugging. Might work but be careful, poppy seed tea can sometimes have a surprisingly high amount of morphine.

Poppy seed tea has a great deal of oils from poppy seeds which might not be too conducive to plugging. Might work but be careful, poppy seed tea can sometimes have a surprisingly high amount of morphine.
Yeah I was thinking about that, the fats and oils. I think heating might actually reduce those too and the morphine should be fine. The seeds I'm experimenting with rn are local, they aren't very strong but in the right amounts they work well

I have a theory that the vigorous shaking involved with making poppy seed tea, combined with the large amount of poppy seed oils, effectively creates a liposome around the alkaloids (ie, morphine) which explains why poppy seed tea is so long-lasting when compared to pod tea or oral opium. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liposome

This would make it not suitable for rectal administration as there would be no way for you body to open up these liposomes. Heating may open up these liposomes however which might make it more suitable for rectal use.

Still my general recommendation is: don't plug poppy seed tea.

If you do, let us know what happened (just out of curiosity's sake).

I have a theory that the vigorous shaking involved with making poppy seed tea, combined with the large amount of poppy seed oils, effectively creates a liposome around the alkaloids (ie, morphine) which explains why poppy seed tea is so long-lasting when compared to pod tea or oral opium. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liposome

This would make it not suitable for rectal administration as there would be no way for you body to open up these liposomes. Heating may open up these liposomes however which might make it more suitable for rectal use.

If you do, let us know what happened (just out of curiosity's

That's a pretty reasonable explanation actually. I know that it's possible to make 'flake opium' though, where you just evaporate all the liquid until you're left with small dark/brown/black sludge. Haven't tried that orally but I wonder if it kicks faster with a shorter duration

That's a pretty reasonable explanation actually. I know that it's possible to make 'flake opium' though, where you just evaporate all the liquid until you're left with small dark/brown/black sludge. Haven't tried that orally but I wonder if it kicks faster with a shorter duration
i never had much luck with the flake thing... i used PST brewed from 1.5-2lbs of seeds daily for almost 10 years - in my experience, even the smallest amount of fluid needed to clean the goods off of the seeds is simply just too much... i used 6oz liquid per 3/4lb seeds, any less water and i feel like they weren't rinsed well enough. i guess if you're patient any amount of water can evaporate. but then do what with the flake? heat will destroy it... so either add water in a small enough amount to then plug is i guess the question? i think its been covered before - of course an opium enema sounds great but i'd jus drink the shit man.

i never had much luck with the flake thing... i used PST brewed from 1.5-2lbs of seeds daily for almost 10 years - in my experience, even the smallest amount of fluid needed to clean the goods off of the seeds is simply just too much... i used 6oz liquid per 3/4lb seeds, any less water and i feel like they weren't rinsed well enough. i guess if you're patient any amount of water can evaporate. but then do what with the flake? heat will destroy it... so either add water in a small enough amount to then plug is i guess the question? i think its been covered before - of course an opium enema sounds great but i'd jus drink the shit man.
Yeah... Today I'm thinking of just swallowing the evaporated product. Don't wanna risk wasting it through my ass if it doesn't work. I'm hoping that through destryoing

If you do, let us know what happened (just out of curiosity's sake).
Instead of plugging, I'm going to swallow the evaporated product instead now. I'm currently working with the weakest seeds you could get... I have to use a very large amount for satisfying effects. I'm hoping that maybe through this method the purer product should actually be much more effective if it's a case of the absorption being slowed down by the fats etc.