• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Poppy pod/seed tea vs heroin

Pod tea or heroin

• Heroin

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Pod tea

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Heroin, your a moron for even asking

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Not a good idea. Pods are mostly morphine which is a full agonist comparable to heroin. You're just substituting, and pods have a much more drawn out withdrawal.
Yea I know I’m essentially switching addictions, but I’m more functional of pods, or atleast I think I am, and theyr lighter on the wallet then a H habit, I do have chronic pain that I guess I’m just not ready to deal with without an opiate, but pods definitely feel like the lesser of the two evils, right now it works to keep me. “Clean”” so I’ll just run with it till I’m ready to stop the pods

Im all for a more sustainable substitute if you don't want to get off. I was replying to someone who asked if they'd be good to come off of H, I assumed they meant like trying to use it to get through H withdrawals and then stop opiates,

Im all for a more sustainable substitute if you don't want to get off. I was replying to someone who asked if they'd be good to come off of H, I assumed they meant like trying to use it to get through H withdrawals and then stop opiates,
Oh yea I don’t know about that, I think subs are great for the wd off opiates, I’ll use them for a couple days everytime, if your goal is to get off all opiates I think a sub to kratom rapid detox over a week / week and a half would be ideal as I didn’t experience any cross tolerance when I did it and had a couple days without taking anything and feeling pretty good before ultimately picking back up the kratom. But for maintenance I think pods could be in the same conversation as subs and methadone

For some reason subs always made me feel ok but the desire to get high was always there and I would relaps every time on subs the second I got a chance, but the pods keep me content(so far) but I say whatever works for you, just about anything is better then a heroin habit I think

Pods are nature's methadone. But like methadone the withdrawal is very severe and very long lasting. But methadone is easier to taper down. I find methadone more recreational than pods or seed tea. Pods are quite a bit more recreational than seed however, at least how i used to make it. I used to double steam extract the pod grounds with an espresso maker, it was 🤌🏻🤌🏻 very hard hitting. Long lasting though not as long as seed tea.

I also prefer poppy tea (oral opium). Lasts much longer and is so comforting and warm. I don't IV so I'm sure IV heroin blows it away, but since I won't go there... poppy tea.

But I like methadone better. It's my favorite opioid of all I've tried. Similar to poppy tea but even longer lasting and heavier/warmer/more comfortable.
Wow! Even heavier/warmer/more comfortable than Poppy Pod Tea...

I need to stay well clear of Methadone then.

Because I went through a phase when I was practically in love with Poppy Pod Tea. It sort of just made me feel perfect, it took me back to a time where I felt comfortable in my own skin.. I could be around people and not feel anxious, I didn't feel depressed, I slept well, I woke up each morning looking forward to the day ahead. Even my family saw the improvement in me. For a time I'd even have my Mum help with me making the brew (and my Mum is completely anti drug)

Then I built up a tolerance and stopped using it cold turkey.. and oh my days - that was a nasty, prolonged withdrawal.

Pods are nature's methadone. But like methadone the withdrawal is very severe and very long lasting. But methadone is easier to taper down. I find methadone more recreational than pods or seed tea. Pods are quite a bit more recreational than seed however, at least how i used to make it. I used to double steam extract the pod grounds with an espresso maker, it was 🤌🏻🤌🏻 very hard hitting. Long lasting though not as long as seed tea.
I’m gonna give this a try , I have a espresso machine, I’m guessing you powdered your pods then just made espresso out of them right ?

I’m gonna give this a try , I have a espresso machine I’m guessing you powdered your pods then just made espresso out of them right ?

I’m gonna give this a try , I have a espresso machine, I’m guessing you powdered your pods then just made espresso out of them right ?

Yes ground them into a powder in a coffee maker. Very fine but not extremely fine. Too fine and dusty and it will clog a bit, but still should be too fine.

Should be done with a stove top espresso maker, i would do 2 runs through the grounds and drink it. Very bitter and very strong. Watch it and don't let it burn/overheat. Morphine is pretty hearty and can take more heat than many people think. Becareful, its strong stuff. Had to switch to 1000mg/day of tramadol to get off of that stuff.

Yes ground them into a powder in a coffee maker. Very fine but not extremely fine. Too fine and dusty and it will clog a bit, but still should be too fine.

Should be done with a stove top espresso maker, i would do 2 runs through the grounds and drink it. Very bitter and very strong. Watch it and don't let it burn/overheat. Morphine is pretty hearty and can take more heat than many people think. Becareful, its strong stuff. Had to switch to 1000mg/day of tramadol to get off of that stuff.
I have a mr coffe home barista latte machine, yea I like lattes…but it extracts the coffe at 15bar so I wonder if that will work for the pods too ? I’ll try it later today

Get yourself some white bean coffee if you like lattes. Good shit.

