• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

poppy seeds bought from amish whole saler

F

fat freddy

I know nobody can tell me exact quality of my seeds from post but would like to get a general idea if I have possibly the good ones. I haven't made my tea yet because I'm using it to supplement pain management and will try them as needed. The seeds were bought from an amish whole saler and I was told by employess they buy them in 80 pound bags,the seeds come from Australia,and asked if they were washed they didn't even know what this meant.
Anyway the seeds look the color of gravel they range from light grey to a navy blue and they look like they have very fine tobacco littering the whole batch(I'm guessing it's plant material and it's a lot,looks to be as I said a full cigarette was findly grounded through out the 5 pound bag). Also thy seem to stick to the bg so I'm assuming it's the oil.

I'm not an expert on poppy seeds but I hear buying them from a whole saler is the way to go!

Sounds good. Only way to know is to try (or wait for someone more knowledgeable than me to come along).

Please be careful when you try it. Seeds can vary widely in potency, so start with a small serving.

Amish seeds are typically of the dutch variety. I find these to be not so strong but can vary

they look like they have very fine tobacco littering the whole batch(I'm guessing it's plant material and it's a lot,looks to be as I said a full cigarette was findly grounded through out the 5 pound bag). Also thy seem to stick to the bg so I'm assuming it's the oil.

Yeah, those are going to be good. That material is pod material.

Be very careful if you're opiate naive, poppy seed tea can be dangerous.

Personally, I never found the effects all that spectacular, and while it would keep me out of withdrawal in a pinch, sometimes it would also give me some really weird side effects (a headache, dizziness, unpleasant rubber legs, etc). I always figured it was due to the thebaine content.

It also tastes HORRENDOUS. I drink kratom daily and don't mind the taste, but strong poppy seed tea actually makes me gag. Nasty, foul stuff.

Sorry to hijack a thread for my question but how do you guesstimate some kind of an starting point for first poppy tee serving for a person who is opiate naive?

Teaspoon or two ok?

Honestly answer - with something as random as poppy seed tea, there is no safe dose starting point for someone opiod naive. Morphine content varies SO much, the onset is really slow, and the duration of effects are incredibly long. From what I remember, I wouldn't even notice a change in head space until 2-3 hours after drinking that foul crap.

If you're hell bent on achieving an opiod high, you're better off looking for something that you can accurately dose with, or even better, kratom. Kratom, as another legal alternative, is a LOT safer, a lot less disgusting, and has far more pleasant effects (at least to me).

That said, I believe the 'starting point' is usually 100-150 grams of poppy seeds shaken vigorously in enough water to cover them. Use caution, start low the first time. Don't redose until at least a few hours in.

Quite bluntly, I wish poppy seed tea would've been my first opiate 'high' - it sucks enough that I wouldn't have spent most of my life chasing the dragon.