• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Please Help :(

Sadblackman

Greenlighter
I have a problem... i cant seem to get high anymore. I've been thinking maybe it's the medicine i've been taking. i just got off risperdal consta(25mg). i havent taken it for a week now and i take it every 2 weeks. So im wondering does antipsychotics drugs does something to your brain that prevent me from getting high? And how long do i have until this **** is outta my system... it sucks :( Im sick of being sober.

IME Risperidal didn't interfere with cannabis high, but I wasn't prescribed it either so what you perceive as lack of effects could be tied into the reason you were prescribed it in the first place. Consta is extended release so the effects of the Risp are likely to persist for at least the two week period that is normally between doses. It's a pretty serious drug to be prescribed, so I would say be extra careful getting back into the herb because it can definitely exacerbate underlying mental issues.

Oh, and welcome to BL :)

IME Risperidal didn't interfere with cannabis high, but I wasn't prescribed it either so what you perceive as lack of effects could be tied into the reason you were prescribed it in the first place. Consta is extended release so the effects of the Risp are likely to persist for at least the two week period that is normally between doses. It's a pretty serious drug to be prescribed, so I would say be extra careful getting back into the herb because it can definitely exacerbate underlying mental issues.Oh, and welcome to BL :)
Thanks for the info. It just suck being sober. But i wasnt prescribe risperidal from cannabis usage. I was prescribe because the dumb doctors tried and say i had a mental issues, which i dont. When you took risperidal were you taking the pills? Also im pretty sure it's the medicines thats blocking my high cuz was fine before i took this crap...

Risperdal is pure shit and doctors have no business prescribing it.

^ what this dude said above is fucking true, Risperidone is fucking shit... i was on it for some time, because of 'impulsiveness'... fuck Risperidone

i did notice though (although this probably doesn't make much sense biochemically or wtv) that while i was taking Risperidone and Prozac (at the same time) weed in fact seemed weaker, but i could just have been getting shitty weed at that time, may be it's the same for you?

also why the hell are you being prescribed Risperidone? unless you're schizophrenic (in that case i wouldn't be messing around with weed), drop that shit man... peace

^ what this dude said above is fucking true, Risperidone is fucking shit... i was on it for some time, because of 'impulsiveness'... fuck Risperidone

i did notice though (although this probably doesn't make much sense biochemically or wtv) that while i was taking Risperidone and Prozac (at the same time) weed in fact seemed weaker, but i could just have been getting shitty weed at that time, may be it's the same for you?

also why the hell are you being prescribed Risperidone? unless you're schizophrenic (in that case i wouldn't be messing around with weed), drop that shit man... peace
There's were somethings that lead up to the doctors thinking i have schizophrenic, which i dont. And i hate this medicine too. Cant wait until this shit is out of me. It made me flat,unemotional, and fucked up me getting high

Risperdal consta takes a year to leave you I took invega sustenna for 1 months 2 shots and I still didn't recover after 7 months

I was also given that shit by a stupid doctor who I'm glad I no longer see.

Did nothing but give me weird dreams and made my mouth dry and I'm glad I wasn't on it for long.

I really don't know jack shit, but there was a whole thread I read on here where a lot of people were saying that it could stop you from getting high and that people would keep it around and take it if they were having a bad trip and it would stop the trip.

I know a mod said that he didn't experience it, and I think I smoked on it and got high also, but all I know is there were a whole lot of people saying that it can end a trip almost completely if you take it.

Just based on that, I think it's logical to assume it could have at least SOME effect on your high, and that once it's out of your system you will probably be able to get higher again.

Of course, I know nothing about how neurology or any of this shit works, but that's what I heard.

I guess try to find out how long risperdal lasts in your system, and if you smoke again after that period and get high, well, then there's your answer.

risperidone is an inverse agonist at the 5HT2A receptors. that is the receptor responsible for the psychedelic effects of the standard psychedelics such as acid and shrooms. if risperidone has a higher affinity for the receptor than the psychedelic substance, then it'll technically bind to it and the trip will stop.

i'm no neurologist too but i guess that is correct