• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed tea is legitimate - How to make it work for you.

Guys and gals, you need to be cautious when doing this. I'm 5`7" 145lbs and have little to no tolerance for opioid anymore. I used one pound doing the quick shake method with lemon juice. Just one pound had me so fucked up i puked every couple minutes. One pound and I almost over doses. I feel exactly how I did when I over dosed on heroin. Can't get up, can't drink or eat anything. I'm glad I only made that pound our I'd be dead today...

im curious to ask this, are dried poppy pods still sold legally online and if so, how come? very interesting because they are strong and have opiatic effect, i just dont get it. anyone to tell me?

I know this is super fucked up but I was a junkie that'd do a lot of shit for a fix, especially if I was sick... Well I knew some dude that I used to go through to get H for a while cause I didn't have my own dealer for a minute there, and he'd always pinch my shit but I didn't have a scale and he actually tied the fucking tiny ass balloons back up, like I couldn't straight up accuse him.. I mean, it's not like I didn't make it pretty obvious that I thought something fishy was going on.. We both knew I knew, but I didn't have proof and he was my only source so I couldn't really go anywhere else anyway.

Well, one day he made the mistake of telling me that he had opium poppies growing in his front yard one time.. There were big ass pods and TONS of plants, probably about 40-50. So when I would get hard up for shit, or just wanted a free, easy high I would mask up and go in at about 03:00 hours and just grab a shit ton of fresh, big ass pods.

I never really got too technical when I would make my tea with em, I don't even think I read up much on it. I did a bit, but not a ton. so I would get the stems and pods (probably 15-30 pods every time, I'd wait for them to regrow more pods and I'd go steal em again. It didn't really take long, like a few weeks and I could go get em again), throw em in the blender with HOT water and a pretty ample amount of lemon juice and blend it into a nasty NASTY fucking slurry, choke it down and I'd be high, especially the body high, for hours and hours, pretty much all day long.

It's kinda ironic because we both knew that I was the one that was stealing em because it was about a week after he told me about em that they started disappearing every 2 to 3 weeks. He asked me once if I was stealing his poppies, I just said no cause what is he gonna say? He couldn't prove it like I couldn't prove him pinching my B's, although we both knew what eachother were doing.. Well one day I went to go re-up on his poppies and every single plant was cut down.

I know it was fucked up, but I was a fucked up junkie.

Point is, those fresh, big ass poppies got me feelin good for a long time. Especially cause I just blended everything and drank poppy pod, stem, lemon water slurry. And yeah, I ate all the plant material... probably took me 3 hours to down a cup but I'd be chillin all day long.

i tried to find poppy pods online but no good results. did they ban them already??

You say the flavor is like a nasty flurry? is that anything like kratom?

I hate the way kratom tastes.

Poppy seed tea tastes like wood chips with a hint of lemon. It's tolerable if you only do it once in a while, but it seems to get more disgusting when you're doing it every single day.

No, poppy pods have not been banned, at least not in the US. Some of the places that sell pods seem to be out of stock at the moment (probably because it's an off time of year), but the place where I get my, um, "floral supplies" still has them in stock.

They're technically illegal, but the authorities turn a blind eye to it most of the time. They're too expensive for most people to maintain a daily habit anyway, which is why seed tea is much more popular.

So just a heads up. This concoction has literally the worst dts of anything I have every experienced. I figured it might relieve the mild sweats/chills I get from from some rx opioids... so I tried about half a pound of these seeds (cold water, two washes)... it sort of works but definitely not as nice as what I'm used to... anyway, about 36 hours later I had some wicked dts in the form of 24 hours of unrelenting nausea/migraines, I can't remember the last time I felt so absolutely awful. My appetite is still not back to normal and it's been 3 days...
honestly I'd still consider myself an opiod rookie, I don't use daily, just occasionally to help with the post shift work insomnia, so it might just be that I'm not used to anything this long acting... but I just figured I should post something as a psa

Last edited:
Is there anywhere in this forum or another one where brands can e discussed?

Don't get your hopes up, but looking into it. There is enough discussion here to figure out what to look for in your seeds though (color, odor, bulk food store, cheap brands, in bulk, etc).

I'm glad someone refreshed this thread, because I never would have found it otherwise. @Mlcae34, I don't know how far down this rabbit hole you've gone, but do yourself a favor and don't make a habit out of poppy seed tea. I am coming down off the worst 5 days of my life, doing a rapid taper after using PST daily for the past 6 months. My usage was actually pretty mild compared to other accounts I've read on this website... Heaviest use was a week of .75 lbs daily. The last 5 days have been absolute hell, and that wasn't even cold turkey! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

The super-long half-life and cocktail of alkaloids in PST mean that daily use will cause an enormous accumulation of the stuff in your body, and the withdrawal is HORRIBLE. Please take my experience and advice to heart and *do not make a habit out of poppy seed tea*. The party WILL end at some point and you'll be in Hell.

