Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police find dog high on drugs, arrest owner

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Police find dog high on drugs, arrest owner

160521024026-bubba-meth-dog-exlarge-169.jpg

ORANGE COUNTY, CA (CNN/WCMH) — When police arrested 40-year-old Joshua West back in March, officers noticed that his dog, Bubba, was acting “lethargic.”

CNN reports that West was on parole for drug violations, and when police entered his Orange County hotel room, officers found illegal drugs and used needles.

Bubba was handed over to animal control, and officers were concerned that he may have been exposed to drugs.

A urine sample came back positive for meth and heroin.

Tustin Police Lt. Robert Wright told CNN affiliate KCBS/KCAL “This strikes me as pretty horrible. This is the first time we’ve ever heard of someone reporting that an animal has been under the influence,”

It’s unclear exactly how the drugs got into the dog’s system, but police have asked the district attorney to charge West with animal cruelty in addition to illegal drug possession.

Bubba will be up for adoption as soon as he recovers.

http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/21/police-find-dog-high-on-drugs-owner-arrested/

Poor Bubba. Im not sure how I feel about this. If he gave the little guy drugs, fuck him, he deserves whatever he gets. But if it was accidental, I dont know. I have three pups, and if any of them even accidentally got into anything I had and was injured or worse, I would probably kill myself (actually my wife would murder me first). But this may be just another case of pile everything on the guy arrested for drugs.

Good riddance. It's not that hard to keep your meth and heroin out of reach of your dog. Even if it were accidental, nobody that negligent has any business owning a pet.

I've witnessed this before firsthand when I worked at a vet hospital and a dog found and consumed his owners stash. I can still recall exactly how the cries sounded and how disoriented and wobbly it was. Sad.

My buddies dog got into his grass, but he didn't know. Took him to the vet and then vet came back out of the examining room and handed him a prescription for doritos. Pretty funny of the vet.