• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Plugging CO2 oil/making a suppository

chemicaldiscovery

Bluelighter
I have been smoking weed and oil for over 15 years. Edibles have never significantly worked for me. I'm not sure what it is but I have read that for about 15-25% of the population this is the case. Smoking works because this ROA bypasses first pass metabolism and the liver. I have read the the bioavailability of this ROA is higher than even that of inhalation. I have some medical chemdawg oil from a dispensary in california. It is already active to be used orally. Most preparations I have read, and i video I watched, call for the oil to be dissolved in coconut oil and then shaped into a suppository. I understand the logic of this but my question is that since this medicine is already active for oral use, could I just plug it since I don't have any coconut oil on hand? If not, what about putting it in an empty capsule, filling it the rest of the way with olive oil, closing it and plugging that? Thanks!

Smoking works because this ROA bypasses first pass metabolism and the liver. I have read the the bioavailability of this ROA is higher than even that of inhalation.

Not sure what you're trying to say there but that doesn't make sense.

CO2 oil doesn't need to be purged, and is generally not orally active. Are you sure it's not ethanol-extracted oil, aka Rick Simpson Oil?

Either way, you shouldn't just plug it directly. Suppository molds are really cheap if you want to go that route.

Assuming you have ethanol-extract or RSO this could work. Change your plugging technique, that's a shitty idea. Use a small oral syringe or a syringe with no needle and use that, your ass is not going to break apart the gel cap and you will not have a good time. If you do this and have RSO please update back and tell us what happens, I'm a veteran plugger and want to know how this went.

Last edited:
are you certain edibles won't work for you? the threshold dose for oral admin can be all over the map, for some people "one dose" isn't enough for effect. if you're taking prescription drugs those may also inhibit the liver enzymes that metabolize the stuff. Details here and here.