• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy seed tea dosage

Slash5331

Bluelighter
So I'm reasonably opiate-naive and last couple of days have been trying poppy seed tea.
First time I tried 250g of seeds, with one rinse.
Second time I tried 250g of seeds, but rinsed them twice.

In both cases the effects hit at about T+30m, Peaked at about T+60m and then were mostly gone after 2-3 hours. I felt pretty good but it was somewhat underwhelming. In the past I have consumed 210mg codeine and 200mg tramadol without ill-effect. (though the codeine made me nod a lot this may have been from the leftover diazepam in my body and the nutmeg stone I was also experiencing).

The seeds come in 500g bags. Logistically it would be easy for me to just go ahead and double the dose, and take 500g of seeds in one dose. Based on my previous experiences would I be okay to do this?
The first 2 attempts I was somewhat paranoid and wrote 'opiates' on my hand and went and sat near the hospital, though due to the underwhelming effects this turned out to be unnecessary - but should I do that if I double the dose?

Cheers guys.

thing to remember about PST is there's no real way of telling what your dose is, some seeds might have lots of latex on them, others none. different batches are different strengths and even parts of the same batch may be stronger than the other.

Keeping is exactly right. No one can tell you how strong your dosage may be no matter how many ounces, or even pounds, that you use. One somewhat reliable predictor is how bitter the final product is. The more bitter, the stronger it is. The problem with this method is the fact that bitterness depends on how much water you use as well because the more water in the final product, the more diluted (less bitter) it will be. there are a bunch of threads around here somewhere that will give you more info, but none of it is reliable.

Also, if youre so scared of doing it that you sat next to a hospital while you were on it, you should probably reevaluate your idea for using it. Its always better to be safe than sorry, but if youre THAT worried, you just shouldnt do it.

Thanks for the input guys. I gave it a try today. It took a bit longer to kick in and I ended up feeling a bit nauseous with not much euphoria. Eventually just felt real tired and went to sleep for a nap. Not really worth it.