• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Poppy Pod Tea and rapid heart rate?

Sk1500

Bluelighter
Hi,

Does anyone else have fast resting heart rate on Poppy Pods?

Im feeling fine, quite noddy and chilled actually but I've been keeping an eye on my heart rate and blood oxygen saturation levels. I've got an app on my phone so I can keep an eye on it, I forgot I had this and thought I'd test it through the night.

I generally (before starting Morphine and Pods) had a low heart rate and blood pressure around 45-55bpm resting and BP slightly lower than normal.

2 nights ago I left it on overnight and was pretty shocked to see that over the 2¾hours whilst sleeping it had been recording my average pulse was 94, avg SPO2 was 92% and dropped to 83%. When I woke up in the night my breathing was fine.

Last night I did again and was bit better.

Today I've had quite a lot of Podspresso (pod powder using stovetop espresso maker) about 140g. As well as 120mg Oramorph (slightly less than normal) and 45mg Diazepam (I range between 15-70 normally).

I was nodding and feeling nice, which feels like a treat rather than a definite and I had 90g of the tea about 4-5 hours ago, don't think it's thebaine related as I suffer from anxiety very easily and I'm chilled out.

I've got 10mg Propranolol which I rarely take due to generally low resting BP and pulse. Took 3 of those an hour ago and pulse now 85 and SPO2 an impressive 98%.

Is it normal for poppies (or opiates in general) to increase pulse whilst feeling relaxed?

Thanks 👍

Last edited:
Careful with those drug combos, taking 3 potent CNS depressants even with a tolerance carries a real risk of OD

I never had pod tea but when I made seed tea a couple times I had a scary incident where I was uncontrollably nodding but my heart rate was somewhat fast and erratic. I think it might be due to the high amounts of thebaine in poppies. Thebaine is up there as one of the most prevalent alkaloids in the poppy along with codeine and morphine. Thebaine has stimulating effects but I don't know if it's a CNS stimulant, so be very carefully trying to tame your heart rate down with more downers, you may end up over compensating and ODing

Many thanks. I think I'll need to start cutting back on pods and stopping soon, I've still got about 8kg (18lbs), so should be able to manage it pretty smoothly.

Thank you