• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Poppy Seed Opium - Inexperienced - 'Home Made Opium'

Once after brewing roughly 200 grams of seeds I unintentionally left a small amount of liquid in the bottom of my glass.

The next day the water had evaporated and a small amount of a brown powdery substance was left at the bottom. I mixed it with some juice and drank it; but next time I'll try to "chase it" on foil a la heroin to see if it has any effect....

I don't think an alcoholic based extraction is really neccessary unless you CANT wait for whatever reason...

This is a bad idea. While not all current drug legislation may help the public good, I believe that regulating opiates is more than justified. For extreme physical pain only!

Ok, (somebody I know) tried your recipe... But they scaled it down to half the size. They used 7 oz of poppy seeds and 200ml (a half-pint) of Everclear (190 proof, so 95% alcohol and 5% water). Mix for 10 min, soak for 20 to 30 min, strain using coffee filter and let mixture evaporate. They did use a light heat source to aid in evaporation, but do not heat to above 160F as this breaks down the opiate alkaloids.

The Results: Ended up with a small amount of brownish residue on the bottom of the pyrex dish. When scraped it was light and powdery. (I have a couple pictures I'll try to post)

The Effects: If smoked, the poppy seed resin does produce a very-light opiate type buzz, and rather quick dilation of the pupils (making them much smaller). It tastes rather "grassy" and is a little harsh. But all in all it's not so bad. The effects do not last very long, perhaps 15 to 20 mins. Two different people consumed the resin and neither one felt sick afterwards.

The seeds used in this experiment where dried, store bought seeds. Using fresher seeds, like Organic Whole Seed might produce a more potent product.

So, this method DOES WORK! Although the product is very week

im surprised that everyone who tried smoking the puddy poppy seed stuff didnt try using the tin foil method, vaporizing it. it was always my understanding that putting a flame directly onto opiates burns them making them useless, and that's why the method of smoking tar heroin is with tin foil and a tooter. it seems like the method with this poppy seed puddy would be the same...
This is the first thing I did with the stuff, then I made 10x the batches, reduced and combined.
This is a bad idea. While not all current drug legislation may help the public good, I believe that regulating opiates is more than justified. For extreme physical pain only!

I agree Mr. Huxley. Leave good shit up to the pros.

Hey there this is my first post and I thought I'd like to share with everyone reading this this simply, easy, AND effective method to make homemade opium powder from poppyseeds . I was bored and decided to experiment yesterday and this is what I concluded:
First off, I only had about 200 grams of seeds laying around my house, in a plastic in marked bag like those of which you buy at health food stores and such. I also had some Durkee? I believe was the brand I had bought awhile ago from the supermarket. The seeds were blue, black, with bits of brown. I thought the brown was a good indicater that these seeds were not thouroughly washed ;).

Materials needed:
-Water bottle, or any contained with lid
-Poppy seeds
-Iso alcohol, mine was 70% so it took a little longer to evaporate as it had 30% water but no biggy. (99% would be awesome but I didn't have any)

I took all of the seeds and poured them into a water bottle. Then I proceeded to just cover the seeds with the alcohol. Not too much but not too little. Slush around the mixture for about 20 minutes in a swirling motion then let it sit for another 20 minutes. After this, you will see the alcohol has turned a brownish off brown color at the top. This is where the magic happens. Unscrew the lid JUST so that the liquid drains leaving the seeds within the bottle. Pour Into the container of your choice and let it evaporate. Or if you're impatient like me, hold it over a lamp with a decent sized lightbulb (yes this sounds stupid and you could probably use alow temp oven but i did this and it worked awesome) for as long as needed making sure it isn't too close. You will gradually start to see a brown clump or clumps forming at the bottom of the container, I used a plastic cup. (Be careful with using plastic !!) An if you look closely there will be tiny specs floating in the top gradually goingto the bbottom. Once all of the liquid is evaporated or if youre like me, take a needless syringe and CAREFULLY skim the excess liquid from the top if the brown substance has mostly settled at the bottom leaving a little liquid behind. Or you can skip the skimming step. Pour the remaining liquid and brown mix through a coffee filter and let the left over alcohol evaporate and there will be brown stuff left on top of the filter. Scrape this brown stuff off with something sharp very carefully and enjoy! I snorted a little and also slathered it on the sides of my cigarette. I felt very good and I am semi opiate tolerant, taking oxycodone once a week or So at 20-30mg doses. What my finished product did was make me feel like I took a 10mg percocet essencially. Warm and fuzzy and definite euphoria ;) will definitely try again tonight!!!!!

