• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Poor Metabolizer. Codeine.and Dxm question

OpenGtuning

Bluelighter
I am cyp2d6 deficient. I don't have any effect from Codeine apart from some itching.

So I thought I would be sensitive to Dxm. After trying a therapeutic dose and building it up over a few weeks to a dose of 150mg it would seem I get a normal-ish response.
No euphoria (probably a bit dysphoric but this may be because I was worried of a lengthy trip), just a slightly stoned and slightly drunk feeling with effects diminishing to nothing over 6 hrs.
Just wondering why this would be because going by all accounts being a PM I should be feeling it more.

Just another point of interest. In the past I was taking benzos and I was given some codeine from a friend for back ache. I took 120mg codeine over 2 - 3hrs
Can't remember how much benzos but no more than I usually took. The codeine I assume somehow reacted with the benzos and I had memory loss for a good couple of hours. Anyone any idea how this happened as I am a poor Metabolizer?

Can't remember how much benzos but no more than I usually took. The codeine I assume somehow reacted with the benzos and I had memory loss for a good couple of hours. Anyone any idea how this happened as I am a poor Metabolizer?

combining two downers will create a synergy, which tends to exacerbate the sedation experienced (sometimes leading to serious CNS depression) whilst, at least in my opinion/experience, diminishing the euphoric effects.

Are you really sure that you're a poor metabilizer ?
How many times did you try the codeine and at what dosages ?

I'm a poor metabolizer and a therapeutic dose of DXM made me trip for a few hours

Just chiming in. I am a poor metabolizer also. I just based this off of my own experience with certain drugs, Codeine included. For reference, I would probably take about a gram of Codeine to induce perceptible effects. In the event I do experience the desired effects, it's usually overpowered by severe pruritus and nausea.

Dextromethorphan is also a no go for me. It causes pretty severe dysphoria for me, even at relatively low doses. I don't have anything else to add. I just thought you might want to hear from someone who's experienced the same thing.

Are you really sure that you're a poor metabilizer ?
How many times did you try the codeine and at what dosages ?

I'm a poor metabolizer and a therapeutic dose of DXM made me trip for a few hours

I'm sure I'm a PM. I have did a few cwe's up to 360mg and to double check my method I have did a cwe for someone else of 144mg and it had desired effect for then
I have also tried dihydrocodeine and this had no effect either for me.
So anyone any idea why I don't trip like fuck with dxm if I'm a PM or is it just one if those things?

Just chiming in. I am a poor metabolizer also. I just based this off of my own experience with certain drugs, Codeine included. For reference, I would probably take about a gram of Codeine to induce perceptible effects. In the event I do experience the desired effects, it's usually overpowered by severe pruritus and nausea.

Pruritus.... had to look up what it meant. Sounds bad!