• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plugging Codeine

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I came across some codeine pills, and before you say it I know that theoretically it's more efficient being eaten to go through first pass metabolism. But, has anyone tried this first hand?

I'm probably going to try it anyway but if I could get some answers from people who have tried it that would be fantastic.

I appreciate all responses. thank you

Hey @falsifiedhypothesi this is quite a quandary. I have to admit that I was really stumped on this when I first read it. I went into the same loop I'm sure you did. Bypassing first-pass metabolism is typically advantageous as you get the higher bioavailability, but we know that with Codeine, we required the CYP2D6 enzyme-thingy to turn the 3-Methylmorphine into plain Morphine, so this could mean that avoiding a metabolic stage like this might make the drug basically inert.

Luckily, our forefathers have rectally administered Codeine for us and have shared the results. It appears that the pharmacokinetics are almost identical between the oral and rectal route, I don't have the proper understanding of the real specifics of all of this, but from what I've read, I think it's pretty safe to assume the pharmacology/kinetics are somehow essentially the same between the oral route and the rectal one. I guess you don't even need to adjust dosage. I know you're an old pro man, but for anyone else reading, you can always expect a rectally administered solution to come on much more quickly than the same drug in the same dosage taken by mouth

1mg Morphine = 10mg Codeine and Codeine is 3-Methylmorphine. It gets "de-methylated" in the body and I understand that the resulting Morphine is what gives the drug its effects.

I’m not sure, but I think I read somewhere that the codine/morphine can go through the changes in the blood stream ? I’m sure metabolizing is more productive but apparently it can happen in the blood too…from what I understand this is why heroin is so strong even tho is had a pretty low activation on the receptors ? But it passes through the blood brain barrier better than morphine and once on the other side I guess it gets converted to morphine making it hit much harder than if you just took morphine cause more is able to get by in diamorphine form…I may be butchering what I read but something like that

I have. much respect for our forefathers who sat on poppy pods and I have much respect for both responses. Normally I don't post a question without proper research myself but I was feeling very impulsive and stumbled on codeine late into last night.

I heard that possibly codeine being turned into morphine is not the cause of the primary effects and it is actually converted primarily into a different active form of codeine? Any thoughts, or just tell me i'm disrespecting the ancient poppy sitters, whatever may be the case

Regardless I plan on testing this theory for myself tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
It’s my understanding that codeine /morphine react the same way regardless of the ROA so I recently boofed pod tea and it was a waste compared to drinking it ,i boofed codeine in the past and boofed that also but it was in low doses and I was just trying to get the best bang for the buck but nothing was felt I think it was only about 100 mg

The same amount of pod tea I boofed would have had me nodding all day and would’ve held me the second day but it turned into me asking myself “amihigh ? ,lol seriously,,I won’t be trying that again,my drinking tea is bangin…

It’s my understanding that codeine /morphine react the same way regardless of the ROA so I recently boofed pod tea and it was a waste compared to drinking it ,i boofed codeine in the past and boofed that also but it was in low doses and I was just trying to get the best bang for the buck but nothing was felt I think it was only about 100 mg

The same amount of pod tea I boofed would have had me nodding all day and would’ve held me the second day but it turned into me asking myself “amihigh ? ,lol seriously,,I won’t be trying that again,my drinking tea is bangin…

I've never boofed pod tea, but back in the day I picked up a very large amount of 30mg morphine pills, and boofing them got me about 2.5 times higher than eating them, every time. it was WAY better

I've never boofed pod tea, but back in the day I picked up a very large amount of 30mg morphine pills, and boofing them got me about 2.5 times higher than eating them, every time. it was WAY better
I seen that mentioned in a number of articles that plugging morphine was much stronger than taking it orally but with my attempt at pod tea being being much weaker I’d say there’s other things in play because it’s tea and not pharmaceutical grade morphine ,I dunno…

I posted about it before trying it a couple months ago and was even told in that thread that it’s much stronger but it wasn’t for me….

I seen that mentioned in a number of articles that plugging morphine was much stronger than taking it orally but with my attempt at pod tea being being much weaker I’d say there’s other things in play because it’s tea and not pharmaceutical grade morphine ,I dunno…

I posted about it before trying it a couple months ago and was even told in that thread that it’s much stronger but it wasn’t for me….
I tried it once with some stuff I spen a good amount of time getting rid of as many impurities as possible, it works, just gotta clean it up beyond tea

I’m about to try adding calcium hydroxide to remove a lot of the undesirables and ammonium chloride to precipitate out the morphine, we’ll see how it goes

I’m about to try adding calcium hydroxide to remove a lot of the undesirables and ammonium chloride to precipitate out the morphine, we’ll see how it goes
That’s beyond my capability,once adding a chemical comes into play I’ll just sit back and watch,the furthest I ever went was cooking coke with baking soda ,lol,that’s the extent of my knowledge of science..

It's not so much science as following directions.

Well it worked surprisingly well… that’s brobsbly a not a good thing having pretty decent morphine base and fairly cheap compaired to shit you’ll buy on the streets…next I will attempt to turn it into 6-AM with glacial acetic acid and some heat

Just an update, I did not end up attempting it because of the uncertainty of effects and the fact that i'd have reduce the amount of fluid after a cwe extraction to around 20ml or less. It didn't seem to be worth it as I only had limited pills and I didn't want to burn them on a chance

But I like where this thread is going so feel free to continue discussion

First of all, I miss my codeine man. I used to plug on a few occasions due to being unable to down the soulution. Well, shortly after the fact I suddenly started noticing that there was blood in my stool sometimes and so I blamed that on the plugging.

This went on for a couple of years and I also had this pain in my arse etc. until I finally went to see the doctor about it last year, due to the bleeding getting out of hand. Turns out, I suffer from ulcerous colitis, or so they say.

They don't know about my plugging.

Next time I do a CWE, I'll just try mixing it with a big bottle of coke or something.

I boofed pharma grade morphine dissolved in a bit of saline solution and it was comparable to the oral route. I too expected to circumvent the poor oral/snorted BA of morphine but it didn't work. Maybe a tiny bit stronger but given that oral BA is ~30% then it was nowhere near 60+%.

With codeine you want the morphine which requires metabolism through the liver so no point in circumventing first-pass metabolism. I remember reading contradictory stuff about whether codeine itself was analgesic or not (I think it is but with low potency) and whether morphine was the only or major mediator of analgesia/euphoria, think there is at least one other metabolite which gives relevant effects (some codeine-X-glucuronide) but if this is true then boofing doesn't bring benefits with codeine.