• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Social Police impounded my car

I got my car back after paying $450

They seized an empty bag, crack pipe, pills from the car but have not pressed charges.

I don’t think they will.

I want to sue them for multiple reasons but am afraid they will press charges if I do so so I’m stuck in a hard place

Yes they got the warrant but my lawyer said regardless it was still an illegal search
Yeah this is all sorts of fucky. If they've pulled you over for a failure to signal they can ticket and thats it, unless you're like visibly intoxicated or some other actual probable cause. If they come back at you in court saying "Well we took his car because we thought he was intoxicated and thats why he failed to signal, and then he denied the search" Thats also bullshit. Any decent lawyer would be like "Why was he not breathalized? Why was a blood draw not performed?" You have the right to deny a search, and if you've got a locked container in the vehicle and they search it they'd need a specific warrant for that because im fairly certain a search of the vehicle doesnt include your locked stuff in it. I try to just follow the script. Ask why you why pulled over, give them the id, insurance etc when they ask, and answer no other questions. Get your ticket and if they dont ticket you its "Am i free to go? Am i being arrested? Am i being detained?" No matter what they do thats it. Keeps you from incriminating yourself or letting them incriminate you. But all in all that shit was definite an illegal search so theyll either have to be dumb as hell or ballsy as hell to try to charge you for the shit they found. Any lawyer worth half a shit could get that thrown out.

Super bullshit bro, i bet the failure to signal was manufactured too and you just cant remember whether you signaled or not because its such automatic muscle memory. That was likely their reason you couldnt really fight to try to pull you over coming from the "Suspected drug area" What even constitutes a "Drug area"? Open air dealing? Low income areas? How do you prove its a drug "Area"? Like "School zone" has definable boundaries, but what is it? Is there one person dealing on the street? Is it 3 traps on the same block? And how do you prove thats whats happening in someones own private domecile?

When i was like 16 or so i had walked to the park in town with my girlfriend and her friend after school. While they were fucking about i was laying in the sun with my bookbag as a pillow. At one point they went down the street to go to the store and get drinks and snacks. While they were gone i fell asleep in the warm sun and someone called the cops saying a drunk was passed out in the park. I woke up to getting kicked repeatedly, rolled onto my stomach, a boot pressed onto my neck by one cop, while the other two kicked the shit out of my ribs. After a while they let me up, searched my bookbag, found nothing and when my girlfriend and her friend came back and saw what had happened the cops bailed before they could get names or badges. Broke several ribs, was covered in dark purple bruises and welts, just fucked up. Maybe 5 days later i had to go to the police station to give a statement that one of my buddies was with me later on that day, because he had bought booze for another kid and that kid drank it with a 15 year old girl and she had to get her stomach pumped and ratted. When i went to the station the same cop who took my statement was one of the dirty fascist pigs that beat me. He ripped up the statement paper and told me "Wasn't this the day we found you passed out in the park? You have to be lying to me" and kicked me out.

Hows that phrase go "You can't give these niggas shit". You do and they abuse the shit out of it