Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Planning to roll twice in one week - need help & advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

balilewis

Greenlighter
I know rolling twice in one week is not a good idea.
I have a close buddy of mine visiting me just for the day tomorrow and I also have an event next Saturday that I was planning to roll at. So I'm planning to roll with him tomorrow and also at the event. There will be a five day gap between the roll.
Last time I rolled was 6 months ago.

Will preloading and postloading with supplements between rolls help me recover the most?
A friend of mine said that I should get some 5-HTP.
Another friend suggest I should get some *SNIP*. Anyone heard of them? A quick search online found their website: *SNIP*

Should I just stock up on a bunch of different supplements? I just want to help my mind recover lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, we don't allow any discussion about brands and there is no source discussion allowed either so I went ahead and removed those.

Secondly, no matter what you pre or postload with, you're going to have tolerance to contend with rolling that close together and you're very likely to sustain a worse crash. There is nothing that is going to stop this. Rolling is self-limiting because it not only depletes your serotonin but it also reduces the levels of the enzyme that turns tryptophan into serotonin as well.

A five day gap is not abysmal, just keep your doses in check.

Why roll when you have a close buddy visiting you? Have a few drinks and save yourself for the big event.

If you must roll twice in a week, fine but just take a safe dose, and eat/sleep well in between. Also, your roll at the event....will be heavily lulled if you roll tomorrow.

You'll be fine, you'll just need more the 2nd time to get as sufficiently high as the first time. The high may be more cracky rather than happy but you'll get high regardless. Just don't make a habit of it.

I've rolled more than once in a week before.. it didn't seem like that much of a problem, no severe crash and not much difference in strength.

I think you'd be fine :) just take a lower dose with your friend and save the full thing for your event

You'll be fine, you'll just need more the 2nd time to get as sufficiently high as the first time. The high may be more cracky rather than happy but you'll get high regardless. Just don't make a habit of it.

You really don't need to take more the second week - when you think the user is going to an event the second week so the setting will completely different.

When I plan like OP; it always never happens but,
If you roll 2 weekends in a row, It will probably won't hurt you BUT; It is highly dosage dependent. IF you take 300-400mg tomorrow and the same or maybe more mdma at the event say hi to comedown..
So If i were you, I'd choose a day for mdma, and the next day I'll go for another substance (2cb, lsd, mushroom or maybe alcohol).
If you insist of rolling at the specific 2 days, I suggest you not to redose.
Take 5HTP, Magnesium, Alpha lipoic acid (ALA), Vitamin C or Quercetin, Melatonin, Green tea extract. Get rolaids or tums (it really helps cuz if your dosage is high your stomach upsets you)
So;
Rolaids or Tums before rolling.
Magnesium before rolling,
ALA (Before rolling + every 2 hours of roll)
Quercetin (before rolling and during)
Melatonin (after rolling)
Green tea (you can drink after rolling)
Take 5htp next 2-3 days for 200mg.

I get these info from a site (HR) but it's forbidden to share links so go for google..

If possible for the first day try and dose early and not crash out too late / get too little sleep. Everyone is different but I've found that as long as I take under half a g (max 250mg preferably), don't disrupt my sleep pattern too much, eat some fruit and a couple of sandwiches before crashing (bananas are good for this) and eat plenty the following day my come downs are massively reduced (sometimes to the point of not being noticeable).

Not a good idea, but you already knew that. If you do decide to do it, keep doses low (100-200mg MAX) and post-load with 5-HTP, multivitamins and any anti-oxidants you want to. If 200mg still isn't getting you there on experience number 2 then don't go chasing the high by taking more. Accept that it's not working and try to enjoy what you are feeling. There's a good chance you'll feel incredibly shit on the comedown if you end up taking lots on experience 2 trying to regain the high. Nevertheless, it can be done and enjoyed but do not make a habit of it. Take a long break of at least 2-3 months afterwards.

Good luck and have fun.

Rolling twice in one week is a tricky thing. Firstly, it's very taxing on the brain so don't be alarmed if you feel off for more than a week or two - it will naturally(and quite possibly) prolong your hangover. It's very unlikely you'll suffer any long term side effects from this one slip, but there's still a small chance that you will - this can't go unmentioned. Secondly, it doesn't work for everyone.

Like others have suggested, supplementing with antioxidants(during and between your rolls) and 5HTP(between your rolls, and after your second roll) is very recommended.
Good antioxidants are: Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Vitamin C and a good multivitamin(it's not strictly an antioxidant, but it's also important).

