PLUR: Please Let Us Rave! -- Fear and Loathing @ I Have a Nightmare 2000

tigger

Bluelighter
Ok... here is another one of those shocking posts where tigger, the shiny happy person, goes off the deep end...
frown.gif

A bunch of us went over to Dream 2000 in Queens on Sunday, and I have to say it was the single worst party I have ever been to... The security sucked, the crowd sucked (ne1 got a thing for gold chains and leather jackets?), for the first two hours there was no vibe and after that there was just a bad vibe. I saw this cute candykid get the ever-loving shit beaten out of him by THREE security guards... That in particular made me really sad...
frown.gif
Every time we tried to do a circle, people would see the open space and figure that it was a good place to walk... We kept getting pushed out of the way by everybody... It just sucked... None of us felt safe, and as a result we left at 11:30pm... I just couldn't wait to get home...
I gotta send some mad props to all the ravers who were there that night, trying to keep the vibe going... I *DID* meet some really kewl people.
To Rena, Climber, Colleen, Nikki, and K, I'm sorry I took you guys over there... We'll find a super phat party for Feb. 4th or 5th... We gotsta hook that up!
smile.gif
I love you guys!!! (See, here I am all cheerful again... Hee Hee!!!
wink.gif
)
------------------
PLUR
Tig
Binkies are way functional, they're kewl, and they're cute!
THEY ARE *NOT* LAME!!! grrrrr... = P

Tig I'm so soree u had such a miserable tyme... It sux when u have to c someone innocent getting hurt but can't do aneething about it. Sorry hun
frown.gif

What did you think about Candycane?
wink.gif

PLUR
smile.gif

------------------
Of all the things I've lost,
I miss my mind the most.
Ozzy Osbourne

MY THOUGHTS ON KANDYCANE...
I stood in line for over an hour. Couldn't even walk up the stairs by the time i got in. But rite before i walked into the entrance, i saw the NYC BLT Kroo. Fucking made everything better.
Once inside, after meeting with the nyc crew, and climber. I was told that we were supposed to meet up with more bluelighters. Shit .. it made the wait outside even more worthwhile. To tell you the truth, the music was just descent. But i guess what made the nite, one of those kick ass nites was the fact that all bluelighters were having fun and chilling together.
LOVE THIS F...G SITE.
------------------
PLURness
from...
Buzzin*DrgnFly
{{LUV YA NYC, PA CREW}}

way to go for stickin it out tigger. i would've left and went elsewhere. i had that happen once to me in a similar situation. ok, i am 25 and my friends that party with me are even older...(ok, we got into it a little late!) anyway...me and 3 other guys were at a party in detroit during late summer and everybody thought we were cops! clearly we were rolling and having a good time dancing! some peeps were really cool and talked to us and actually thought it was very cool that we still party at "our" age. made me feel old but at least i felt accepted. just because we weren't dressed like candy kids we were looked at like we had 3 heads. most peeps were totally freaked and one went so far as to point his finger in my chest calling me a liar cause i wouldn't tell him i was a cop. so after much frustration and disbelief we just left. i was pretty upset that a scene claiming to be about peace and unity and respect couldn't deal with the fact that my friends and i, no matter what age we are, still like to party and have fun just like the younger kids! anyway...haven't really had too many probs overall. usually if somebody talks to us for a minute they see that were are just out to have fun like everybody else!

Hmmm... this is why i try to stay away from NYC parties.... sketchy mean people... and that damned BTS shit
frown.gif

Well at least you made an effort to keep it real MwuaH
------------------
"ya got the househeads, breakbeat junkies, drum and base purists, hardhouse people and all the ravers across america."

