• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Please Help, Sub-H

justkillme

Greenlighter
I've been taking 4mg of suboxone the last 3 years.. How long should I wait before I use H ? ( last day used sub4mg was yesterday/friday )

Last edited:
Why do you want to use Heroin on that dose of suboxone for that long? Its too high a dose to stop taking IMO and you won't feel the full effect of the Heroin you use so its pointless taking it.

Well when I stop taking it Eventually it will come out of my system right? Then I will feel it, So thats my question, How long will it take?

If you stopped taking 4mg of suboxone after taking it for that long its probably going to take 3-5 days until you feel Heroin. You are going to feel very unwell if you stop using suboxone at that dose without something to replace it.

If you stopped taking 4mg of suboxone after taking it for that long its probably going to take 3-5 days until you feel Heroin. You are going to feel very unwell if you stop using suboxone at that dose without something to replace it.

Depending on your tolerance, what sort of time frame are you looking at before you start to feel the withdrawals from stopping the subby? Personally I found a good indicator of how effective my oxy/Harry shot was going to be was how severe the withdrawals from the subby was. Also without encouraging you to over do it, I have also found from experience that upping the dose of your shot when coming off suboxone was enough to over ride the lingering subby. This is obviously not a fantastic idea. I was young and stupid at the time but I feel it's a point worth raising

Ironically, the subs are harder to stop than the H. However, due to the long half life it will be many days before you will feel the full effects of the H. In the meantime, withdrawal from subs will kick in within 24 to 36 hours. If you can tough out 2.5 to 3 days off the subs, than take very small does of H for the next 2 days, just enough to keep you from feeling lousy, you could then take a dose of H and feel the full effects.

I don't know what the cross-tolerance of buprenorphine to heroin is, so don't take a huge dose your first time doing so. Bup being a partial-agonist is still very powerful, but I always err on the side of caution. Take a tester dose and wait 20 or 30 min and see how you feel before you shoot a monster dose.

Bup is a godsend and a nightmare at the same time and I'm sure you can find many threads on this topic.