• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy seed extraction

bagelmaker

Greenlighter
Hey guys new to the forum.

So I’ve been dabbling in making poppy seed tea by the basic method of putting in a bottle with cold water and shaking and then straining. I owe a bagel store so I can get large quantity of poppy seeds. When I drink the tea, I definitely feel something within minutes but it’s way more of a stimulant feeling. I’ve read that’s probably from the thebaine. Is there any way of removing just the thebaine from the wash? I’ve read about pH of water could help but would that be effective?

I’ve also try 99% iso alcohol instead of water and introduced heat to the in a Pyrex dish to let it evaporate and didn’t get any goo people are saying they got. I got more of a brownish powered on the sides and bottom. I scraped it with a blade and it looks like H but I know it’s not. Am I not doing something right? Or do I have crap seeds? To me they look like good seeds they have little plant materials in the mix like they are unwashed or unprocessed but could be wrong.

So my real question is - how do I not get that stimulant feeling from drinking the tea. If possible lol

You're gonna need a pharmaceutical lab in order to remove all the thebaine from the other alkaloids. That said you can purify the opium with a base such as CaOH or NaOH. Takes some skill but without actually getting looked at for manufacturing heroin (buying a whole lab) it's best you'll get.