• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Poppy seed tea in Europe

Well that's what I did shook up in a bottle , undid lid a little and squeezed the liquid out and it was pretty brown , no way we're they washed or they had a potent insecticide on them that makes you chill, nod for hours .

I think My mate must have tried every brand in the uk (slight exaggeration ) that claimed to be “unwashed” and never had even a slight nod from PST and I went upto 1kg a wash

I don’t know if things have changed since 2018 but no chance with uk seeds these days it seems ?

Last edited:
^ you'd be much better off trying with pods, which can be had here online, although to be honest I don't get much from them myself. But at least you know there's morphine in them, unlike with the seeds

^ you'd be much better off trying with pods, which can be had here online, although to be honest I don't get much from them myself. But at least you know there's morphine in them, unlike with the seeds

Can we buy them legally in the uk ?

sounds like a lot of bother when you can score a bag in 10 mins and get it delivered in most cases

put me in a town and i would be able to score in 20min anyone can just knowing what to look for

Can we buy them legally in the uk ?
Technically not, but I bought them for years in 1 and 2kg amounts from a regular old website, using paypal and often sent by special delivery. Very potent, very cheap, very addictive and very hard to quit. The rattle was like 2 weeks long of acute misery and the PAWS I imagine would be miserable, however as I never made it longer than 3 weeks before I started using again, I never found out how long it would last. I eventually graduated to IV heroin and am now stable on methadone, having not used in 18 months, however I started using 12 years ago, so it's a relatively new sobriety. Whilst I have done some nasty rattles off the gear and at one stage fentanyl, I would say that the only kick that I have experienced that was worse than quitting high dose, long term poppy pod tea (PPT) use was precipitated withdrawal caused by shooting 8mg buprenorphine too soon after spending 2 weeks shooting extremely potent fentanyl analogues in insane doses anything upto 15 or 20 times a day.

The very low cost, high potency and convenience of getting 2kgs of pods for roughly £45 delivered, coupled with the very long duration of the high being 24 hours or so, means you can jack your tolerance up high enough that 120mg of methadone won't give you much relief for the first week or 2 and going cold turkey is misery. The intensity of heroin withdrawal with the (partial) duration of methadone withdrawal makes it a uniquely nasty experience not seen with common street opiates, taking 2 or 3 days to really get going and not really abating until 10 days after. It also takes quite a long time for the high to peak too, roughly 4 hours, so if you are still keen to try it after all I've said, bear this in mind: Start very low and don't redose for at least 12 hours and ideally 24. Don't mix with booze or benzos, don't drive and don't have anything major to do the next day.

As for seeds, I don't think the brands sold in the USA that have been reported to be unwashed and effective are sold in the UK, but be careful regardless. Poppy seed tea isn't anywhere near the potency on a gram for gram basis compared to poppy pod tea, however those without tolerance can easily be killed by either. A good starting dose for poppy pod tea to someone with no tolerance would be 10-20grams of pod material, blended to a powder to which a good amount of hot, but not boiling, water is added, along with an optional squirt of something like Jif lemon juice concentrate is added. Blend the mixture again for a minute or 2, then allow to steep for an hour. Filter through a fine cotton cloth, something similar to the fabric from a cotton t-shirt is ideal, squeezing the pulp dry and then drinking. Some people might drink half 1st, then the other in a few hours, to gauge potency aand this is a very good idea to those without tolerance or prior pod tea experience, but I always slugged it in one

Poppy seed tea (PST) is easier to prepare. Weigh seeds, add to large plastic bottle, add warm water, again with Jif if desired, shake for a few minutes, strain by holding cloth over the bottle top and turn upside down. Potency varies wildly, even among different bags from the same batch from the same vendor. It is much more expensive compared to PPT, but it sidesteps the dubious legality of poppy pods AKA poppy straw in the UK in that the seeds are legal to possess, however the solution of PST is still an illegal drug and could be considered as manufacturing, a more serious charge given that it contains many class A drugs.

