• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Please provide an opinion about the state of my Neurochemistry

DevZer0

Bluelighter
To Start I have been on forced to to take psychiatric medication such as Rispiridone, Sodium Valporate, Lithium for a miss-diagnoses of Bipolar. The details to that I will leave out of this story because my question is related to neurology and brain chemistry.

in about 3 months into taking this medication i fallen into a serious depression, i had no motivation to do anything, i constantly lay in my bed just feeling hopeless. felt suicidal. i requested for some dopamine agonist (because a friend of mine have had luck with it) but all they gave me is an SSRI which took away the suicidal thoughts and that's about it

After getting really tired of the situation I decided to take an alternative path to solve my misery. about 2 weeks ago I decided to take this problem into my own hands and i stopped the psychiatric medication and consumed methamphetamine, i didn't feel super high (having had previous experience 5 years ago, or is it because i was already having a dopamine deficiency) but i felt the positive effects i felt motivated, felt like leaving the house doing things, so i was happy about it.

Having had previous experience on the substance (2 years ago for about 9 months) one of the most important aspect for me is to sleep every night, otherwise you get into all this psychosis problem.

To ensure I get a good night sleep I got Quetiapine 200 MG prescribed by the doctor and I thought that would be sufficient because previous time that's what i used.

Day 1. I took 400 MG of Quetiapine because 200MG wasn't putting me to sleep. so i was unable to sleep that night.
Day 2. I went to see the doctor and she gave me Clonazepam and i took 4mg of that and 200 mg of Quetiapine and i was able to sleep,
Day 3 once again i had trouble sleeping with Clonazepam 4mg and Quetiapine 200 mg so i went to the doctor that night and he prescribed me the following medicine

trazodone,
desirel
zolpidem with those 3 Clonazepam and Quetiapine i was able to sleep.

Day 4.
When taking the substance didn't feel much of body rush effect, just slight awakens and feeling motivated, (could have been from the behavioral habit of the previous 3 days) but i didn't read too much into it. end of the day I took the 5 medicine to go to sleep.

Day 5.
Start to feel the substance is not doing anything to me, but I continued my practiced behavior and by the time for sleep i was feeling sleepy also so i just took Clonazepam and Quetiapine

Day 6 and forward.
Consuming the substance does not render the expected outcome, even with higher intake there is no difference, its almost like i am smoking a cigarette, there is no effects.

Some questions I wrote down.

- Am I at a dopamine deficiency state? Is that why the substance not producing any effects?
- I have never taken substance at a state where I was depressed so I have no experience on what possibly happens.
- Did something happened to my D2 Receptor that they got over occupied? ( i didn't find any articles of such thing being possible)
I also stopped taking Quetiapine thinking that it maybe canceling the effects, but from what I read there is never a 100% occupancy on receptor binding, s

I am using the behavioral changes from the week that it worked to continue to have productive days. But what has happened keep bothering me so i decided to consult a professional to get opinions of others.

p.s apologies if this is not the right forum to post this message. it wasn't clear

i am closing this thread as most of the internet users are nonsese talking trolls, i have already made arrangement to speak with a Professional Psychiatrists regarding this matter, i am pretty sure all the details written here went right up your head