• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Please help

Loomisk91

Greenlighter
Ive been taking 20mg ir Adderall twice a day for 7 years. I loved it. It helped me with school and focus and helped me keep off the extra 10-20 lbs. This year it stopped helping and the weigh came back. The doctor recently upped it to 30 mg twice a day but its not making a difference. Does anyone know what I can do to help this? Switching to something else, maybe? Any ideas?

You really shouldn't rely on amphetamines to lose weight. How old are you? Most of us gain a few after high school.

An ex of mine had a similar issue, she was switched to vyvance instead. Even though it actually contains just a third of the amount of amphetamine as adderall, it actually works better for her.

I don't 'rely' on them. I do crossfit. All I drink is water and I eat well. But my family is big so there is always that extra few pounds I can't shake without help. I'm 24 btw. I don't need the judgement. I just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions that might help. Did Vyvance make her tired?

Wow, someone asks advice on a medication, and just because they mentioned that they didn't mind the weight loss (healthy or not), they get lectured about it, rather than receiving constructive feedback... smfh.

Anyways, to the OP: To make sure I'm understanding your question correctly, are you saying that the Adderall isn't having ANY effect on you anymore? Hmm, possibly your brain chemistry changed over the years? Switching up to Vyvanse may help, as it works differently.

I wasn't judging you OP, just making sure you didn't have any bad ideas. You would be surprised what some people post on here..

Either your tolerance has gone up or it's your age, both probably factor in. Nobody I know loses weight as easily as they did as a teenager.

Ask your doctor to switch you to something else. I don't know that telling someone to take MORE drugs would be considered "constructive feedback" but do consult the doc first, and don't take other shit on top of the Adderall. It's dangerous.

Brain chemistry does change as you get older. Your brain is still developing into your twenties. Maybe it is time to try something else because you may have a different balance of chemicals in your brain.

I appreciate all the help. And Chrisincville, the adderall doesn't make me focus anymore or feel productive. I'm not surprised after 7 almost 8 years I've developed a tolerance to it. I've heard some people try 'cycling' their medicines. As in a few months of adderall, then a few months of something different to prevent tolerance. Has anyone tried that? Has anyone tried Focalin, Ritalin...etc. ? I've tried Concerta and it sucks.

I've been on just about every ADHD med and Desoxyn and Vyvanse are the strongest IMO.

Brain chemistry does change as you get older. Your brain is still developing into your twenties. Maybe it is time to try something else because you may have a different balance of chemicals in your brain.

QFT, this is not a simple matter of tolerance this is a complex matter of tolerance lol. Meaning that this is your body just becoming so use to the chemical that you don't feel anything from it at all any more. OP obviously the strongest thing you can try is Desoxyn, You may have the best luck with that, but be careful if you do get it RXd because it is literally pharmaceutical strength Methamphetamine so

Also, what is in the water? Everyone seems a little agitated this week. LoL I am gone for a week and OD falls apart. Everyone needs to just breathe a little. Guys, no reason to jump all over peach like that she was acting purely out of concern. Too many people here get too easily offended when someone offers up some advice that may or not be relevant. Not every post is going to be 100% accurate 100% of the time. So if it does not pertain to you one person is usually enough and if that one person is the OP it is definitely enough.

QFT, this is not a simple matter of tolerance this is a complex matter of tolerance lol. Meaning that this is your body just becoming so use to the chemical that you don't feel anything from it at all any more. OP obviously the strongest thing you can try is Desoxyn, You may have the best luck with that, but be careful if you do get it RXd because it is literally pharmaceutical strength Methamphetamine so

Also, what is in the water? Everyone seems a little agitated this week. LoL I am gone for a week and OD falls apart. Everyone needs to just breathe a little. Guys, no reason to jump all over peach like that she was acting purely out of concern. Too many people here get too easily offended when someone offers up some advice that may or not be relevant. Not every post is going to be 100% accurate 100% of the time. So if it does not pertain to you one person is usually enough and if that one person is the OP it is definitely enough.

The voice of reason has returned! Desoxyn is indeed strong shit, it's pharmaceutical methamphetamine ffs. Not much more you can ask for, and it does work as well as killing your appetite.

Thanks for taking up for me but they can jump all over me till the cows come home, it won't hurt my feelings ;)

So what would be the equivalent of other medicines, Vyvance, Desoxyn, etc.. to 40 mg of adderall?

fuck the desoxyn!!!!! if this is the route you want to go you would be muuch better off switching to the dr I use. sure to have an office in every city usually on a corner, requires no appointment. To find just head on over to 'the bad part of town' and and find the thugginest dude holdin down the corner and ask to see nurse practicioner tina.... walk ins welcome!!!

As I already stated, I do crossfire 6 days a week and eat very healthy. Im a vegan. So thats not helpful.

Adderall is suppose to help you focus. The extra "umph" and get up and go feeling is a "side effect" that many people chase. But in all reality, that's not what the pill is primarily made for. It's made for focus. So if you're losing to extra "fun" side-effects, that's to be expected. You WILL lose them/ grow out of them. If Adderall is still helping you with focusing, it's still doing it's job - IME don't chase to euphoric, speedy side of the pill, and use it as intended- focusing!

you have created a neurological dependency that requires the rewiring of your brain. I would titrate your dosage lower over a few months while supplementing b-vitamin complex, phenylanine, and tyrosine. Your brain needs a BIG rewiring as dopamine ( the chemichal mimic of amphetamine) has been HIJACKED from normal synthesis processes. Do things that stimulate neuronal growth in the process, such as exercise, diverse activities. AND also A psychadelic trip on shrooms might help the process somewhere along the way.