• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Pod Tea to help taper?

BadBoy377

Bluelighter
Hi,

Just wondering what people's thoughts would be on using a reasonable dose of pod tea to kick off a morphine, tramadol and codeine taper?

I'm thinking given the wide variety of alkaloids present with different half lives. Would that help smooth the landing a bit?

In a situation where no pod tea has been consumed for weeks only pills. How about one reasonable dose and then nothing the next day. Lope and comfort meds on hand for as required.

Any thoughts?

My first thought is that pod strength or doses vary. Just something I've heard, I have only messed with poppy seed tea which i believe is much weaker than pod tea.

I would taper with the codeine or tramadol you have(fucking hate tram WD) and then go for a lil bit of lope and some comfort meds.

In a pinch I suppose you could dose 2mg of suboxone or subutex for like 3 days tapering as you go..talking real short sub maintenance might do the trick...just dont let the subs trick you bc that's where I'm at..dosing about 2mg or 3mg every morning knowing when I finally jump the sub WD will take ages to get over.

You're probably right, it was just an idea I was exploring. Like I say due to the mix of alkaloids.

Fortunately the tram has been mixed in with the other stuff sporadically so it's more the opiate wd and should avoid the ssri withdrawal from it.

Ever tried Tapentadol? I found it was good at the time but always seemed to make me feel particularly edgy the day after.

Nah I haven't tried it..I probably would if it was in front of me but I hear it's a pretty fucked up insidious drug. I'm all about real roxi 30s and a lil bit of fetty every now and again. If I had a script for hydros and xanax I think life would be A O K but noooo the doctors want me to hit the street and try not to die from fentanyl, bastards.

Insidious is a good word for it. You're not missing much. It has it's charms but I find well dosed tramadol preferable. I was mixing the two for a while which was pretty good if you got the balance right but ultimately unhealthy.

Never been able to lay my hands on oxy here unfortunately. I'd like to try. No thanks to the fetty tho and I don't touch the brown these days.

Yeah, bastards. Don't die, pls.