• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Planning on taking different psychedelics around the world.... Thoughts?

JohnsonE

Greenlighter
So after a year in college, I have lost a huge amount of faith in the education system of America due to the fact that I believe it sets students up for failure in college, but that is a different story for a different time. Basically I have come to the conclusion that I would like to travel the world with a group of friends and take different psychedelics around the world. This includes:
1) DMT under the northern lights in Canada. (specifically on the edge of the Hudson Bay)
2) LSD at the Shaolin Monastery in China so that I can meditate with them
3) Shrooms in the Serengeti plains in Africa. They have basically tree hotel rooms that you can stay in that overlook the plains and set you up with binoculars and a private balcony and room to watch wildlife
4) Ayahuasca in Peru with a Shaman. (This is very expensive but totally worth it in my opinion. Anywhere from $1800-$2500 for the whole experience which is about a week long.)
5) Peyote in a desert, unsure of which one though. Not to familiar with deserts lol
6) Europe is definitely on my list but I think I'll be doing a lot of drinking instead of hallucinogens

Let me know what you guys think! I'll be moving into a house with my three friends who are all willing to make these trips with me this summer and plan on taking these trips every 3-4 months (working and saving up for each trip in between)

Also I am more than open to any ideas of where you think I should travel (seriously... give me cool ideas of places to visit, I know you guys have some good ideas) . I really would like to immerse myself in the cultures I visit and really make it a self improving and worth-while experience. You know, meet the natives there, learn about their perspectives on life and their worldviews. I think it would be really eye-opening. I am not simply going to these places to simply do drugs and be a dumbass. I won't be in school so I would like to improve my mind and make it a learning experience so that I can become a better person while I am no longer learning. I will also plan on filming my adventures with a go-pro %) and plan on doing a lot of hiking, biking, climbing, and snowboarding.

Last edited:
Fun idea but definitely please don't go looking for wild peyote in the desert!!! It's very endangered now, so it's important that we leave what's left to grow and propagate on it's own. On top of that, it's illegal to posses in both of the countries where peyote grows wild, so if you're caught carrying it, big big trouble. And believe me, law enforcement is on the lookout for people like you in those places.

Instead, go to Bolivia and find San Pedro cactus. It's not endangered (it's really plentiful actually), it's not illegal to carry, sell or consume San Pedro there, and it's every bit as good as peyote, you just have to eat more of it. We're not supposed to talk about sources here, so I hope that is vague enough to be tolerable, and in the spirit of harm reduction!

Bolivia is an incredibly beautiful country: high high mountains, desert plateaus, deep jungle. Amazing place!

Other than that, seems sketchy to me to try to do LSD in China, and I'm pretty sure shaolin monks would frown deeply on a foreigner on drugs trying to meditate with them. I'd skip that one for sure. If you really want to consume psychedelics in East Asia, check out Japan instead, there is more of a psychedelic and liberal culture there.

Overall, the americas are probably best for the kinds of journeys you seek.

You sir/ma'am, are a wealth of information! I had no idea peyote was endangered and I will do my part to spread awareness :) Bolivia sounds perfect and honestly all the places I end up wanting to visit for some reason are all in South America, it sounds like an amazing place. And you are right about the LSD it would be sketchy and I'm still not sure how I would get it there. Although I would have taken the LSD without the monks knowing (I feel I can act normal enough to get in and out without a problem). I really feel like the energy and mindset in that monastery is so tranquil and positive and I feel it would be such an experience. But alas, it doesn't seem very feasible at the moment. I'll have to look into Japan :D thank you again, I hope that in the near future I can return and share these experiences with you

