• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Police Road-side Drug Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooder

Greenlighter
Hi,

It says in Canada, the road-side drug test is 95% effective. It includes walking on a straight line, following with you eyes a pen and standing on one foot and they could take a urine sample. They still can charge you with DUI even though no urine test were used.
I often smoke and a couple of hour after (4-5hrs) sometimes (2-3hrs) I drive back home. Driving back home includes max 1 hr rarely in the night.
I am afraid I could be charged with DUI. I wonder if anybody faced this or have any advice how to pass a police test.

Cheers

Do you personally know anyone in you town/area that you live in who got a DUI for smoking weed? A good way to tell if the fear is irrational is looking how the law is locally enforced. If they are busting people for weed DUI, then chances are they either found weed or paraphinellia like a pipe or roach in the car with them. Weed DUI seems to be the new scare going around in the northwest, but I haven't heard of any cases yet. I know Washington state set up some pretty absurd rules/regulations concerning DUIs and cannabis use when they approved for state wide recreational use. The level set for the threshold is way too low, so low that given cannabis's tendency to linger in the body's fat most anyone who smokes will pop, regardless of current level of intoxication.

Hopefully this isn't the new era of pot dui's, but it could be if some politicians get their way. For some, this is the way to justify recreational weed- WA predicted a pretty hefty sum of money to be generated from the new DUIs alone from what I understand....

If your job is dependent upon it, never drive with anything incriminating if you can help it, try not to drive stoned. If you ever do get pulled over and the car doesn't smell, you are not visibly intoxicated, and you are not being disruptive I think the cop might have a hard time trying to give you a DUI. Unless drug screening becomes a standard part of a traffic stop I wouldn't worry granted you are taking a little caution. I find it pretty obvious when someone is stoned and I'm sure most cops can tell as well with their training. If you're not giving the cop any reason to pull you over to begin with then he really can't stop you because "you looked stoned" or something ridiculous like that.

I've been pulled over a couple of times when I was stoned and given a field sobriety test, probably didn't do all that well on them so I was then given a breathalyzer afterward. Cops seem really frustrated when they seem to think they know you are high but can't find anything to charge you with, maybe now they will just pull out a drug test in these cases. They have a budget to pay after all...

sorry mooder, drug testing questions are not allowed in CD. FWIW there is no roadside test for herb used anywhere in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.