• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Paraphernalia Please, educate me on dabs, crumble, wax, vaporizer... help!

Automator

Bluelighter
Hey guys!

My tolerance is through the roof.

I want to switch to dabs, today.

What's the best table top dab rig for the money?

What is crumble, wax, shatter?

How do I do it?

Do you recommend I do something about my tolerance or jump into dabs?

idk about tabletop rigs, but the yocan evolve plus and plus xl are worth looking at if you're interested in pens.

MONSTROUS hits, man, fuckin' things are ridiculous.

though I do agree with thegreenhand, and you should probably try to get your tolerance in check. Maybe take a week off at minimum, and make a conscious effort to take it easy when you jump back in with extracts. Just take it one hit at a time, man, and after a week of abstinence I'm sure all it'll take you is a dab or two to get you way higher than you'll be expecting.

Definitely hit the dabs. Its gonna blow you out.

You will want a nice straw. Nice torch.

Rigs are fun and water filter and shit, but I like a straw best.

If I do use a rig I like using bangers, not pins. Red hot it and drop the dab in. Get a good lock pick set for your tools (awesome for the money and you will need various tools like this).

However not so much, they are ruthless on the lungs. You will see how your rigs look.

Start with this, will be able to smoke anything with it. Get a few since they last like a month or so. Or invest more in a metal tip straw which will last near forever. These little glass ones are nice, though since you cannot carry your main straw around.

Last edited:
I got a Puffco Peak. Not bad first experience.
I ripped 3 "grain of rice" sized balls of wax. Lowest temp setting, then mid for the rest.

Gonna try to chill as suggested. But the pain relief was immense!

Yea if tolerance is an issue concentrates arent the way to go. As been said, your tolerance will increase more and faster than with cannabis alone.

Thing is when you smoke flower there is a lot more variation in the active components compared to concentrates. (Live resins and such are better but still nowhere as much as actual flower.)

This makes it so your tolerance to flower won’t rise as fast so long as you switch up strains often. Concentrates being more similar causes tolerance to rise much more quickly.

Then the sheer potency of them makes flower seem like nothing. Think about this before you decide to convert for good.

When I want a little extra buzz I just toss a tiny amount of concentrate onto a hit of flower.

-GC

Work on your tolerance is by far the best solution longterm

I love dabs however, but I'm well aware if I do it more than one night every 4 days or so then my tolerance is gonna climb so rapid it will fuck up any and all flower pleasure/effect

If you insist however I find this superior to a basic straw as it watercools the vapour

(shop around and you can get them for less than 40% of this price from China

The best rule to follow is 2 days rest for every 1 day of use. This even applies to Heroin.

I have watched friends, with very low addiction traits and unlimited access to wax etc, wind up facing pretty tough addiction times from dabs. We are over a decade in front of the masses and they enjoyed unlimited supply , but maybe just hold back and extend enjoyable use without the problems that could come. Stronger is not always better and you might roll right into retirement if you play it right.

I have watched friends, with very low addiction traits and unlimited access to wax etc, wind up facing pretty tough addiction times from dabs. We are over a decade in front of the masses and they enjoyed unlimited supply , but maybe just hold back and extend enjoyable use without the problems that could come. Stronger is not always better and you might roll right into retirement if you play it right.
I totally agree. I am retired now and only take edibles moderately, because I have COPD.

Yeah I was heavily addicted to dab pens a year or so ago. I would go through a cartridge every few days. Wasn’t even getting high just not coming down. The lab reports that came out later scared me off but more importantly I had to reevaluate why I used in the first place