Last edited:
Most of your posted ideas sound good and feasible, with the exception of doing it with a group of friends from home (explained later). In my experience, knowing I'm in a place of relative isolation where I'm pretty sure what's happening next, or, if I'm engaging in something more extreme, that doing so is a thrill that can only happen semi-safely approximately in the way I'm doing it, has been more important than the romanticism or spectacle of the locale. For example, I've had some of my best psychedelic experiences just a few hours away during well-timed visits to state parks, whereas I never ended up using the DPT I had stashed to use during a trek through the Himalayas in Nepal. It was tremendously beautiful there, but the hot at the lower elevations, the cold at the higher, and the sore muscles and exhaustion from all the climbing put me out of the mood. I ended up taking it along with some shrooms I got from a local boy I came across wondering the edge of a slum of one of the more touristy cities then spontaneously decided to go tandem hang gliding with a hairy Russian strapped to my back. As unideal as that sounds, I just got to sit there and let the trip overtake me while we followed an eagle up a thermal into the clouds, where the vapor formed a canvas for an explosion of crystalline visuals that subsumed me. It ended up being one of the most sublime and liberating experiences of my life.

Being comfortable enough to lose yourself in the trip, whatever that means to you, is far more important to getting the sort of peak experiences you're seeking by traveling to wherever you've always dreamed to have them in. Be very willing to alter your plans for the sake of that if need be. That you've stopped just wanting to travel and now you're out there embracing whatever comes, getting lost and loving it, will bring far more to your psychedelic experience than perfectly fulfilling plans to see some majestic sight. This includes, and very likely will include, venturing out alone and not scrapping things because the friends that seemed so sure and enthusiastic about travel plans couldn't come through when they said. Almost every young person you meet traveling outside of the most well-tread areas is doing it alone, or at most with one other person (from back "home," ... there's plenty of groups that met while traveling, though they usually only last for one leg of your journey).

Last edited:
I know you haven't expressed interest, but come to the Isles man. The British countryside (especially the South East), Wales and the Scottish Highlands are great facilitators of introspection and great places to use psychedelics. Vast Arcadian beauty and not a single person for miles around! You can wild camp anywhere in Scotland and in Devon so just imagine how liberating, how human. Here is a place I know I would love to trip: it is Dartmoor National Park, definitely on the bucket list.
6a013484a81ec0970c016305073a6d970d-pi

If you're serious about making it a spiritual journey, consider iboga with the Bwiti tribes. Take care to do your research if you go down that path, though. It's a little on the risky side.

I ended up taking it along with some shrooms I got from a local boy I came across wondering the edge of a slum of one of the more touristy cities then spontaneously decided to go tandem hang gliding with a hairy Russian strapped to my back. As unideal as that sounds, I just got to sit there and let the trip overtake me while we followed an eagle up a thermal into the clouds, where the vapor formed a canvas for an explosion of crystalline visuals that subsumed me. It ended up being one of the most sublime and liberating experiences of my life.

You took shrooms and DPT while hang-gliding through the Himalayas with a hairy Russian on your back and you followed an eagle? I worship you.

^Yeah, it was like I said, except I misspoke. It was actually tandem PARA-gliding, not hang-gliding (I did that on 4-AcO-DMT during a trip to Rio de Janeiro, and mixed up the words, heh). The Russian was having trouble finding a thermal, and since the eagle was naturally far more adept at feeling out the currents, it was only logical to follow its lead. It was really lucky, too. A cute Danish girl with the other pilot never made it up to the clouds because there were no other soaring birds around.

I am with out front on this one and Dartmoor is a great place to visit. If you come around sept/oct time you can find the best hallucinogen out there IMO the humble liberty cap or British magic mushroom. Dartmoor is a great place to find these little wonders. Only found in Britain these shrooms are coveted all around the world. You can buy them in head shops in Amsterdam but they are not cheap and on Dartmoor they are free. Just make sure you pick the right ones

I've never been one to travel but damn that sounds glorious.

Back when I used to take psychedelics alot more, I would have dreams/visions of a place.. it's a bit foggy now, but it would come back to me repeatedly. I wish I could go there. :(

God i miss my teen years