I agree with what JWills wrote about the doses, this is the most important advice. Honestly, I wouldn't roll twice in the same week - I think it's excessive and unwarranted. There are other ways/drugs to have fun besides MDMA and are equally as fun.

MOD NOTE: This post does not represent the spirit of harm reduction and all of the suggestions in here are reckless at best and flat out dangerous at the worst.

Lots of misinformation about rolling twice in a week. I am experienced with rolling all the time (I roll 3 to 4x a week sometimes)
and I can tell you that, it all depends on your body chemistry. Some rolls will be better than others. The pill itself is not much of a factor (considering you have decent pills at least) and it could have something to do with what you eat. I notice sometimes I roll the best when I eat a light meal a little beforehand. I had my best roll ever recently. And I had just rolled a week before that. So, just because you roll today, doesn't mean your roll next week will be worse.

Just wanted to make that clear, as I have personal experience with this. I am not just talking or repeating things I've heard, like a lot of these other posters on here do. I've usually got geniune advice.

I personally could recommend Piracetam a couple of days before your rolls and it worked good for me. But it's not nessecary and it doesn't always work. Again, it seems to be random. The absolute best thing you can do is eat healthy before and after. If you do this, you should roll great with no problems.

Have fun at the event!

Last edited by a moderator:

The King of Beans, your entire post is completely against the spirit of harm reduction. I added a note stating this to the top of your post.

We know that rolling frequently DOES catch up to you. It may vary by person but it is inevitable that such reckless behavior will be paid for later. You really need to think about taking a long break from drugs in general if you are rolling 3 to 4 times a week because you have a serious problem.

Do not give reckless advice like this again, this is a harm reduction forum and it won't be tolerated. Your abuse is in the top tier of stupidity and you'll find that out later but I won't have you taking down others with you.

Well, SWIM named Flynn has rolled two days consecutively. After that, Flynn got a nasty cold, but did not feel depressed at all. He just felt lazy and stayed home for a couple days, playing video games, sometimes going out to eat with friends. He is sure that this could have been prevented if he took multivitamins and 5HTP.

the second roll is going to suck, tried this over the holidays and was very disappointed. The second roll still hit hard, but it was very speedy and tweaky. not relaxing because there was a lower amount of serotin available to be release the second time, thus i felt the speedy effects more and it wasn't as good a feeling. You'll roll hard the second time, but it will be a different type of roll, a shittier one.

I don't understand why so many posters on here get all hot and flustered when someone just tells the truth. King of Beans is right, you can absolutely roll twice in one week without fucking up your serotonin system or having a hellish hangover...just because it's not in the spirit of harm reduction doesn't mean it's not true. You're not going to have an almighty crash, especially if you don't drink too much alcohol with the MDMA. The bad crashes come from using excessive amounts in one night, poly-drug-use or using twice weekly for several months with no breaks. The worse that will happen is the roll might be a little more dulled. The fear mongering on here is unbelievable sometimes.

I would recommend taking something a little lighter on the first night, however - like BK-MDMA or mephedrone and save the MD for the event. Back when I first started rolling I could probably use twice a week with no diminished affects, but since using on and off for the past few years I have found that using MDMA twice in a week will definitely lead to a dulled roll. So if you're a new user it's probably okay, but if you've been using regularly for awhile now then you will need to up the dose for the second night or just be satisfied with a slightly less spectacular roll.

I don't understand why so many posters on here get all hot and flustered when someone just tells the truth. King of Beans is right, you can absolutely roll twice in one week without fucking up your serotonin system or having a hellish hangover...just because it's not in the spirit of harm reduction doesn't mean it's not true. You're not going to have an almighty crash, especially if you don't drink too much alcohol with the MDMA. The bad crashes come from using excessive amounts in one night, poly-drug-use or using twice weekly for several months with no breaks. The worse that will happen is the roll might be a little more dulled. The fear mongering on here is unbelievable sometimes.

I would recommend taking something a little lighter on the first night, however - like BK-MDMA or mephedrone and save the MD for the event. Back when I first started rolling I could probably use twice a week with no diminished affects, but since using on and off for the past few years I have found that using MDMA twice in a week will definitely lead to a dulled roll. So if you're a new user it's probably okay, but if you've been using regularly for awhile now then you will need to up the dose for the second night or just be satisfied with a slightly less spectacular roll.

