• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Please help is this normal after taking meth

Psychrazy_drummer

Greenlighter
Apologies in advance if this was posted in the wrong place . I took meth in capsule form for 3 days in a row starting on Tuesday, with one or two re-doses each day. I got sleep in between each day around 4-5 hours. I didn’t eat much but tried to force at least one meal down a day. On Friday I stopped and just felt so bad, I felt so nasty and guilty for using meth but also so depressed and anxious and was constantly on the verge of crying. It’s like I constantly have this feeling of dread and also have no energy or mental cognition. On Friday I snorted a VERY small amount of MDMA 10-15 mg max. I also was using Xanax to get to sleep after each day. I feel so horrible emotionally and physically and just cried my eyes out. Is this normal and if it is how long should it last? Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Apologies in advance if this was posted in the wrong place . I took meth in capsule form for 3 days in a row starting on Tuesday, with one or two re-doses each day. I got sleep in between each day around 4-5 hours. I didn’t eat much but tried to force at least one meal down a day. On Friday I stopped and just felt so bad, I felt so nasty and guilty for using meth but also so depressed and anxious and was constantly on the verge of crying. It’s like I constantly have this feeling of dread and also have no energy or mental cognition. On Friday I snorted a VERY small amount of MDMA 10-15 mg max. I also was using Xanax to get to sleep after each day. I feel so horrible emotionally and physically and just cried my eyes out. Is this normal and if it is how long should it last? Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Meth is a very powerful and damaging drug my friend. The good news is, you probably only need some good food, some rest and a couple days off stimulants and you'll feel back to normal.

The more you use it, the worse it's going to get, I suggest running away.

This is extremely normal and very common. The first comedown from a multi-day meth binge is the worst one. It is always especially bad for people who are predisposed to anxiety or depression normally. For such people reaching a level of misery approaching suicidal ideation just to make it stop is not uncommon.

You may be making it worse taking a short acting benzo like xanax if it results in rebound anxiety as it does for some people (not all).

The good news is that it usually does not last more than 2-3 days for most people. You need to keep reminding yourself that what you are feeling is not real, it’s just the drugs wearing off, and it will eventually stop.

We have a lot of posts on dealing with meth comedown. The basic message is (no particular order):

1. Follow your normal sleep cycle as soon as possible. Do not stay in bed unless you are sleeping.

2. Be active when not sleeping. Sitting or lying around ruminating is exactly when those horrible feelings get hold of you.

3. Even a walk around the block followed by a hot shower will make you feel better.

4. Eat lots of protein and leafy greens and hydrate with low-sugar and non-stimulating fluids.

5. If you have a friend whose shoulder you can cry on without judgement take advantage, tell them what you did, and talk out all those guilty feelings.

6. Tell yourself constantly this is all just temporary.

This is extremely normal and very common. The first comedown from a multi-day meth binge is the worst one. It is always especially bad for people who are predisposed to anxiety or depression normally. For such people reaching a level of misery approaching suicidal ideation just to make it stop is not uncommon.

You may be making it worse taking a short acting benzo like xanax if it results in rebound anxiety as it does for some people (not all).

The good news is that it usually does not last more than 2-3 days for most people. You need to keep reminding yourself that what you are feeling is not real, it’s just the drugs wearing off, and it will eventually stop.

We have a lot of posts on dealing with meth comedown. The basic message is (no particular order):

1. Follow your normal sleep cycle as soon as possible. Do not stay in bed unless you are sleeping.

2. Be active when not sleeping. Sitting or lying around ruminating is exactly when those horrible feelings get hold of you.

3. Even a walk around the block followed by a hot shower will make you feel better.

4. Eat lots of protein and leafy greens and hydrate with low-sugar and non-stimulating fluids.

5. If you have a friend whose shoulder you can cry on without judgement take advantage, tell them what you did, and talk out all those guilty feelings.

6. Tell yourself constantly this is all just temporary.
This.

@Perforated is a God (Litterally) Listen to him 👍