• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Poppy Seed Tea/500-1500g) - Semi experienced -Poppy seed tea withdrawal

Yeah I think you're right. I flew back home yesterday and drank some PST when I got back to my dorm. I used the last of the seeds that I had. But now I think I'm ready to just forget about opiates for a while. It feels absolutely incredible for a few hours, but it also makes me a really irritable and angry person for some reason. Not worth it in the long run. Thanks for the advice.

Don't buy immodium; generic loperamide are roughly 10% of the price.

As for myself poppy seed was far too hit and miss; all it takes is for some well meaning ingredient supplier to wash your seed and you've just wasted money. Do you live in a country where it's legal to grow opium poppy? If so, poppies are a popular plant for gardeners; you could simply harvest whichever plants you find under the cover of night. This is how I do it in the UK, and I always look forward to "opium season".

Of course, you need stuff to help you combat opiate withdrawals, and there are options available to you. Kratom could be great, loperamide, kava and also RC benzos such as etizolam, pyrazolam, etc (these are addictive, don't use them for more than six days, and be careful to take less each day; 20% less per day is a good rule of thumb.) If these are illegal where you are, I've heard phenibut is useful for opiate detox. It's important you cycle your use carefully though, as it's tolerance buildup is rapid.

What have you heard about phenibut and opiate withdrawals? Someone asked me about this recently, but I imagine it could make one more nauseous? I stick to phenibut once every 7 days and have never built up a tolerance or had a difficult time skipping a week or two. Love that stuff.

Do you really find kava kava has a noticeable impact on someone in acute withdrawal? Just curious. I haven't tried it myself, but in my experience, herbs that I tend to like are generally worthless in a state of acute opiate withdrawal.

When it comes to benzos, I think diazepam is my preferred choice for opiate withdrawal. Loperamide is a godsend. I think kratom is specifically useful for getting off long acting opiates like methadone or suboxone. I think it can be beneficial for tapering off short acting opiates. But at the end of the day, it still has an opiate action to it. Lots of people can't get off kratom, so it needs to be used wisely.

You're almost 100% sure to get back to the point of withdrawals again if you start using it again... it's so much easier to get there once you've been there and it gets worse every time. In my opinion it is indeed wishful thinking that you could manage to maintain a non-destructive habit... also classic opiate addict thought patterns. The thought that I could successfully do it "next time" is what led me to 10 years of increasingly horrific opiate addiction, specifically poppy seed tea for the later years of it. I'd get clean briefly, get through withdrawals, and then decide I could control myself, and enter longer and longer periods of darkness... it got way harder every time. The only way I could stop the cycle was to eventually decide to never touch another opiate again as long as I live, and I was only able to do that with the help of an ibogaine flood dose. It started so innocently for me... as it does for everyone.

Hell, maybe you can do it, but statistically the odds are against you. Be careful, the cycle of opiate addiction is fucked up and incredibly life-destroying. I'd strongly consider getting out while you still can. Periods of transient pleasure are in no way worth the depths of the lows that will probably follow.

Agreed. People who use opiates get addicted, whether you have an "addictive personality", or not. Statistically, the odds are greatly against you.

Ibogaine was my final way out of the cycle of opiate addiction, as well. I never had a problem kicking opiates, it was the depression that followed that always ran me back to them a few months down the road. Ibogaine completely sorted that out for me in a period of a few days.

Yeah me too, I came out of it and I've never had another craving again (it's been over 7 months). I didn't experience PAWS either. I had been addicted for 10 years and it had gotten to the point where I wanted to die and I truly believed I'd never be able to get off opiates.

I know a FEW (not many) people who use opiates every so often with no trouble and no addiction. None of these are people I know in real life either, they're people I've talked to on here. I really don't think opiates are worth getting into at all. They can be a boon for people who have something happen and experience legitimate severe pain, to help them through that period, but even then they cause physical addiction. For myself, if I ever need pain killers because of surgery or an accident or something I am going to refuse opiates because every time I have ever quit and done them again even once I end up back where I left off in my addiction. And I'd rather experience debilitating physical pain for a while than the intense psychological/emotional pain of being addicted to opiates.