• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Please help with a Chlorpromazine taper

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed 300mg a day but often take up to 700mg. I have an addiction to prescription medication and am after many years am trying to rectify this one medication at a time. My first was from Xanax and Clonazepam (with medical assistance, safely) and it was very difficult and took a long time so since have been tapering off less addictive meds before I take tackle opiates.
I tried cutting off Chlorpromazine cold turkey as I really couldn't find anything online about people having trouble coming off it. After two days I just felt very...I can't describe it just not okay. Things seemed mixed up, confused. And instead of sleeping I'd lie down and go into this bizarre state where I was definitely not asleep but was also definitely not awake. It was as different from being asleep as being awake is and as different from being awake as being asleep is. ike a third plane of it's own. Usually for three hours or so.
Other effects i had were mild anxiety and highly increased sex drive.

So I took 100mg yesterday evening nd very quickly felt normal again. I took another 100mg last night but slept way too much (I just woke up at 6:15pm and only because my mum came home and woke me up with the doorbell).

I plan to try maybe 100mg tonight and then tomorrow 50mg in the afternoon and 100mg at night? But how slowly or rapidly would it be advisable to reduce by? I was going to try decreasing weekly by 25mg/day?

Is there a proper medical chart for this?