• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pink Speed?

^^^^ Why would the Police go to the trouble of changing the whole batch to pink? They would test a bit, and then ship it off to Manly for distribution……

HAHAHAHAHAH, thats so damn true, when i was there the whole manly station was going for corruption..... not a cop or 2, but the whole damn station.......... hehe

hmmmmm tempted to become a cop %)

The rumours of police colouring methamphetamine goes back a few years. I first heard it in the mid 90s. The story was that the police supplied precursors that were coloured (green and blue were two batches I came across that were said to be from coloured precursors). The story was the coloured precursors allowed the police trace the entire distribution network from the cook to the street.

I have no idea if there was any truth to this. I suspect it's an urban myth dreamed up in some meth freak's dillusional mind somewhere.

Later variations of this story which went through my circle (during a fairly psychotic period for all involved) was that the police had supplied a batch of precursors that made your skin turn yellow, allowing the police to track individual users 8(

It was a crazy, paranoid time there for a while :D

For a photo of what I've been sold as pink champagne, download this 220k .pdf from NDARC called Methamphetamine Forms in Australia. Exhibit C5 is the one. Light pink, almost fluffy crystaline meth.

But these slang terms really mean nothing. I'm sure anyone with pink gear would lable it champagne. Calling it pink champagne almost makes it sound glamorous.

:)

Had Pink Champange once in London in 1990.

Not bad, but it was consumed on a gut full of warm english ale, late on warm summer's evening with the last rays of the sun sending a golden haze across the expat filled beer garden.

Actually, I could of been something else.....!!!!!!!!

All in all good, but not as good as the local.

%) :D

I had some speed earier this year that was yellow, or more like a dirty light orange. So gluggy i couln't cut it with a card.

Crystal really is the way to go now. Once you have have it, there's no turning back to cut and coloured shit.

I had pink speed on a few occasions about this time last year, never had seen it before or since, it was been sold as 'ox blood' (anyone else remember this?) and despite a dodgy sounding name, was actually quite strong, wieght for wieght to normal speed- not as strong as base or anything, but noticeably stronger than the regular.

farout:)

used to have pink champagne all the time back in the 90's in the uk, havent seen it around in a long time, never used to make a scrap of difference cept wed all go *wowww* pink champagne and buy more, my feeling food colouring back then

there is def this shit in perth. runiest ive ever seen, had to cut it with glucogen or wateva its called just to snort it and it def wasnt c.meth, it was a very nice cruisy beer drinkn high all day and didnt leave me feeling paranoid and unable to sleep like rok does. I def gona get me sum more

If you want pink speed, just put 1 drop of red food colouring into a clean baggie, and the put your speed in and rub lovingly.

BigTrancer ;)

PINK IS NOT PURE; It could be anything!

;) ...or as it's really done with the followers of the secret order of

Advanced Sacrificial Secretion For Ubiquitous Capitalising, Keeping Enantiomeric Racemic Speed Prices Increased, Greed, Sneakiness And Deliberately Influencing Corrupted Kids Honorably Endorsing Amphetamine Deceit Stories

or more simply

Ass Fuckers, Pigs and Dick Heads

...why not drop a single drop of blood into a bit of water then into the bag. What's the bet once that has been mixed in well a rather pink colour would result :p

;)

Last edited:
there is def this shit in perth. runiest ive ever seen, had to cut it with glucogen or wateva its called just to snort it and it def wasnt c.meth, it was a very nice cruisy beer drinkn high all day and didnt leave me feeling paranoid and unable to sleep like rok does. I def gona get me sum more

I suggest you do an experiment:

1. Get your rock from your usual supply and do whatever you do with it one weekend.

2. Satisfied with the fact that it indeed gave you paranoia etc. as it normally does, save remaining rock for next weekend.

3. Next weekend, crush 1 point of rock and mix it with 4 to 5 points of glucose or MSM.

4. Go to local store and buy pink food colouring (you can be adventurous here and go for maybe blue or purple)

5. Add a drop or two of the colouring and enjoy all day with your mates.

6. Come back here and thank me for saving you a lot of money and health.

Add food colouring to powder and see what it looks like.

Im still not convinced it was rock though cos it was see through and had that strong speed smell that ive only smelt off yellow and white gummy shit and not rock

^^^ do a search for related topics. You'll find all the answers you need. In brief, the smell you are referring to, is a product of an incomplete synthesis. The active substance is still meth. The stuff you are referring to is max ~25 purity though i doubt even that. Do what I said and you'll know what I mean - unless of course you can't live without that smell ;)

For once and for all (nice dream perhaps 8)); if you have gooey, pasty, or a NON-CRYSTALLINE form of Methamphetamine, or something with any colour whatsoever, then you DO NOT have pure!!

