• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants PLEASE HELP!!!!

Mushvein

Greenlighter
I have read thread after thread discussions about problems shooting, but nothing discusses the issues I am having. If you have any experience with this, or ideas, please help. Ok:
My syringe(syringes) pull liquid up and squirt it back out, no problem.
I put my needle in, find a vein.
Register. Blood creeps in slowly, then stops.
I am IN, no doubt.
I press the plunger in. It's more difficult than usual, but it goes fine. Until the blood is forced back in and it's time for the dope to go in.
Then it's like there's a BRICK WALL.
It takes an extreme about of pressure to get it to go any further. And when it does, it burns like crazy cuz I'm dumping it.
WHAT is the problem!?!?
I've gone thru syringe after syringe after syringe and haven't gotten a shot in days. I am going crazy. Please help

I have read thread after thread discussions about problems shooting, but nothing discusses the issues I am having. If you have any experience with this, or ideas, please help. Ok:
My syringe(syringes) pull liquid up and squirt it back out, no problem.
I put my needle in, find a vein.
Register. Blood creeps in slowly, then stops.
I am IN, no doubt.
I press the plunger in. It's more difficult than usual, but it goes fine. Until the blood is forced back in and it's time for the dope to go in.
Then it's like there's a BRICK WALL.
It takes an extreme about of pressure to get it to go any further. And when it does, it burns like crazy cuz I'm dumping it.
WHAT is the problem!?!?
I've gone thru syringe after syringe after syringe and haven't gotten a shot in days. I am going crazy. Please help
Welcome to BL.
You using insulin syringes?
It sounds like your blood may be clotting inside the needle.

You need a better needle, and a quicker hand. You're taking tooich time to push the rig in and the blood is clotting in your syringe which is probably too big a gauge. Either that or you're hitting an artery and you need to find a new spot.

You need a better needle, and a quicker hand. You're taking tooich time to push the rig in and the blood is clotting in your syringe which is probably too big a gauge. Either that or you're hitting an artery and you need to find a new spot.
Thanks Joey. I've tried starting to push as soon as I see the blood come in. It does no different. It would almost have to immediately clot as soon as it goes in. Is that even possible? It's like a matter of SECONDS. The needles I use are the same ones I've been getting at the exchange forever. I've never had anything like this happen. And after I take the needle out, it works perfectly fine. No clotting in it. Makes no sense at all.

Thanks Joey. I've tried starting to push as soon as I see the blood come in. It does no different. It would almost have to immediately clot as soon as it goes in. Is that even possible? It's like a matter of SECONDS. The needles I use are the same ones I've been getting at the exchange forever. I've never had anything like this happen. And after I take the needle out, it works perfectly fine. No clotting in it. Makes no sense at all.

And I'm hitting spots I've hit forever. Multiple spots on arms and legs. They're not arteries.

Are you well hydrated? I used to drink alcohol, forget to drink water, and have the same problem.
Just guessing here.

Are you well hydrated? I used to drink alcohol, forget to drink water, and have the same problem.
Just guessing here.
Man, I am HORRIBLE at hydration. I mean really BAD. But I can usually hit anyway. Or someone else can hit me. But that makes the absolute best sense. What would you recommend sir, as far as how much water to drink in x about of time before I try this again? I really want this shot. It's all I have. Thanks man. What would you suggest?

I'm agreeing with the theory of the blood clots based upon my expereince and what I've seen others struggle with. I never got to the point where I had a lot of trouble with my veins like this. I was a Heroin user though and it's often a different expereince with different drugs. Methamphetamine and Cocaine both are notoriously more abbrasive to the veins and soft tissue in general. Staying hydraded isn't always as easy as just drinking tap water. For instance, if you've been up for days, haven't been eating or drinking at all, it's a process to get your body back to a healthy state. You will rehydrate simply by drinking water, but you will do so more effectively by drinking slightly salty/slightly sweet drinks (Gatorade is great, but I swear by Pedialyte for this) with electrolytes.

It is also easier for your body to rehydrate if there is something in your stomach to, for lack of understanding I will say, "soak up the water" otherwise it cas easily pass through your system too quickly. People might be familiar with how you can piss out a glass of water 30 minutes after drinking it when they're on stimulants. You might not need any of this information, but I thought it might be useful.

I'm agreeing with the theory of the blood clots based upon my expereince and what I've seen others struggle with. I never got to the point where I had a lot of trouble with my veins like this. I was a Heroin user though and it's often a different expereince with different drugs. Methamphetamine and Cocaine both are notoriously more abbrasive to the veins and soft tissue in general. Staying hydraded isn't always as easy as just drinking tap water. For instance, if you've been up for days, haven't been eating or drinking at all, it's a process to get your body back to a healthy state. You will rehydrate simply by drinking water, but you will do so more effectively by drinking slightly salty/slightly sweet drinks (Gatorade is great, but I swear by Pedialyte for this) with electrolytes.

It is also easier for your body to rehydrate if there is something in your stomach to, for lack of understanding I will say, "soak up the water" otherwise it cas easily pass through your system too quickly. People might be familiar with how you can piss out a glass of water 30 minutes after drinking it when they're on stimulants. You might not need any of this information, but I thought it might be useful.
Every gram of carbs you eat will take 4 grams of water to be stored as glycogen in muscle and liver tissue.
So when you deplete your glycogen storage you loose water as well, and if one eats carbs without drinking enough water, the body will pull water from wherever it can, so skin, blood etc.
Convoluted way of saying that being dehydrated will make your blood thicker and more likely to clot in the needle.

Last edited: