Bugs Pop up asking for my login info that looked different

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Kinda sketched out a pop up came up when I first entered that looked different than normal and said my info would be “securely sent.” Then realized I was already on the site. Once I refresh it popped back up again but I just canceled.

Wtf… Is this a bug or should I be changing passwords here?

-GC

Got the same message on both Iphone and Firefox. I did provide my password. If my account becomes compromised please let me know. You have my contact info.

9INHeQu.png

Seems to keep popping up, I changed a bunch anyways cuz now I’m geekin. Doesn’t seem attached to this site.

@acklac7 Mine looked different but I’m on a different platform too.

-GC

Yeah, I got some issues going on.

That prompt is meant to be for our testing site I'm trying to get set up for the staff. It is NOT meant for this live site, and it is NOT asking for YOUR account info.

Just 'CANCEL' and you should be in fine.

May take a day or so to get sorted, please bear with us.

No worries just wanted to make sure it wasn’t some third party BS, thanks for easing my mind :)

-GC

I had this too. Was super paranoid for about a week (peaking out the curtains and shit) until I worked out what it was.

Bump as a point of explanation for the recent weirdness. We've been keeping that fugly orangish banner up warning you of site downtime, and, well...it happened. However, it should not have started prompting for login information (anything you enter will not work in that particular situation). Just wanted everyone to know we're ok.

There may be a bit more up and down with the site over the next few days. If you see that prompt again, put your mobile device down and find something constructive to do with your time. <3

While we're at it, the 'few upgrades over the coming days' orange banner thing has been up since I joined Bluelight a year ago. You've got an odd conception of the period of time that 'days' consist of. Maybe you admins are overdoing the psychedelics.

So if we put our information in that thing we are ok right?
technologically I am challenged and also paranoid

As NR said, any inputs to that went nowhere. It was a user/pwd to access the site and would only accept what it was looking for, not anything else so any input was ignored. That screen is actually for a test copy of the site for us to try things out, and we need to ensure the public, and web crawling search engines, aren't accessing it - only necessary staff. We accidently turned it on for the live site, but addressed it as soon as we saw the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.