• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Plugging benzos that are dissolved in a PG solution

hatrix

Bluelighter
I have 50mg of nifoxipam dissolved in 10ml of PG, 0.25mg per drop.

I'm wondering if it's possible to plug a dosage of this nifoxipam, diluted with some water to add a little more volume to what I'm plugging. It should still be active rectally, correct? Even if it has a very poor water solubility, it's already dissolved into a solution which should make it easily absorbable when plugging.

Before anyone tries to tell me there isn't much of an advantage to gain by plugging benzos, I know this. The BA of most benzos is already high enough orally, and most have a fast onset. However, this one doesn't seem to have a fast onset orally for me, so I'd just like to plug it for cases where I need some relief/sleep fast.

It's extremely hypnotic and a lot less anxiolytic than say alprazolam or diazepam, but it is still a benzo and takes away some anxiety while also helping me fall asleep extremely easily. I've never really dealt with a strong hypnotic benzo before and I can't believe how forcefully this puts me to sleep in higher doses. It's like nodding out on opiates almost.

I'm also curious if this would work the same for a solution containing etizolam in PG.

Last edited:

I specifically said why in my post knowing someone would come in here and ask that. I made the text bold now. I answered it so I could get to the answer to my question faster but you apparently glossed over it.

Yes it will minimize onset substantially. PG solutions of diazepam are being used rectally as an alternative to IV injections during seizures, with comparable results. I can confirm that rectal diclazepam and meclonazepam in PG solution gives almost instant effect, instead of having to wait for an hour or two. Do a search on PubMed for reference.

Yes it will minimize onset substantially. PG solutions of diazepam are being used rectally as an alternative to IV injections during seizures, with comparable results. I can confirm that rectal diclazepam and meclonazepam in PG solution gives almost instant effect, instead of having to wait for an hour or two. Do a search on PubMed for reference.

Thank you, I'm just going to attempt it and find out. Worst case scenario I waste a little nifoxipam. I have plenty of benzos always though so I'm not worried.

It works, you will not waste it. Did it with diclazapam as late as today. It is very effective and fast acting. I use undiluted PG, but the studies often recommend diluting it a bit with water to avoid irritation. I''ve never experienced irritation though.

Last edited:
I only add water because otherwise I'd be plugging not even 0.2-3 ml of just PG with a 3ml syringe.

waste of time in my experience. Sublingual over everything for benzos.

I do not agree. Sublingual is like slightly faster oral, rectal PG solution is like a slightly slower (a couple of minutes) IV injection. There is a huge difference IME. The benzo must be completely dissolved in PG for it to be
effective though. Check out the studies. Parents of children with epilepsy sometimes get "take home" IV diazepam vials to give their seizuring kids rectally, it's basically as fast and effective as IV.

I've never plugged anything I'm curious to try it after reading this threAd thanks op .
I have diazepam 10 mgs blue pill how do I go about doing this properly lol