View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Popcorn ceiling

Arachnophobia

Greenlighter
So about a month ago I tried acid for the first time. I had an awesome time staring at my ceiling (it's coved in stucco). But now everytime I look at my ceiling it's moving again like a month ago. Is this normal? I'm not worried or anything, would just like to know.

Very normal. I call that style of ceiling 'popcorn' too hahahah. Only people who trip drugs would bother having names for ceiling plaster styles 8)

Ever since my first trip in 1978 I can see patterns on white walls and other things. Cannabis really brings this out. But I love it. To me it is the same as first looking at the stars and seeing random stars. But once one sees the constellations they can't go back to just seeing random stars anymore. They see the patterns.

I actually get this almost constantly (never having done LSD), due to a weird combination of long-lasting afterimage and vision snow that I have. So I kind of know what you mean, though it wasn't caused by something for me. Honestly, I somewhat enjoy it. When I'm bored, sometimes I'll just kind of phase out and watch all the patterns and stuff.

Yup. I have no lasting visuals whatsoever unless I stare at that kind of ceiling or a similar texture, and then it starts flowing, spiraling, bursting with color, patterns, depth, what have you. It made me a little nervous at first back when it began happening, but not after I realized that there are no other symptoms accompanying it.

I spent almost an entire trip staring at a popcorn ceiling one time. It was like a crawling, warbling pile of beautiful colored jewels. That was seven years ago, and they still warble a bit when I look at them.

psychonaut!

Big ups to you Arci and,..ugh, plenty of 'collective' sighs from me! I'm NOT allowed to take LSD.

You are going insane.

Welcome to the club ;)

But no seriously, as others stated - perfectly normal. These kinds of 'hallucinations/distortions' likely happen all the time, even to people who've not tripped before. It's just once you've taken a hallucinogen, you notice it much more. It's good you're not concerned though; even if it were more severe to the point you'd label it HPPD, stressing over it is the last thing you want to do for 'recovery'. But that isn't your concern :)

Also welcome to Bluelight/PD :)

I have something similar going on with lights. The first time I tripped on shrooms I watched the time on my digital alarm clock dance around and I could see exactly where the light emitting from it met the darkness of my room. It had sort of a rainbow appearance at the very very edges. When I focus on low light I can see that weird rainbow effect on a lot of things now.

(Unless it was always there and I didn't notice.)

i have never taken lsd, but have taken shrooms multiple times. sometimes when i'm staring at a long wall of text the lines start to sway and ripple a little bit. also, trees. i don't look at trees the same way. i can't explain it but they just seem a lot more awesome to me now

I have a ceiling like that... it rocks... it is a world of its own when you get caught up in it...