• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Poppy pods vs poppy seeds

jones-in_J

Bluelighter
I personally have never made poppy pod or seed tea so I know next to nothing about it

But if you get quality unwashed seeds are they comparabley good to the pod tea?

If someone could shed some light on the subject id appreciate it, thanks guys!

People generally prefer pods, but I think they are overpriced for the effect you get.

Pods are grossly overpriced; those vendors are exploiting people who want to get high, but that's life. There's no real contest between pods and seeds. If you've got mature pods of the right strain, you're guaranteed a decent slug of opium. With seeds, there's no such guarantee; if you're lucky, they'll be unwashed, and you'll get some trace amounts of opium on them, but usually of a negligible amount. Shit, you may not even be getting papaver somniferum seeds.

Sounds like its not even worth it to me especially with the added fact you have to get them online, ill stick with old fashioned pharms, kratom and heroin

I mean I get the kratom online too but sounds not worth it going thru a bunch of vendors n wasting $ b4 finding a new one

I find Kratom to be far inferior to poppy seed or pod tea. Kratom sucks for redosing, is tough to find the right dose and the duration is too short.

I think pod tea has a much cleaner high to it than seeds tea. Of course the price difference is drastic. A supply of bulk seeds could last you weeks for the same amount you pay for a few doses of pods, depending upon tolerance and potency of the pods. IME, both are a crapshoot when it comes to morphine content.

I've brought pods in the past on a few occasions; the giganteum strain, and the effects were pretty reliable. They were fairly priced back then-now, the prices are just crazy. Luckily, opium poppies are a popular decorative plant where I live, so I just go out at the right time of year and "harvest" my neighbourhood. I still do this even though I'm on subs, its just something I do every year. Buying the seeds isn't something I'd even consider; there's too much blind luck involved.

Actually pretty fail-safe to find (opium) poppy seeds, just about anywhere. The hard part is getting the seedlings past the free standing stage...even in full sun you need the right climate/know how of what to till into the soil.

Yeah, up until 5 years ago 10-12 Turkish were less than a sawbuck @ the market...
Pretty reasonable for two days of 18 hour pain control

Oh yeah, it's very easy to find the seeds. I had excellent results with growing giganteums one year; they're very hardy plants-you just need to plant enough seeds to make it worthwhile. They will grow in pretty much any soil, but they seem to thrive in a slightly acidic medium. They'd also be hard to grow using hydroponics, as their roots are so damn deep; they really need a lot of room.

If it's legal to grow them in your country, doing so is so much more cost-efficient than buying pods. As I said though, you really would need to grow a lot of pods. (Partially the reason I went with giganteums).

Is it worth it at all using seeds?

In short, no. I typically have a hard time finding any decent opiates in my area, and I was desperate and foolish enough to try this not once but multiple times. I gave up. I think big brother caught on forces all them to be at least washed once now. I'm not sure, but no. It's not worth using seeds at all. Especially since you need a shit ton of them and that can add up fast (moneywise).

Yeah, it's a way for desperate people with no connections whatsoever to get an opiate imo. I should know; at around 15 I tried using the seed, with no luck whatsoever. If you use the pods and they're guaranteed papaver somniferum, you know for a fact you're getting opium. They are very overpriced though, so that's a consideration.

Thanks for the info guys! Yeah id like to grow them but no place to really do so that I know of and im not trying to set some shit up in a place that I dont know and risk the property owner spotting me

real poppy pods are WAAAY better then seeds. and IMO, better then any street heroin or pharmaceutical opiates. obviously you cannot inject them but a well brewed poppy tea will have you nodding for 8 hours and still feeling stoned 24hrs later. they are fucking GREAT. they are however, quite expensive to maintain a habit with, comparable to a $100/day heroin habit once your tolerance skyrockets (which it does VERY quickly). but overall, a high that is way better then other opiates. i think itsbecause you get the full spectrum of opium alkaloids as opposed to isolated opiates.

If you're just wondering which of the two makes a more potent tea, a quick search would've given you ten thousand confirmations that pods contain much higher alkaloid concentrations than seeds do.

A wash using pounds and pounds of seeds will produce a "tea" (if you want to call it that) that will contain the four alkaloids, but in highly unpredictable concentrations. Theoretically, if you used a shitload- probably 20lbs or more- you could produce something comparable to a strong pod tea or decent pharmaceutical dose of an opiate, but this would be a lot of work. Pods however can contain a massive amount of anhydrous morphine, as well as a significant amount of codeine, and compared to seeds generally contain much less of the other two pharmacologically relevant opioid alkaloids papaverine and thebaine, the latter of which can induce some pretty serious adverse effects.

im blown away by using poppy seeds......i dont think this blissful experience can get any better by using the pods ?

this shit is more potent then any pharm tablet ive ever tried and the smooth sedation is a linear , relaxing and continual process that i feel like im melting into my bed

Hey: jones-in_J

Mother nature a mad scientist, when using pods/seeds practice stealth and discretion, strength and potency varies with pods so watch your dosage carefully; If you gonna mess with junk in all its varied forms be prepared to study basic pharmacology so you can appreciate the experience even more. And coming off these substances is a bitch if you've been ingesting them daily one year or more, pod-withdraw sucks.