• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Pod Tea on methadone

TheKidd

Bluelighter
So I just read on here that methadone works by raising your tolerance to opiates to crazy levels, I was lead to believe it’s just that methadone doesn’t allow anything else to attach to your receptors while it’s in your system. I ordered some poppy pods which will be arriving tomorrow and I’m basically just wondering if I skip my dose tomorrow, and if I was to consume some poppy tea would I be wasting my money and the tea? I just dropped to 60 mgs from 70 this week, and have been on methadone for about 6 months for some background; if it even matters.
I’d just hate to drink a shit ton and over do it on thebaine and feel like shit, as well as wasting my money.

From your posts on other threads I see you are having a hard time. You want desperately to find something that can break through the methadone so that you can get high. At least for now anyway. You are very close to relapsing as I'm sure you are aware. From your post the other day the only thing that stopped you from using was you didn't know where to get it. It won't take long to find a dealer as you already said you think you can find one pretty easily.

I know that you want to taper off the 'done and get on subs instead. My thinking ( at least for now ) is that you actually need to INCREASE your "done....just until you stabilize. Your dose is not holding you and your cravings are still strong. For the last 3 days all you have thought about is " what can I take to get high " ? And we both know that if you look hard enough you will get high again if you aren't very careful. If the clinic knew you were struggling so they might be able to help. And you also have to worry about Poppy seed/ Pod products as how are you going to explain the metabolites in your urine at the methadone clinic? They do test you, right?

Breathe !! Stay focused. You are in recovery and this shit is hard man. You simply have to work the program and let it work for you. I want you to be a Bluelight success story. I really do.

Yeah I ordered these the other day when I was actually out looking for a person to cop from, and normally I’d agree about going higher on the methadone, but I’m paying $600 a month, and some things have come up, and I just simply won’t be able to afford that much longer. My doctor wanted me to actually do a slower taper of 5mg every week but I chose to go down 10mgs every 5 days, because pretty soon it’s going to come down to me not being able to pay either my rent, or car payment, or pay my clinic fees. Which is a big part of where a lot of my stress is coming from as well. I totally agree with you, but it’s just not possible unless I find another job in the next month or so that will pay me at least an extra $50-$100 a week. I’m stuck working so much overtime each week to pay for all my bills, and clinic fees that it’s draining me mentally quickly.

Don't mix opioids you don't know by heart, I nearly died off Kratom(!) + something sold as heroin which alone didn't do much, might have been a fentalogue but it was long before that epidemia. Remember, kratom alone can't even suppress respiration let alone kill you but this combo did. Poppy pods contain a shitload of alkaloids besides morphine and I don't consider morphine + methadone safe. Listen to @Pumpkin2021 and get more methadone.

Don't worry the addiction to methadone, there is stuff to break it when time is ready. Dissociatives, Pregabalin etc. I was on methadone 60mg/d for months and morphine 600mg/d for more than a year and didn't have a real withdrawal yet. Always managed my way round it. What matters is that you feel ok right now and don't kill yourself.