These are seriously dangerous, addictive drugs, right up there with heroin and methadone. They aren't in the same galaxy as the likes of codeine , which was the first opiate I abused. I made the mistake of thinking that because it was a long duration, potent and cheap way of getting an opiate high, I wouldn't have to spend alot of money on codeine to CWE, spending ages driving around different pharmacies, that I could dose once a day, that it would last me for ages and it would be easier to quit slowly and relatively painlessly compared to short duration of codeine requiring multiple doses a day.

What experience with opiates do you have?

^well it's legal to buy (and sell) the pods for decorative/floral purposes, but presumably not to prepare them for consumption. It does rather highlight the absurdities of drug laws when you can buy a packet of poppy seeds from Tesco but if you shake them up in a glass of water you're preparing Class A material

I've had some pretty nasty side effects from Pod tea - copious vomiting, awful headache and - most worryingly - coming up with a strange red rash on my body on a couple of occasions. It's why I briefly boil the pod material before simmering, to kill of any pesticides or pathogens that might be present in them. I know you often read that boiling opium causes it to become defective, but I think this is one of those internet myths that isn't really backed up by evidence. After all, opium can be smoked

I can't say I've had much success with 'good' effects from pods. But then I didn't get much from kratom either, which some people swear by. Perhaps I'm expecting too much, using too much, or just immune to them....:oops:

Yep. Why go from pods to methadone tho? As long as I can get me pods, I'll kep using them. But I only do a few days and then back to a week on the gear. I know my method works too, I don't get proper buzzed. But I do feel normal as it were, nice warm cozy normal as I'm used to and a good night's sleep.
Yep. Homeless folk, they know the drill. First time I ever scored, was for my ex, not even for me. Before I had a mobile but them boys had them. Very nice big issue seller rang the geezer from phone box, told him I was coming, then sent me on a bus to Winson Green by the canal. Geezer had me waiting best part of an hour, think it must've been only 20 p a call back then. Ha ha, anyway, he came, ifti, I dipped. The bags of course, as had a bit of a taste for it and there you go. They will know where to score. Don't cary more money than you need to. Be polite and respectful, but at the same time confident you know what you're doing. Good luck.

can you give some tips?. Generally of course, not specifically

Sorry to be such a twat, I know that you are only trying to be as sensible and as safe as possible but its really not in the spirit of the site to give even 'general tips' on obtaining drugs - for example - I went through a period where I relied on the practise of 'doctor shopping' across the EU in order to stock up on benzodiazepines, but even describing the 'general' method would be a potentially enabler for anyone to obtain drugs illicitly. We know that people can buy drugs from either the street or the internet but any discussion on the methodology or location (whether a specific street/area or a website) can, in some cases, be all one needs to then go on and obtain the drugs. Its best just to leave the source discussion to a bare minimum.

I know that I specifically referred to geographical locations in the last post I made in the heroin thread, but I am fairly confident that just because I made people aware that there are heroin sources in the north of the city, I have not made it any easier for a member of the public to obtain some, as common sense suggests that it is available in any sizeable urban area on any point of the compass. I would be more reticent however if describing a local gang operating in say 'Littleton Village in Southshire' as if it only had a population of 3 - 500 residents it would construe information of a much more specific nature as unlike huge conurbations there would perhaps be only one source of drugs and may encourage others to genuinely chance it and not only would it help identifying a source but it also may result in somebody getting hurt, robbed or worse.

^ yeah I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked

I live a stone's throw from a very rough area. All those stabbings and acid attacks you see on the news in London happen around me. My sister had her phone stolen by one of those moped scum but fortunately she wasn't hurt.

I'm not going to approach random black dudes. Around here most of the homeless big issue sellers are Romanians. I saw a morbidly obese "homeless" Romanian woman sitting on a chair selling Big Issues....hmmmm :unsure:

Technically not, but I bought them for years in 1 and 2kg amounts from a regular old website, using paypal and often sent by special delivery. Very potent, very cheap, very addictive and very hard to quit. The rattle was like 2 weeks long of acute misery and the PAWS I imagine would be miserable, however as I never made it longer than 3 weeks before I started using again, I never found out how long it would last. I eventually graduated to IV heroin and am now stable on methadone, having not used in 18 months, however I started using 12 years ago, so it's a relatively new sobriety. Whilst I have done some nasty rattles off the gear and at one stage fentanyl, I would say that the only kick that I have experienced that was worse than quitting high dose, long term poppy pod tea (PPT) use was precipitated withdrawal caused by shooting 8mg buprenorphine too soon after spending 2 weeks shooting extremely potent fentanyl analogues in insane doses anything upto 15 or 20 times a day.