^that was also something I noticed. Given there are a lot of different factors at play, but coming off a summer of PPT was more difficult than coming off methadone for me. Ugh, worst GI issues ever. I mean, it's all bad, but PST/PPT is nothing to take lightly.

Some writer, I can't remember who, said that while alcohol is an acute pleasure, opium is a chronic one. The thing is, with alcohol, there is a direct correlation between how drunk you get and how hungover you are the following day. Some people cue in on this and limit their drinking, some don't... But with the PST, the afterglow and comedown *from a single dose* were so mild that I just didn't see any problem with taking it every day. There was never any hangover, no negative reinforcement to check my usage. Before I knew it, I'd been taking it every day for months, and the party always has to end... But I had no idea what this hangover is like until I tried to stop using.

I know these aren't new universal truths I'm uncovering; I'm sure any opiate is similar. But this has been my experience, and it has been eye-opening. In PST I thought I had found such a wonderful replacement to my alcohol usage. It's hands-down a better high: comfort with clarity, without the confusion and stammering of a drunk. I know I'd be dead if I hadn't quit drinking the way I was drinking for the last 15 years. I was in big trouble, and it had to end. Only now do I realize that nothing is free.

I'm so glad I'll be away from the stuff for 3 weeks, starting Saturday.

Congrats on your accomplishments with this stuff!

Your experience mirrors what my own, as well as that of nearly everyone I've ever heard from who did not have an overwhelmingly negative experience with opioids their first few times. It's easy to forget that most people don't seem to get enough out of opioid use for it to become a serious habit; but for those of us that do, what you describe is oh so familiar. It's largely why I fell in love with opioids, and also why I struggle(d) with them so.

Learning how opioid use is actually counter productive to experiment the more profound, meaningful experience of contentment in life makes not using easier, but that was a very experiential lesson I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, @toothpastedog. It's nice to read this website and know I'm not the only person to go through this. Nobody in my real life knows I've been doing this. I've had to pretend I'm fine for the last week. I'm not out of the woods yet and already took more today than I wanted. Still, the direction is correct. I can't wait to feel normal again.

Thanks @keeping! All the support from people here, even just a few words at times, has been awesome. I'm glad I posted about it. It's hard to say that about very much on the internet these days :)

I thought seed tea was bollocks with all the mixed views I've seen about it. Even though I have a mid-level oxy tolerance (not super high, but I can take 120mg with benzos and function just fine at work) I just got some unwashed seeds off <snip> and mixed them with orange juice because I read citric acid helps potentate. Didn't even pour too much in. I have a 500g bag I poured in a very small portion of that.

I can absolutely feel this. I am high as fuck. I'm itching. I'm even nodding on and off. Absolutely legit opiate effect from this shit. Cannot believe I got this stuff so easy and cheap. Next I will just buy in kilos to get a far better price now I've confirmed the shit works.

Have let some of the seeds settle in water and indeed the water turned brown which is the good sign.

Can barely even type all I can say is PST is unexpectedly amazing.

For the sake of harm reduction it's obvious by this point that like any other opiate this shit is addictive and should not be made into a habit. You are drinking pure opium.

But fuck me I swear this feels better than snorting an OC80. I'm gonna go enjoy the nod.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yeah, it's all about getting the right seeds. I haven't done it in years. Be careful not to get caught up in a bad habit, you see how easy it is.

The thing about seeds is you never know exactly how much morphine you're getting. It's a gamble with your life. Some batches are more potent than others.

Also, stick to fiber or a laxative, you're gonna need it. Don't let yourself get too clogged up. lol

It's not a gamble with your life if you're careful. You need to drink the tea slowly, over a couple of hours so it kicks in first before you finish it. Then youll be able to judge the strength. If you just drink the tea haphazardly without any idea how strong it is, then it is a gamble with your life.

It's not a gamble with your life if you're careful. You need to drink the tea slowly, over a couple of hours so it kicks in first before you finish it. Then youll be able to judge the strength. If you just drink the tea haphazardly without any idea how strong it is, then it is a gamble with your life.

It's not an exact science. You might not know how strong it really is until it's too late. Even moderate doses can be lethal.

I just know for me, it's better left alone and not even worth it becoming a habit. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.