View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pleasure Receptors Blocked on LSD?

Yeetdruggie

Bluelighter
Okay so I know lsd use impacts your serotonin production/function, but I have a question. Toward about 3 hours in on a second tab of acid I got cravings for ice cream, but when I ate it (1) I had hardly any sense of taste and (2) I didn’t feel the ping of pleasure in my stomach/mind when I ate the food. I understand there is a loss of appetite when on acid but I didn’t expect that you could have intense desire for specific food but have no positive reaction when you eat what you crave. It was as if the thought of my craving provided more mental/physical pleasure than actually eating. The only things I could moderately eat (because my body was intensely hungry, I’d been tripping on an empty stomach for 12ish hours) was sour gummy bears. The sour sugar seemed the only thing that could stimulate my tongue enough to make eating while tripping feel mostly normal. The cravings were super annoying though because I started wanting literally all the foods I enjoy but I knew they wouldn’t be satisfying if I bought them. Aside from an inability to taste, is it normal to have a lack of pleasurable response from eating preferred foods while tripping?

I dunno man I find a heck of a whole lot of things pleasurable on acid. Salty snacks and sex both come to mind.

varies from trip to trip, some trips food will taste amazing but hard to eat large amounts usually keep it to fresh fruits.

Doritos on acid totally destroys this theory.
Exactly, I recently tried the Doritos Cool American chips, you'd think they are just plain old chips, and why not go for a sweet chili or pure paprika right, but they are godlike! I think they're mainly available in the Netherlands though, but if you come across them, try it, craving for a little taste just right now.....

I love ice cream, would eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner. I cannot eat it while tripping. I tried once and the cold sensation shot through the roof of my mouth numbing it and freaking the shit out of me and ruining the trip. I definitely had no pleasure from it!

Food is always weird for me on LSD. How it looks, how it feels, how it tastes. Sometimes I'll prepare a bunch of snacks that are easy to deal with, and then when I'm tripping they all taste weird.

I think it's normal.

Although i agree that most real foods are not very nice while tripping hard.
But some salty stuff like chips or popcorn is very good after the peak.
Esp vingar chips goes very well during the last period of the trip.

But i would def have a hard time eating a full meal at any point of a trip.

Ah okay, thank you guys for the responses! It looks like basic snacks that have the most flavor (ie. Super salty/sour/sweet) are the most enjoyed when tripping even if the desire to eat varies by trip. I’ll try out some of the things you guys listed to see if I feel any different eating them the next time I trip!