Scare mongering you say? well a lot of user posts here about long term comedowns seem to disagree with you. Also, not a single person here said it's a guaranteed to happen. In fact, all of us agree it's very unlikely, yet still a possibility the OP should weigh against the benefits and do his own cost-benefit analysis. Especially considering it's highly individual and the risk isn't a hard figure or statistically consistent. Saying it won't happen isn't any better than scare mongering, because it certainly can and has happened.

Just because there's a general agreement that risking a long term comedown in a situation where there are safer alternatives which will also lead to a better MDMA high in either one of the occasions doesn't mean people scare monger. An MDMA long term comedown is really unlike any other drug in this respect, it descends on you like thunder on a sunny day and almost always fucks you up for the long haul the very first time it happens. So considering that I say it should certainly always be outlined.

Lastly, this is a harm reduction forum so people rightly get upset when a comment is blatantly anti-HR. If the OP was looking for the go ahead he could get it anywhere else in the world basically. People come here to ask about the potential dangers which they probably won't hear about from their friends or within the party scene.

Last edited:
The op states the last time he used was 6 months ago so he is not in the habit of using every week - they have said they are going to roll twice in a week and I presume this is a one off due to circumstances (he already knows its not the best idea).

Will it cause him that many problems and this hellish comedown that people are talking about ? Truth is you don't know - some people can get on with things quite happily when some others fall into the mind set of nightmare comedown which is all consuming. If they are sticking to tested pills / MDMA, they keep the dose under control, stay hydrated and then eat, sleep well between doses then chances are they will be fine.

I am certainly not saying this is safe to do so every weekend but occasionally breaking this 'once per three month' rule isn't going to cause you that many problems.

Scare mongering you say? well a lot of user posts here about long term comedowns seem to disagree with you. Also, not a single person here said it's a guaranteed to happen. In fact, all of us agree it's very unlikely, yet still a possibility the OP should weigh against the benefits and do his own cost-benefit analysis. Especially considering it's highly individual and the risk isn't a hard figure or statistically consistent. Saying it won't happen isn't any better than scare mongering, because it certainly can and has happened.

Just because there's a general agreement that risking a long term comedown in a situation where there are safer alternatives which will also lead to a better MDMA high in either one of the occasions doesn't mean people scare monger. An MDMA long term comedown is really unlike any other drug in this respect, it descends on you like thunder on a sunny day and almost always fucks you up for the long haul the very first time it happens. So considering that I say it should certainly always be outlined.

Lastly, this is a harm reduction forum so people rightly get upset when a comment is blatantly anti-HR. If the OP was looking for the go ahead he could get it anywhere else in the world basically. People come here to ask about the potential dangers which they probably won't hear about from their friends or within the party scene.

It's fine to warn people of the 'long-term comedown' scenario, but there's no need to approach every single person who posts this question and echo the same untrue statement 'if you break the 1 month rule you will fuck your serotonin system for months and years'. That's what happens every-time somebody asks about rolling a few times in a row. A flock of high and mighty posters bombard him with this belief, which isn't true at all.

Some people get a month long depression even if they follow the '1 month rule' (which isn't really a 'rule' anywhere but on bluelight to be perfectly honest...not many users in the drug world actually follow this to heart). Some people never get a comedown that lasts any longer than a day or two, even if they use every single week. Frankly, I don't believe in a comedown that lasts any longer than a month. In my opinion the people who claim MDMA is the reason for their anxiety and depression issues lasting any longer than this timeframe are simply trying to find a scapegoat. Some of the threads on here about people talking about comedowns lasting for years are bollocks, in my opinion. Just anxious and depressed individuals spreading misinformation. It's not their fault, they genuinely believe MDMA is the cause, but that is the nature of anxiety. You latch onto something, anything, to explain your anxiety. It's much healthier to move on with life and stop playing the blame game.

I agree though with the general sentiment that using once per month is a good idea. You can get away with more use, but it's not worth the diminished rolls. Tolerance is certainly a real thing. One month does seem to be the perfect time-frame to maintain a low tolerance and stay healthy.

In the meantime, things that will help are:
- Limit alcohol consumption with MDMA
- High trypotophan diet - bananas, eggs and 85% cacoa chocolate help a lot, as well as a vitamin b supplement
- Try to use something similar to MDMA, but not as strong (BK-MDMA) for better results, but still a good time
- Piracetam everyday with choline
- SamE
- You can try 5htp, but personally I don't like it
- Use antioxidants before, during and after roll

He's going to do this anyway, you might as well give him real advice instead of reiterating the same old story.

Status
Not open for further replies.