Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Please Welcome Xorkoth!

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
Hi All :)

Please join me in welcoming Xorkoth to the P&S mod-team. <3 You'll find the hemlock on the top shelf at the back...

I, personally, am really happy to have such a wise and level-headed guy on the team and I think he'll be an awesome addition to the team. :)

Never inappropriate:
welcome_to_hell.jpg

That cat is actually ebola BTW :).

I know he didn't want his pic public, but he's so cute and furry, I couldn't resist...

Thanks willow, for the warm welcome. :) I'm excited to be a part of the mod team on this forum now too, I've always enjoyed P&S though it's only fairly recently I started posting here regularly. But the conversation is right up my alley. I pride myself at being rational, level-headed, kind and diplomatic, which are qualities about myself that I like to put to use moderator Bluelight forums. So, I'm very happy to have been chosen!

Plus now I can combine the powers of my 3 modsticks to grant a wish to each regular P&S poster. That's the advantage to accumulating modsticks. ...Oh wait, I shouldn't have said that, now I've revealed too much.! 8o

Good for you xorkoth. p&s will benefit from somebody with your background. weren't you also on erowid and that other one, mabye it was t he hive, years ago? i think i recognize your name.

I've got all kinds of reports published on Erowid, never been anywhere else except here though, but I have modded PD on and off since 2006 (mostly on).

I always knew ebolas? inner spirit animal was a tiger tabby!

:D

Erowid you say?

brb

The only one that won't show up if you go to my author page is the most recent one I wrote, about my ibogaine flood dose. For some reason they didn't link it to my page, but if you search Xorkoth for author name it will come up.

Glad to see you part of the team Xor. I always appreciate your posts. Nice going man. :)

What does 'Xorkoth' mean? I'm fairly sure i'm cleared to know <fnord> Are you one of those people who were buried in a volcano because you failed to pay intergalactic taxes? Or one of the demons of the 666 levels of the Abyss? I get them confused....

After a little detective work I found this.
Xorkoth said:
Heh... I feel honored at receiving my own thread for this.

The truth is, it doesn't mean anything. When I was in 6th grade (and then for about 6 years afterwards) I played an online text-based multiplayer role-playing game called Dragonrealms (like 8 hours a day =D). When I signed up for it, and was choosing my character's name, I just randomly came with with Xorkoth... I couldn't tell you why. He was a moon mage and ended up being a big part of my life... lots of my friend were on there and I really identified him as part of myself. Then one day in college I was playing (no longer obsessively however) and had a "script" going that ran through a bunch of skills to practice to gain rains so I could gain levels (this was a big problem with the game IMO because certain skills took boring repetitive action to gain ranks in and at high levels it would take literally hours and hours to gain a rank). away-from-the-keyboard scripting was not allowed. I was actually at the keyboard working on a web site devoted to the players that was a database of all magical devices ever found in the game. I looked away for exactly 5 minutes at a time because 5 minutes was the length of time they allowed you to be "unaware". They must have started checking right when I looked away again and basically they considered me to be AFK scripting and banned me for life. Bastards! That shit was $30/month at that point!

Anyway, ever since then I have used Xorkoth as my online name. I just like the name. And that's the story of whatXorkoth means. :)

And don't let me response encourage anyone to post new threads for such non-PD-related reasons in the future. =D

I am not sure how it is pronounced though, my guess would be [Zor-kot]. Great choice, although, I thought you were already a mod here and ebola was an Owl :?

Very close, it's Zor-koth. :) Nice detective work, I remember making that post, it might be the only time I've explained it online.

Wow, I made a lot of typos in that post.

I figured either Zor-kot or Zor-koth. I preferred Zor-kot.

Wasn't hard to find considering you created a unique word. I suppose others could have used it, but you're the most famous. ;)

very impressive imo.

Last edited:
Hahahaha, now I'm going to read Xorkoth as Xorkot just like I always read my own name the way Solipsis put it once a year or more ago -- "Joost a gooey" lol

Haha. :D

Yeah I've never once come across anyone else using the name, as far as I know no one has even created trolling accounts on here trying to impersonate me. Pretty nice to know it's all from me when I see the name. :)