The very low cost, high potency and convenience of getting 2kgs of pods for roughly £45 delivered, coupled with the very long duration of the high being 24 hours or so, means you can jack your tolerance up high enough that 120mg of methadone won't give you much relief for the first week or 2 and going cold turkey is misery. The intensity of heroin withdrawal with the (partial) duration of methadone withdrawal makes it a uniquely nasty experience not seen with common street opiates, taking 2 or 3 days to really get going and not really abating until 10 days after. It also takes quite a long time for the high to peak too, roughly 4 hours, so if you are still keen to try it after all I've said, bear this in mind: Start very low and don't redose for at least 12 hours and ideally 24. Don't mix with booze or benzos, don't drive and don't have anything major to do the next day.

As for seeds, I don't think the brands sold in the USA that have been reported to be unwashed and effective are sold in the UK, but be careful regardless. Poppy seed tea isn't anywhere near the potency on a gram for gram basis compared to poppy pod tea, however those without tolerance can easily be killed by either. A good starting dose for poppy pod tea to someone with no tolerance would be 10-20grams of pod material, blended to a powder to which a good amount of hot, but not boiling, water is added, along with an optional squirt of something like Jif lemon juice concentrate is added. Blend the mixture again for a minute or 2, then allow to steep for an hour. Filter through a fine cotton cloth, something similar to the fabric from a cotton t-shirt is ideal, squeezing the pulp dry and then drinking. Some people might drink half 1st, then the other in a few hours, to gauge potency aand this is a very good idea to those without tolerance or prior pod tea experience, but I always slugged it in one

Poppy seed tea (PST) is easier to prepare. Weigh seeds, add to large plastic bottle, add warm water, again with Jif if desired, shake for a few minutes, strain by holding cloth over the bottle top and turn upside down. Potency varies wildly, even among different bags from the same batch from the same vendor. It is much more expensive compared to PPT, but it sidesteps the dubious legality of poppy pods AKA poppy straw in the UK in that the seeds are legal to possess, however the solution of PST is still an illegal drug and could be considered as manufacturing, a more serious charge given that it contains many class A drugs.

These are seriously dangerous, addictive drugs, right up there with heroin and methadone. They aren't in the same galaxy as the likes of codeine , which was the first opiate I abused. I made the mistake of thinking that because it was a long duration, potent and cheap way of getting an opiate high, I wouldn't have to spend alot of money on codeine to CWE, spending ages driving around different pharmacies, that I could dose once a day, that it would last me for ages and it would be easier to quit slowly and relatively painlessly compared to short duration of codeine requiring multiple doses a day.

What experience with opiates do you have?

WOW! thanks for sharing all that and the advice .... the usual mate

DHC a 650mg dose does nothing for me anymore
Tramadol
Codeine
Morphine
Oxys

I assume 20g of said material is not enough to o/d from ?

bit worrying about the pesticides and the rest as well

“Forever changes” do you throw the straw into a pan of boiling water and for how long ?

Just wondering if maybe that why the pods aren’t working for you ?

PST/PPD is such a big monkey I think due to the tons of alakoloids . So people get addicted not to one substance but a lot all in one go

I assume if some liked it and did it 1 a week they would be ok to not develop
a dependency that would precipitate w/d

Do pods vary in quality / yield like the seeds? i.e a 1k wash from one vendor does nowt and another 400g gets people off by all accounts

Last edited:
^ I boil it for about a minute before letting it steep. You never really know where the pods have been, or what's on or in them, so it seems wise.

From what I have read it requires a temperature of much higher than 100 deg C to render opium useless, so boiling shouldn't be a problem

If you find any pods that have inside mould, damp, fur or stringy/clumpy bits or smell funny when you open them, throw them away and don't use them.

