• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

POPPY SEED washing patent

SiCc

Bluelighter
http://www.google.com/patents/EP2153876B1?cl=en

I have been a poppy seed tea lover for many years and have always known some companies can afford to wash their seeds before distribution. I have been in countless arguments with other seed lovers about the washing of seeds. Washed seeds have a spicy/pepper smell to them. Some think that smell is from a chemical they use to treat the seed, but its actually from an acidic steam wash companies use to remove the remaining alkoloids attached to the seeds. Some users beleive seeds dont get washed at all.

I go to these sites that sell seeds and see so many reviews about making tea and nod of approvals, this is why companies will be forced to wash their seeds before distributing. Idiocy ruins it for us all. I did some research and found this patent/method for washing seeds for industrial vendors. The link to the patent is up top. Any seed users have any opinions on this? 8(

21 ppm is 21/1,000,000 or 21℅ of one percent of one percent of one percent basically zero.

Basically yes, but thats just this model. Im sure there are more methods. I wonder what they do with the wash. It has to be controlled they cant just dump morphine down the drain.

Along with many more alkoloids besides morphine.

Im guessing they could just evaporate the water then heat it at like 1800 f