[Please Move to Support] Banned for Supposedly Trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Le Raisonneur

Hello,

I'm not sure if I should include my username, but I have an issue, which I feel deserves serious consideration.

Apparently, I just got banned because some random moderator had mistaken me for a troll. The message I had received was curt, short and confusing: "troll much?", it sardonically asked.

However, l do not troll, nor have I ever trolled in the past, nor have I ever contemplated trolling for the future whilst. Any claim to the contrary is unfounded and baseless.

Therefore, I request that this ban be supported with evidence of the accusation of trolling—and a mod's personal opinion or subjective interpretation of my comments does not constitute evidence.

However, this request seems unlikely to be met as one cannot objectively differentiate trolling from joking or sincerity. Since it cannot be objectively distinguished, one must recourse to subjective arbitration. But who is the arbiter of what does or does not qualify as trolling? And why? And how do their arbitrary ideas of what my intent behind what I say matter more than my own intent? Hence, there likely is no evidence with which to submit.

And if there is no such evidence, I then request to be exonerated of these unfounded accusations of wrongdoing and to have this unjustified ban lifted immediately. It is nothing but a farce poorly camouflaged as

If the moderation of BL has any decency and propriety about itself, which I believe it does, and if this forum is to
be at all taken seriously then such a perfectly reasonable request as mine should be rather easy to accommodate.

Again, I simply request that either:

A.) evidence be submitted in support of this ban, or
B.) failing that, this ban be lifted for the sake of equity and fairness, or
C.) if the moderation does not care for nor value equity and fairness (and hence even its own forum's rules), then l request the ban be removed simply out of protecting the respectability and integrity of its moderation.

If request A, B, nor C can be met then this forum reaches a new high in being low, its rules cease to mean anything, and the forum itself no longer remains possible to be taken seriously.

In which case, the ban should still be lifted anyway, as it is unnecessary since any forum or community that cares not about due process is both totalitarian and one from which l need not be forced out; I've far too much dignity not to leave willingly.

Thank you for your time.

Addendum

Apologies for the crudeness of my OP; anonymous users apparently cannot edit their comments after posting them. So I will just quote my comment with appropriate edits, in their original contexts, included (and underlined for emphasis) where necessary.

However, l do not troll, nor have I ever trolled in the past, nor have I ever contemplated trolling for the future since I've been on this forum .

And if there is no such evidence, I then request to be exonerated of these unfounded accusations of wrongdoing and to have this unjustified ban lifted immediately. It is nothing but a farce poorly camouflaged as justice.

In which case, the ban should still be lifted anyway, as it is unnecessary since any forum or community that cares not about fairness and does not value due process is one that is both totalitarian and one from which l need not be forced out; I've far too much dignity not to leave willingly.

But who is the arbiter of what does or does not qualify as trolling? And why? And how do their arbitrary ideas of what my intent behind what I say matter more than my own intent?
on bluelight, forum staff are the arbiters. one person's arbitrary is another's reasoned.

from the blua: "Bluelight reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to Bluelight at any time for any reason."

also: "Bluelight reserves the right to publish, edit or delete contributed content as it sees fit."

alasdair

Well it is not exactly the United Nations here and well I am sorry that your one day ban is so brutal.

Maybe try to troll less?

Also everyone here volunteers their time for this website well at least the moderators and it is fucking free and you are pissed. No one needs evidence to infract you.

So you really gotta play by the rules or you just can't join our club. That simple. No one cares about your ban except you and Alladin said it better than me.

on bluelight, forum staff are the arbiters. one person's arbitrary is another's reasoned.

Erh, no. Try to pay attention to the rules of language and logic we've all agreed on.

from the blua: "Bluelight reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to Bluelight at any time for any reason."

Then this is North Korea embodied in a message board. Not that you care or that I expect you to care, but it seems the BLUA's model comes directly from the Patriot Act. No due process, no equity, no justice. Just whimsical dismissal of any user the draconian moderation finds to be unpalatable or persona non grata. That is totalitarianism in a nutshell.

And if it does not offend you, you should be ashamed of not just your cavalier support of such draconian drivel, but also because of your total lack of any consideration of civil liberties. How concerning: the last remaining refuge of unbridled freedom—the Internet—is fast approaching, and seemingly striving to one up, the depressingly oppressive 1984-esque rest of the world.

At the end of the day, when you retire from your unpaid cyberspatial sinecure that is pretending to be as grandiose as Louis the XIV or the message board big man, when you can no longer milk the Proteus Effect for power and have to face the real world, I implore you to consider the dangerous implications of such a provision at its IRL entelechy.

also: "Bluelight reserves the right to publish, edit or delete contributed content as it sees fit."

Á la Joseph Stalin or Adolf Hitler? How magnanimous and appealing.

You need not conclude any, least of all every, of your comments by appending your username. We all are aware to look left to the top of your avatar,in the rare occasions such irrelevant information is desired.

It is a tautology. A pretentious tautology. Worst yest, it is an annoyingly pretentious tautology.

Well it is not exactly the United Nations here and well I am sorry that your one day ban is so brutal.

Brutal? No. I am just a man who is sickened and appalled by the patent paucity of individual freedoms of which I am reminded daily. It is bothersome. Nay, it is insufferable.

Everybody in authority (however meager, as in the case of the effete cockalorums I deign to call moderators) is an aspirant epigone of a monarch. When will this shit cease and when will people desist from being drunk on their own self-important sense of authority? It must end. I favor the Bolshevik solution. I only hope my kismet includes a claque to accompany the cause. Tyrants need not obeisance, but to be slowly flayed to death as atonement for their malfeasance.

Maybe try to troll less?

How cute. You can be sardonic and stupid simultaneously. Now try your hand at fucking off.

Also everyone here volunteers their time for this website well at least the moderators and it is fucking free and you are pissed. No one needs evidence to infract you.

You haven't a clue what infract means, do you? No one needs evidence to break, violate, or infringe me? Your non sequiturs and solecisms are seemingly inexhaustible.

So you really gotta play by the rules or you just can't join our club. That simple. No one cares about your ban except you and Alladin said it better than me.

As if I give a good Goddanm what nobodies think.

And play by the rules? According to Alasdair, it doesn't matter if one "plays" by the fucking rules. Some self-conscious moderator gets miffed or butthurt? So long, cheif.

What then is the fucking point in the rules if they don't even matter?

Nom De Plume...dude. . .you don't need to engage this issue in two threads. The local moderator involved and I believe in the validity of the original decision per BL's explicit rules. The process for review of this decision is to take it to discussion among multiple admins, to reach consensus (which I offered earlier); please PM me if you'd like to pursue that option.

As it stands, you still don't need to pursue this matter in multiple places on the board, and I think we fully clarified our position and explained the possible process for redressing the situation going forward in the prior thread already. I don't see what we're accomplishing here.

ebola

Then this is North Korea embodied in a message board. Not that you care or that I expect you to care, but it seems the BLUA's model comes directly from the Patriot Act. No due process, no equity, no justice. Just whimsical dismissal of any user the draconian moderation finds to be unpalatable or persona non grata. That is totalitarianism in a nutshell.

Yup. It is, in fact, totalitarian. Admins have the final say.

And if you don't like it, you can feel free to leave. Nobody is forcing you to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.