Ok, (somebody I know) tried your recipe..

The Effects: If smoked, the poppy seed resin does produce a very-light opiate type buzz, and rather quick dilation of the pupils (making them much smaller). It tastes rather "grassy" and is a little harsh. But all in all it's not so bad. The effects do not last very long, perhaps 15 to 20 mins. Two different people consumed the resin and neither one felt sick afterwards.
First off when the pupils get smaller its called constriction, dilation is when they get larger. Secondly, the grassy taste and harshness indicate impurities in the final product, such as chlorophyll and other plant particulates. This means that although the extraction seems successful, it is honestly a pretty sorry form of opium leftover at the end of it all, prolly the worst kind that is possible to make. But have fun with it!

yeah i'd say your method needs some improvement if that's your end result. maybe it's like cannabis and you must only do a quick wash with iso to get the good stuff and not the bad. ISO isn't even needed, morphine and friends are soluble in water, just make a water solution and evap using the stove, it won't break down unless you boil it. This is much safer and will give you a better product. Now take that and do a qwiso on the puddy left over and you may have something worthwhile without getting into synthesis discussion.

Yea the hot water-boil down method I have heard is the traditional method of opium extraction, and yeilds a nice sticky opium tar with little ( but still some) plant matter in it. I wouldn't think this is really getting into synth is it? its just like purification of cocaine ala Le Junk, but with a different substance.... I hope?

yeah basically but when you have a substance that is refined it's only a few steps away from being something entirely more strong and potent.

Yes but the layman thankfully does not know how to acetlylate much of anything... so I think we are good as long as specifics arent spoken of.

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your info on the poppy seed tea!!! 12 yrs ago I was hit by a drunk driver at 110 m.p.h., Not to mention it happened the night I had my graduation for surgical technician and had an amazing job offer in Neuro surgery! Anyway, I had a burst fracture to L1 and it crushed 75% of my spinal cord, needless to say I was never supposed to walk again. As a side note my 3 yr old son was also thrown from the vehicle and flew 75 ft further than the car and was in a coma for a week with a TBI to his right frontal lobe. My 5 yr old was also in the car and remained in his car seat and was completely uninjured! But now 12 yrs later I am still battling tons of pain, 6 levels are fused, severe nerve damage to my legs(nerve pain is truly unbearable)! I have been on all kinds of different meds over the years and actually had faced death for the past 4 yrs because they had me on methadone and I was allergic to it causing non-stop vomiting and I could not eat, it ate my body away and had started to cause heart complications from my body slowly starving you death while Dr's could not figure out what was wrong! I have been healthy and happy for a yr now but I still have issues with my pain but fear some of the meds after what I went through for 4 yrs from the methadone so I have been trying to make 4-15mg oxycodone a day work for my pain but after all the drugs I have been on the past 12 yrs they just have not been cutting it! So the past yr while healthy and not facing death I struggle every month making my scripts last. I have even done brown a few times when I would run out to avoid withdrawals. Is was sick of the struggle, the game of managing pain, and now even driving to Wa 12 hrs away from where I just moved to on the months I would run out. This month I was facing the sane issues and not wanting to drive that far or do brown any more. I started to research other options and everything seemed way to complicated for me...until I came across your post!!! You truly saved me and I can't thank you enough for your info and easy details!! At first I wasn't sure if it was going to help... BUT IT DID!!! I am beyond grateful for ask your info and advice! Thank you so much... It truly does work and very well!!!

Wow, that's a horrific thing for you to go through, especially since your child was also injured... I'm sorry you had to go through that. <3 Yeah, poppy seed tea works very well, it was my favorite opiate of everything I'd ever tried when I was on opiates (though I was just doing it for recreation/hiding from problems, so it was a bad thing for me). It lasts a whole day and is a very strong painkiller.