Mental Health Please Help with Opiate Withdrawal Memory Loss

Ratched

Greenlighter
I was put on Tramadol, wanted off that, got on Norco, wanted off that, took T3, wanted off that and then got on a natural leaf Kratom. Now I want off that. (because it will be illegal soon)
Unfortunately, I got bad withdrawals....
Two main things torture me non-stop.
1.) My piriformis muscle (and other muscles) are clamping down and pinching off my pudendal nerve non-stop and making me feel like I need to masturbate 24/7. (which is why I was on the opiates to begin with.)
--- I'm truly fucked by this. A weak person would just put a bullet in their head if they had to deal with this.
2.) Opiate withdrawal Memory loss.

If I could get the opiate withdrawal memory loss to stop, I could do therapy and exercise when I'm irritated down there. Right now I feel like a chicken circling the house with no purpose.
I can't even put together a fitness plan because I can't focus long enough.

Will the memory loss last forever? How can I get my brain back so I can focus long enough to fix my medical problem?
Right now I just make coffee and then sit, coffee gets cold and I make more coffee (Wash and repeat)
I zoned out like 20 minutes just trying to type this message in a bottle.
FYI: Withdrawals are not from Kratom. I've only taken that a few times and then found out it is going to be banned so now I'm just going cold turkey.

Last edited:
I know this feeling you describe due to pelvis muscles I always thought it has to do with the prostate? Anyway look into kegels might help

The piriformis muscle torture sounds awful, I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

So, I can only speak to the opiate withdrawal memory loss part of this.
I recently quit using dope (+ all other opiates, but mainly was using & needed to kick H) and once I got past the first 4-7 days of initial "I'm going to absolutely die from this I'm sure of it"-type dopesickness and was doing more than lay in bed, I realized my mind was so scattered I could hardly hold a conversation for longer than a few minutes. It was like I was forgetting everything, even stupid, little, non-important things. I would be so frustrated that I didn't remember and then I'd try to remember and then I'd immediately forget what it was I was trying to remember. Yeah, it was bad.
It sounds to me like it's your concentration & short-term memory mainly, not your long-term memory? Because for me, personally, I'm still trying to piece together the last 7-8 years of my life with flashbulb memories I have but don't know the "when" or "why" for - but it sounds to me like that isn't your issue.

I think you're just experiencing the part where concentration sucks and short-term memory is practically non-existent (i.e., "why did I go into the kitchen, what did I need in here?" *leaves* "oh yeah I wanted to make coffee" *returns and makes, then forgets* *coffee gets cold* "oh yeah I made coffee, oh no, it's cold now. ...wait, why was I in the kitchen again?") and if that's the case, then I can tell you that part does get better.
I personally have started remembering more & more things for longer periods of time and I no longer space out for so long that I'm unable to complete a task. To get to that point I really think it was just time, like abstinence from the opiates. I also played some of those stupid "brain games" on an app on my phone and I hate to say it but it helped a lot to expedite memory and concentration and focusing. I also make a lot of to-do lists to stay on track during the day so that if I fall behind or forget what I'm supposed to be doing, I can check and remember. Maybe try playing some brain games to get you to a point where you can put together things like your fitness plan, and any other helpful plans/to-do's.

Good luck, I hope that helped at least a little.
PS* The emergency scheduling of kratom under Schedule I is such BS. I'm a big fan of the stuff myself.

The piriformis muscle torture sounds awful, I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

So, I can only speak to the opiate withdrawal memory loss part of this.
I recently quit using dope (+ all other opiates, but mainly was using & needed to kick H) and once I got past the first 4-7 days of initial "I'm going to absolutely die from this I'm sure of it"-type dopesickness and was doing more than lay in bed, I realized my mind was so scattered I could hardly hold a conversation for longer than a few minutes. It was like I was forgetting everything, even stupid, little, non-important things. I would be so frustrated that I didn't remember and then I'd try to remember and then I'd immediately forget what it was I was trying to remember. Yeah, it was bad.
It sounds to me like it's your concentration & short-term memory mainly, not your long-term memory? Because for me, personally, I'm still trying to piece together the last 7-8 years of my life with flashbulb memories I have but don't know the "when" or "why" for - but it sounds to me like that isn't your issue.

I think you're just experiencing the part where concentration sucks and short-term memory is practically non-existent (i.e., "why did I go into the kitchen, what did I need in here?" *leaves* "oh yeah I wanted to make coffee" *returns and makes, then forgets* *coffee gets cold* "oh yeah I made coffee, oh no, it's cold now. ...wait, why was I in the kitchen again?") and if that's the case, then I can tell you that part does get better.
I personally have started remembering more & more things for longer periods of time and I no longer space out for so long that I'm unable to complete a task. To get to that point I really think it was just time, like abstinence from the opiates. I also played some of those stupid "brain games" on an app on my phone and I hate to say it but it helped a lot to expedite memory and concentration and focusing. I also make a lot of to-do lists to stay on track during the day so that if I fall behind or forget what I'm supposed to be doing, I can check and remember. Maybe try playing some brain games to get you to a point where you can put together things like your fitness plan, and any other helpful plans/to-do's.

Good luck, I hope that helped at least a little.
PS* The emergency scheduling of kratom under Schedule I is such BS. I'm a big fan of the stuff myself.

Had littlesky not already written this above post I would have typed out much the same. So to reiterate - no, these cognitive issues will not last forever. What you're experiencing is more akin to a deficit in attention causing you to have an extremely low concentration levels which is just a temporary symptom you're going to experience while your brain is kickstarting itself back into proper functioning.

Coming off opiates induces an immense amount of stress on the brain so your cortisol levels are going to be through the roof. It's this stress that is causing you to be so absent minded you see.

Armed with the knowledge that this is in no way permanent, please attempt to just allow the intermittent idiocy play out while most importantly not stressing your mind furthermore, for should you do so you will create and remain in a vicious cycle of stress induced dissociation and PAWS will remain indefinitely.

Please allow theses symptoms as I said it to play out and you will be astounded at how quickly this will all be over. I've been there, experienced the very same and overcame it by employing this very technique. Knowthat your system is now reviving itself; awakening from the haze of opiates it has been flooded with and that the fact that that this is happening is actually a positive occurance.

Having been through exactly what you're describing and then following my surrender to having next go no attention span, the worry stopped and within about 2-3 weeks (possibly less, I'd need to review my journals) a fantastic feeling of clarity finally greeted me upon waking up in the mornings (after sleep had normalised too - the deprivation of which will reap havok on your stress/concentration levels also) and I was intellectually sharper than I had even recalled being before this hell had even begun...

And it was then I knew I was back at last. I've seen the light at the end of all of it so if you have any questions no matter how particular I would be very pleased to help ease your mind as best I can as I know this what you need right now.

Keep going; it WILL be over soon and DONT WORRY. You're not going mad; your system is in repair mode. You're almost done OP.