• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police Chase Suspects Who Toss Bales of Pot Onto Highway

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
It was a chaotic scene on Interstate 8 near Casa Grande Wednesday morning as police chased a white truck from which, authorities said, two occupants started tossing bales of marijuana.

Much of that evidence was lost, however, as motorists who followed behind the chase stopped to pick up the drugs.

Jim Knupp, a Pinal County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said a deputy was monitoring traffic along the highway near Trekell Road when he spotted a 2006 White Trailblazer traveling at high rate of speed.

"When the deputy caught up with the vehicle, he attempted to perform a traffic stop," he said in a news release. "The vehicle began to accelerate to speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour and the occupants began to throw bales of marijuana out of the vehicle onto the roadway."

Units from MCSO soon joined the pursuit, and deputies finally stopped the vehicle after laying down spike strips in the vehicle's path, which deflated its tires.

The Trailblazer stopped near Val Vista Road, the sheriff's office said. The occupants, who authorities identified as 43-year-old Mario Perez-Paz and 21-year-old Juan Aguilar-Zavala, ran from the vehicle, but officers were able to catch up to them and arrest them.

"During their interviews, the men indicated they were offered $1,000 by a female in Phoenix to drive the Trailblazer to I-8 to pick up unknown packages," Knupp said.

The investigation also led to the discovery of a stash house in Mesa where authorities said they also found 20 illegal immigrants from Guatemala and Mexico, police said.

Knupp said deputies and Arizona Department of Public Safety officers were not able to retrieve the drugs that were thrown from the vehicle "due to traffic conditions." He said it was taken by people in four or five other vehicles that were not involved in the chase or transportation of the drugs.

Perez-Paz and Aguilar-Zavala were booked into the Pinal County Sheriff's Jail on a number of charges ranging from conspiring to transport drugs for sale to unlawful flight from law enforcement.

About 375 pounds of marijuana were collected during the investigation, the sheriff's office said.

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...it-leads-to-discovery-of-drug-stash/24559111/

Video came be seen on the above link.

It's even funnier cause they probably won't be getting caught lol.

I am still laughing at that comment!

The video shows some of the bales bursting and weed going everywhere like a pothead piñata!

Of course you'd pick up a bale and drive away lol epic story and video

If you were a dealer and you lost your stash you would be cheering if you came across this as your boss wouldn't be chopping off your balls then.

I remember seeing a border police show on Discovery that this happened in. Some random dude picked up a bale and got arrested and charged for like 40 pounds.

Grab a bale and bail! If ya get caught say you were collecting evidence incase they missed it.

^That's what the guy tries to say but then the cops are like we'll you didn't call and the station is that way so you're going to be arrested.

"Officer, I swear I needed some to finish up this rope I was working on in order to hang myself the next time I'm thrown in prison in "the land of the free" because of a freakin' plant. Scout's honor!"

Last edited: