• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police officers in Illinois are allowed to work ‘half-drunk’

Ody

Bluelighter
In their system. In another scary part of the "Blue line" alcoholics who arrive at work in the law enforcement community are allowed to work with residual alcohol in the system after a heavy bender. Here is an examination on alcohol blood levels in law enforcement in rural Illinois courtesy of the daily fail

A shocking new report has uncovered union contracts that allow police officers in Illinois to show up for duty while ‘half-drunk’ or up to one-percent under the state’s legal limit.

Three departments in suburban Illinois permit alcohol limits of up to .05 while two others up to .079 – or one percentage below the state’s definition of being drunk – the report by the Better Government Association found.

http://www.infowars.com/police-officers-in-illinois-are-allowed-to-work-half-drunk/

Cops should not be allowed to unionize, or to organize political lobbies. I would support a constitutional amendment prohibiting these things. It is the cop lobbies that prevent sensible drug policy from taking root, and it is cop unions that allow police to engage in brutality with impunity.

Because cops are nasty evil fucking pigfucks.

{With the exception of some of my cop friends at my gym, who are pretty cool guys}

(I'll give you an actual answer when I sober up CH)

Last edited:

1) Why cops should not be allowed to unionize: Police do a lot of beneficial things, but they also sometimes represent a real menace to a free society. Specifically, they arrest (read: kidnap) innocent people, and they kill extra-judiciously. The human right violations by police are numerous, and detailed in newspapers every day. What isn't numerous are prosecutions of dirty and abusive cops. They are very rare, because there is a deep system of cronyism and incestuousness between prosecutors and police. So then the only protection that citizens have against police excess is termination of employment. But termination of employment becomes laboriously cumbersome because of the very well organized network of labor unions for cops. Therefore, a free society is placed in continual danger because it is very hard to fire a bad cop.

2) Why cop unions should not be allowed to organize political lobbies: I really have to explain this one?