Had to jump back into this...
Kandycane was Da BOMB!!! The music was ok, the venue was a little weak... the sound system was a little weak... the light show left something to be desired... so now everybody's saying that tigger has lost his backpack (it's a REALLY CUTE backpack) and his brain was in there...
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!! IF YOU ORDER RIGHT NOW, WE'LL THROW IN A COMPLIMENTARY GIFT OF 1000 REALLY KEWL PEOPLE WHO WERE THERE TO HAVE A TOTALLY PHAT TIME, *AND* 30 BLOOLITERS WHO ARE THE KEWLEST PEEPS YOU'D EVER WANNA PARTY WITH!!!
See, it was the free gift that got me...
smile.gif

------------------
PLUR
Tig

Wut the Heck is BTS?
------------------
PLURness
from...
Buzzin*DrgnFly
{{LUV YA NYC, PA CREW}}

Bridge and Tunnel I think...
------------------
PLUR
Tig

Well finally my computer is back ..
Tigger - wasn't your fault the party sucked .. besides after kandykane i think our expectations were way to high
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

to all you PA people - you rock - kids come to have fun enjoy the music meet other kids .. and the vibe was amazing ...
In NY - well the city have it all and too bad the bad things sometimes take over the good things ...
Plurness to you all ..
K

BTS was a gang from Brooklyn a few years ago that used to go to Raves/some clubs in the city & beat-up & rob little kids. I haven'y heard anything about them in a while. I think BTS stood for Born To Scheme.
------------------
"Take care, brush yer hair ;) "

my 2 cents on dream
it wuz my first nyc party...most likely my last. i went wit tigger, specialk and some other peeps. 1st of all they werent letting people refill there water bottles at the sinks. second couldnt sit near exit and feel the breeze.
I WAS SCARED SH-TLESS THERE! after tigger told me what happened to that poor kid..hope he's allright..i felt like it could have happened to me just b/c the way i wuz dressed.
PLUR???
-climber

CLIMBER!!! You're back! I was starting wonder what happened to you...?
I guess we're all in agreement about Dream... I went to the RatPack website, and you'll never believe hwat I saw... All they were talking about was what a great chance they had to create a kewl party for everyone to go to and how Martin Luther King's words were so exemplified by PLUR... It's beyond me that Dream was their answer to that quest... sheesh! WHATEVA!!! Anywayz.. On to phat parties elsewhere!!!
------------------
PLUR
Tig

So people,
where and when is the next rave ????
Tig -> i was flouded with work and didn't have time to call you - i'll try the home # - hope to see you tonight
Climber -> I hope you weren't serious about last time in NY otherwise I have to drive to PA all the time
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

well i found a new name for the party ->
"I had a dream - it ended as a nightmare"
Plurness...
K !

Pick your parties carefully. Don't be fooled by the lineup, crappy parties could make DJ God and MC Jesus sound horrible. If a production crew fucks you over, DO NOT GO TO THEIR EVENTS! NYC still has phat parties going on, they just aren't the ones on the huge fold out fliers. I tried to talk a few friends out of going to ihad2000, but, alas, they went and did have a horrible time and left early.
On BTS..... Just a bunch of thugs from brooklyn who banded together to mess w/ all the cracked out candy kids and such. The originals are gone, but many copy cats continue because the raver population lets them. BTS has been said to stand for just about anyhting that would fit the initials. Berries Tea Soda, doesn't work too well tho.
As raver unfriendly twilo can be, it is the best spot to roll imo. Bst sound and lights, best DJs, room to dance. Yes the crowd can be weird. But I don't worry about thugs there. Yes it gets crowded, but teh crowd does die down and there are places to chill
------------------
Do I make you randy, baby? Yeah!

BTS is a gang from brooklyn im almost positive it stands for born to steal. They follow around Odi cuz he use to be in that crew. They normally ask people if they wanna buy in bulk and then beat the shit outta them.

Randy's right about Twilo. As long as security doesn't see you taking your pills, etc., they let you dance. The crowd is better after 4 AM, but that's true at every NYC club (that's when the regular people get tired and the people who really love the music and want to dance become the majority). Vinyl can be pretty good, too.
I've only been to the Sound Factory the one time (for the Bluelight meetup a few months ago), but some people swear it's the best place in New York, even after the recent revamping. Anyone been there lately?

I haven't been to Sound factory since 1/1/00 but I am going back this Saturday for JP (the DJ) b-day. It's going to be a mad house.
That's by far my favorite afterhours party\club in NYC. We have a meet-up @ 5am if anyone's interested.
Later.
------------------
"Take care, brush yer hair ;) "