It's a bit late, but I'd rather plant them. I've been planning of doing so myself.
I luckily came across some flowers when I was living elsewhere, scored them while I went down to the shops, then tasted the latex upon returning back when it had darkened. After examining the appearance of the plants and then tasting the latex (which tasted exactly like the Codeine tablets + other Opiates / Opioids I had tasted), I knew I had the complete luck of finding them! I mean the seeds are lighter than some grains of sand, and I had seen some fully grown plants outside a house that was 10 metres or so from where I found these plants (I scored those, tasted the latex & noticed that they had been removed the next day!
:D ).

So I still have the seeds, may try planting them this year but assume it's too late... plus the weather hasn't been favourable for the time of year... so it would likely be a waste.

I did try a seed AND POD tea, which did make me feel a slight tickle of the Opiate nomnomz, but as said above - It will take Kilos of UNWASHED seeds to gain any desired effects.

One more thing = Having a lack of Opiate / Opioid tolerance is a VERY VERY GOOD THING!!!! DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKES THAT MANY OTHERS HAVE MADE (me included)
It really fucking sucks man, please take it from those who know, because once you obtain an addiction.... it really is one of the worst withdrawals to go through (not including Alcohol, Benzodiazepines and others), don't put yourself in other's shoes mate.

^ I boil it for about a minute before letting it steep. You never really know where the pods have been, or what's on or in them, so it seems wise.

From what I have read it requires a temperature of much higher than 100 deg C to render opium useless, so boiling shouldn't be a problem

If you find any pods that have inside mould, damp, fur or stringy/clumpy bits or smell funny when you open them, throw them away and don't use them.

I would not have a clue as to what looks / smells bad vis a vis these I'm as unfamiliar as a virgin on his weeding night ?

^ yeah I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked

I live a stone's throw from a very rough area. All those stabbings and acid attacks you see on the news in London happen around me. My sister had her phone stolen by one of those moped scum but fortunately she wasn't hurt.

I'm not going to approach random black dudes. Around here most of the homeless big issue sellers are Romanians. I saw a morbidly obese "homeless" Romanian woman sitting on a chair selling Big Issues....hmmmm :unsure:
Ha unlucky I had some big black dude come up to me and give me his number along with a fat bag of h well I say h I mean mostly fentanyl

Fent doesn't run with brown gear so easy to tell, never seen it in London but best to run a bit if yer gonna shoot it.

It's a bit late, but I'd rather plant them. I've been planning of doing so myself.
I luckily came across some flowers when I was living elsewhere, scored them while I went down to the shops, then tasted the latex upon returning back when it had darkened. After examining the appearance of the plants and then tasting the latex (which tasted exactly like the Codeine tablets + other Opiates / Opioids I had tasted), I knew I had the complete luck of finding them! I mean the seeds are lighter than some grains of sand, and I had seen some fully grown plants outside a house that was 10 metres or so from where I found these plants (I scored those, tasted the latex & noticed that they had been removed the next day!

So I still have the seeds, may try planting them this year but assume it's too late... plus the weather hasn't been favourable for the time of year... so it would likely be a waste.

I did try a seed AND POD tea, which did make me feel a slight tickle of the Opiate nomnomz, but as said above - It will take Kilos of UNWASHED seeds to gain any desired effects.

One more thing = Having a lack of Opiate / Opioid tolerance is a VERY VERY GOOD THING!!!! DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKES THAT MANY OTHERS HAVE MADE (me included)
It really fucking sucks man, please take it from those who know, because once you obtain an addiction.... it really is one of the worst withdrawals to go through (not including Alcohol, Benzodiazepines and others), don't put yourself in other's shoes mate.

I've been successfully growing my own poppies for about 5 years now and usually end up with 2-3 hundred pods. I use the same patch of ground every year and they grow better everytime.

It's never too late mate - get those fuckers sown. Ive been successfully growing my own poppies for 5 or so years now, and I don't even have to bother sowing them any more as they self seed every year. In fact, they would take over the whole garden if I let them. I confine them to the same patch every year and they just keep going from strength to strength. I usually end up with 200-300 decent sized pods which I've found to have a consistent potency. 7 dried pods crushed and simmered in water with a splash of lemon juice for 20 minutes or so gives me a decent long lasting buzz.