• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police: Man may have killed German exchange student after smoking pot

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
MISSOULA, Mont., May 7 (UPI) -- A Montana man charged with killing a German exchange student who invaded his garage may have lost marijuana in previous burglaries, police in Missoula say.
In a request for a search warrant, investigators said that Markus Kaarma may have smoked marijuana before the shooting. Kaarma has been charged with the deliberate homicide of Diren Dede, 17, who was spending his junior year at Big Sky High School in Missoula.

While Kaarma’s lawyers suggest he was fearful after earlier burglaries in his garage, police said in the search warrant application that his losses included both marijuana and pipes.

Paul Ryan, who is representing Kaarma, said that Dede and another exchange student, a teenager from Ecuador, were “garage hopping.” He said they had heard about the sport from other Big Sky students.

The Ecuadorian student ran away when he heard gunfire but was interviewed by police before he flew home, Ryan said.

Ryan said Kaarma was especially nervous about the burglaries because he and his wife, Janelle Pflager, have a 10-month-old son. The couple set up a motion detector and baby monitor in the garage to alert them to anyone entering it and left the door partly open with a purse inside, investigators said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014...fter-smoking-pot/3181399485802/#ixzz314iU7Evb

Since when is breaking into people houses a sport? That being said I don't think there was any reason to shoot dumb high school kids. I remeber people used to do that back when I was in high school... Dumb choices by kids and a very dumb choice by this dude. What the hell does MJ have to do with this?

He may not have known they were high school kids. He may have be genuinely afraid, and territorial, when someone entered his premises. Given that he had a new child, this could factor in.

This headline is just audience grabbing. "Man murders person after watching 24 the night before...".

I didn't catch the last part. About having the door open partially with a purse inside. This is wrong to do. Wouldn't it be better to post a sign on the garage door, that said the property is under surveillance? And better yet... actually out up a camera? Baiting and then lethally shooting someone is wrong in this case. But, again, I dont really see what marijuana (his being high) has to do with it.

Last edited:
Since when is breaking into people houses a sport? That being said I don't think there was any reason to shoot dumb high school kids. I remeber people used to do that back when I was in high school... Dumb choices by kids and a very dumb choice by this dude. What the hell does MJ have to do with this?

it almost seems like the article is trying to insinuate that the kids were there to steal marijuana plants??:?

But i agree, whatever the case, there was no need to shoot a high school kid for doing this...

So they were purposely loring people in with a purse and an open door? Did they intend to shoot someone?

After reading the extended article someone got premeditated murder for luring people in to his "unoccupied" home and killing the intruders, sounds very relivent to this case.

^ possibly has some argument under a stand your ground or make my day law, but there certainly seem to be aspects that point more towards revenge. Also this story seems pretty fishy.. like the whole damn thing was a set up.. like the guy had it all set up and had a mutual friend bring the boy around so he could be enticed into a murder trap with a designed alibi. I can't imagine that garage hopping is such a problem there that you you just leave a door open and wamo in slinks a person to shoot.

Also I feal that the baby thing is just another, "think about the children" emotional plea.. I would think about the last thing any burglar wants to steal is this crackpots infant. But then again there is that recent rash of homes being broken into while the parents are there and babies stolen, eaten, beat up,temporary tattood with a boy band logo, some even have hidden the child, in a sick game of hide the baby.. hide the baby!! although babies are really valuable to their parents and family they are likely strangly repulsive to other people.

Kaarma was especially nervous about the burglaries because he and his wife, Janelle Pflager, have a 10-month-old son. The couple set up a motion detector and baby monitor in the garage to alert them to anyone entering it and left the door partly open with a purse inside, investigators said.

Every dear season i kill them dear in self defense. I was worried about my hunting partner last year as he was passed out and helpless. i was worried about the dear coming and getting him. So I did the what anyone would do to keep unwanted dear away and protect my friend.. I put a huge pile of dear food in the hunting blind with him and left the door open, you know so he would be safer, and then sure enough that dear came right up and I killed that dangerous son of a bitch in self defense. 8)

Last edited:
Was ok with it so far until...

Baiting people with a purse in a partially open garage? Yeah, I don't think that counts as self-defense dude. Murder 1 more like.