-GC
I’ll give it a try, any brand or specific type ? I usually just go with the cafe bustelo , can get a decent size bag of it at the 99 cent store for 2.49 and it is pretty strong and taste good

I’ll give it a try, any brand or specific type ? I usually just go with the cafe bustelo , can get a decent size bag of it at the 99 cent store for 2.49 and it is pretty strong and taste good

It’s available online, poverty bay is a good brand, but definitely much more expensive than 2.49. Only something to drink once in awhile…

-GC

God damn man, I just ground up 2 pods and put them in the espresso machine and by far the most bitter tea Iv had so far, more bitter then when I’d boil 15 pods and reduce to a cup or so…Just drank it but have high expectations just by the taste, good shit

I have a mr coffe home barista latte machine, yea I like lattes…but it extracts the coffe at 15bar so I wonder if that will work for the pods too ? I’ll try it later today
15 bar is plenty, problem is im not sure how ground it can hold. Do a couple of runs through it.

How do you usually make it?

15 bar is plenty, problem is im not sure how ground it can hold. Do a couple of runs through it.

How do you usually make it?
I would typically just break it down by hand and simmer for a hour or two while mashing it with a potato masher occasionally, and usually do that 2-3 times

I personally kinda prefer pod tea over heroin at this point in my life, I don’t know why but I just like the high better, so I’m just wondering If I’m a oddball or if there are other heroin addicts that actually prefer pod tea over heroin, and if so how many and maybe pod tea could be a good alternative maintanence to suboxone/methadone …
Personally I prefer H most of the time ; principally for the rush which of course the tea doesn't give you. I love that initial impact.

.. That said, I would also say that opium gives a more sustained high. More subtle and more lasting. (Note I deliberately DIDN'T say, 'more subtle BUT more lasting'. When I say subtle that's not a euphemism for 'weaker and therefore crap'.
I mean it has a different quality.
Elsewhere on here I've compared it in alcohol terms : heroin = knocking back a double shot of neat rum. Opium = savouring a fine vintage wine.)

I would definitely say poppy tea could make for a better alternative to commonly used substitution drugs. I would find it more emotionally satisfying and less physically punishing on eventual withdrawal. (Note I'm ONLY referring to subjective physical discomfort here. While methadone withdrawal is notoriously protracted and difficult, it won't normally endanger your life. Opium withdrawal absolutely can. It's a generally little - known fact and some of you may think I'm being overly dramatic but it is unfortunately true. The complex mixture of chemicals appears to affect the heart specifically BOTH in the event of an opium overdose AND when physically withdrawing, in a way that hasn't as yet been sufficiently investigated.)

That said, my first question to anyone considering substitution is always, WHY even substitute -? Why do you think you NEED a substitute?
... Anytime someone claims they're merely using to maintain and to stave off withdrawal, then withdraws, and THEN goes back on; to me that says in bright neon letters that that person WASN'T IN FACT TRULY READY TO QUIT. If you go back to using after physically withdrawing that means you clearly have reasons for using BESIDES mere maintenance ; or you'd be quit.

My point being when you're truly ready you don't need a crutch.
When I stopped using heroin in an 'addicted' fashion, I did it by taking myself off cold for the last time, the short and brutal route.
I didn't want to tie myself to a substitution drug only to end up in the same bind as before. I mean, if I decided I didn't wanna lean on it to help me function anymore, WHY would I wanna replace it with something else that'd make me ultimately rely on it just as much.

. . That's not to say substitution is always necessarily counter - productive, but the most successful cases I've seen usually switched to a DIFFERENT class of drug altogether. Like one guy I know who was just overdosing CONSTANTLY from reckless heroin use; he determined for himself at one point that A. he really loves to get high but B. he's no longer willing to risk overdosing on a daily basis.
He always liked weed so now he does a ton of weed. It works for him. I know all stripes of 'counselors' would consider the guy a 'failure' for still doing ANY substance at all ; but hey he's happy and he's healthy and he's most importantly upright and breathing

Last edited:
Ihve been doing both for 15 years heroin easy winner. but that long pod tea buzz stimulating let me carry on working

I think it’s safe to say the espresso machine is so far the best way to extract the pods, I found a old espresso grinder that grinds the pods into almost a powder and run it through two double shot cycles, gonna try just eating 5 grams of the fine powder and see how that works tomorrow but I like the espresso machine cause I can just add it into my morning coffee through the same machine real easily

I just received what is about a teaspoon’s worth of poppy seeds. Some look black, just like you’d see on a bagel or muffin, the rest are tannish grey.

Can these offer me any joy? Or are they best planted 🌿?

One teaspoon will do absolutely nothing for a high, you need WAY more than that of seeds. Like hundreds of grams. A teaspoon is a few grams at most. Best planted for sure, or used for food purposes.