• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy pod tea - very weak effects using large amounts. Please help.

nosdomus

Greenlighter
This is my second time ever ordering pods, and they've disappointed me yet again. They are definitely somniferum. These pods in particular are the giganteum variety, as were my last batch. I'm wondering if maybe, for instance, 20 small pods, despite say 5 large pods weighing the same, may be better than those 5 pods? Or maybe my preparation is all wrong. I have been bringing my powdered pods to a simmer, but have just read that the water should not exceed 70°C. I have definitely been going over that temp so am hoping that is the case. Any input on this would be great. How do you prep pod tea? Which temps? What is going on here? Thank you.

Update: so about an hour ago I dosed a colder brew, ensuring not to simmer. I am starting to itch and definitely feel it this time. Will leave this up for others to learn from, and other's input will still be good

Not sure what happened here but poppy alkaloids are pretty tolerant of high temperatures. I made steam extractactions from dried poppy pod powder using a stove top espresso maket and it was strong as hell.

Yeh, I've always brought them to the boil then simmered for 20 - 30 minutes without any issues. Perhaps your pods are just low in alkaloids. Many of the ornamental strains have been bred for their looks rather than their opium content so finding a source of decent pods can take a while.

Yeh, I've always brought them to the boil then simmered for 20 - 30 minutes without any issues. Perhaps your pods are just low in alkaloids. Many of the ornamental strains have been bred for their looks rather than their opium content so finding a source of decent pods can take a while.
Ah, thought that was the case. I literally used about 100 grams of pods the other day though. Does that sound right at all?