• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy Seed Tea, Extract?

meeer

Bluelighter
Hi everyone hope ya doing well, I had a small inquiry after coming across someone claiming to have simmered down Poppy Seed Tea for a more concentrated dosage and less total volume to consume due to the taste so fourth.

I was just wanting to know if anyone had any idea on the affect this may have to the active codeine and morphine inside, I know if I was using the latex Id be a few steps from home made heroin, but that's not in my interest at the moment just was hoping to get some info, if the active alkaloids break down or change anything in the process, and if its straight up able to be powderised as is another claim iv heard but feel might be a bit more likely to destroy the molecules fully evaporating.

I'm sure given enough time ill research this enough to satisfy my curiosity but I'm quite busy today and was wondering if anyone else already had any info?

Thanks guys.

I think it'd just take way too many seeds to be a viable option, there was that person that died from actually taking enough poppy seeds to get high. From what im reading boiling water is hot enough to destroy the morphine, but this info is from another drug forum instead of a scientist, because this is the information I have to work with. People usually do a Cold water extraction on opioids from what I know

Fuck poppy seeds.

The seeds have no active alkaloid content, other than what has been deposited on their husks during their time in the pod.

This is why results are highly variable.

Furthermore, You don't do a cold water extraction on seeds, you do a warm wash to dissolve the opium latex coating the seeds.

I think there is a little confusion here regarding extraction of codeine from pharmaceutical medications, and rinsing shit off seeds that may or may not have been in contact with opium latex.

Avoid blue commercial poppy in general because they're often low morphine cultivars and some of the alkaloids are bad for the heart.

Speaking from experience here. The white seeds might be different