• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Polygala Tenuifolia (Yuan Zhi) use and dosage

Proust22

Greenlighter
Hello,

I am really, really tired and I need help please

Can anyone help me with use and dosage of Polygala Tenuifolia, I got this product of extract powder :
> removed vendor link <

But I don't even have something to weigh such small amounts and I can't get one for now, so I need to use volume, and I think I know the density of the stuff, slightly over 0,5 g/ml

I used a little spoon of 1ml so far and so I took about 0,5g once in a day as indicated on the bottle, but dunno if it's the right dose and maybe it's better to separate the dose on several occasions during the day, 2 or 3, what do you think ? Another problem to take into account is that with even smaller doses than 0,5 g I don't know how I can weigh and dose the stuff, what other tools than the precision scales do you guys use for small weighs ? There's also the problem of losses ...

I'd also like to know if the stuff has stimulating or sedative effects, does it helps sleeping or being more alert ?

How long does its effects last ?

Can I take Phenibut while also taking this ?

I heard you gotta take it sublingual but I am not sure how you gotta do that, I tried once and it didn't go well it has strong bitter taste and it got stuck in my throat when I tried to swallow and felt it burn ... The stuff smells like coffee and even in hot water it dissolves with difficulty, I need to stir a lot with the spoon

I am using this stuff for anxiety mainly, but I am also very interested by its neuroprotective effects which are very needed in my state right now

Thanks for reading me

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't answer any of your questions personally, but I found this page rather informing/interesting.

https://examine.com/supplements/polygala-tenuifolia/

Triple reuptake inhibitor, NMDA antagonist, with some MAO inhibition. The only thing I saw from a skimming about sedation was in extremely high doses(higher than you would ever take). Sounds like it could be a really good antidepressant.

Thank you very much

Unfortunately I am in a state way too bad for me to look onto all the messages and do an extensive research, extreme nervous system fatigue, induced by withdrawal syndrome(s) + very bad conditions

not sure about the recommendations and opinion of the doctors I saw, I wonder if I should submit my case somewhere on the internet and talk about it (if I'm still able to do so), maybe I can get other/better opinions