In fact it is usually far from pure. The Pink colour as said is usually either from:

1. Unintentionally produced, excess or "left over" chemicals in the reaction, or impurities produced from a bad setup or running the reaction for too short a time etc..
  2. Contamination by dye from tablets containing the pseudoephedrine. Some tablets containing pseudo also contain a pink/ red dye
  3. Intentionally added colour to *spruce up* appearance of the goo
    [/list=1]

1. So just why is there so much UN-PURE meth being made and sold ?

Meth has been (mostly) manufactured in this country from pseudoephedrine employing a process known as - ACID REDUCTION- which uses an acid prepared from various things together with iodine. Put very simply:

pseudo + iodo-acid (HI) = meth

Now, as has also been explained in countless other threads, the physical properties of most amines (like meth) means they are seen by chemists as being very convenient when purifying them. This is because many amines can exist in 2 states; a Freebase form and an Acid salt* form, making a good purification possible as these forms differ greatly in their solubility properties. Of course for this to be effective, relevant washes need to be done by the chemist along the way.

*usually the hydrochloride [HCl] or sulphate [SO4] salt

METH freebase + HCl (hydrochloric or pool acid) ==> Meth HCl (soluble in water, insoluble in ether)

Meth HCl + Alkali (bicarb of soda) ==> METH freebase (soluble in ether, insoluble in water)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [Q] Well, if that's so simple why hasn't the speed produced in Aus been of a higher standard than that generally seen?

[COLOR=dark-blue][A] Largely because of short cuts possible when using an acid reduction on a chemical like pseudoephedrine[/COLOR]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Acidic or Alkaline; cleaning problems associated with the Aussie BBQ method of preparing Meth from Pseudo HCl

The first problem with the above pseudo method is that it uses acidic conditions as apposed to most other routes of preparation where the pseudo is first converted to the freebase form then reacted under alkaline conditions. With an acid reduction, unless the cook first freebases the extracted pseudo, cleans then reconverts it back to the HCl salt for the reduction, some contaminants from the pills would be expected to remain in the pseudo. If the extraction is sloppy, or the wrong technique applied then the Pseudoephedrine will not be pure and the contaminants may react during the reduction process to produce who knows what.

Many cooks would laugh at or be bewildered by this talk, with some undoubtedly replying with; "why bother with all that shit when you get an active product anyway?". But the majority IMO wouldn't have a clue as to what you're talking about, despite the fact that an A/B (acid/base) wash is a very basic principle used in everyday organic chemistry. Such things are brought to realisation when you hear of so called "brilliant cooks" who can't work out what to do with the sulphate form of pseudoephedrine which they may have acquired, despite having done the reaction with the HCl salt for years. For anyone with the simplest understanding of chemistry it is a piece of cake to convert one to the other. The reason the sulphate won't work in this method is because the SO4 group reacts with the reaction mixture.

Now, lets say for argument's sake the cook knew his stuff when he extracted the pseudo, ending up with clean looking clear crystals of pseudoephedrine HCl. If he has done the subsequent reduction many times, he may have optimised the reaction to produce a minimum of side reaction products. He will end up with a reasonable raw yield, although he knows this will contain some un-reacted pseudoephedrine, and likely iodine, phosphoric/phosphorous acids and other stuff, some of it quite smelly. As the smell is reported to change notably throughout the reaction, he uses the characteristic pissy smell to determine when the reaction has been run to completion.

Final workup - none needed. Well not exactly

After the reduction is completed the cook extracts his raw meth product. If dried this will not form crystals, but will be a gooey blob with a strong pissy smell. It therefore still contains heaps of impurities, but whatever he does to clean it will cause it to lose weight. He may lose -as runner has implied- up to 70% or more of the goo with the first A/B wash (basifying, washing, re-acidifying to get crystals and rewashing). His crystals will start to clear with more washes, until after a few it is possible to have fairly clean product which can form crystals resembling ice.

It's important at this point to remember that this imaginary cook we have personified [?] is not an example of the average meth cook who uses this method. I'm not saying some aren't experts, but most are doing it for the buck, so IMO they are not going to want to lose up to 70% of their product to make it look better. That is unless they have to.

Availability and Education; do these equate to a better product?

IMO almost all goo (incorrectly termed base) in circulation which was produced via this method has likely never been washed, or in fact converted at any time to the freebase. That being said, the recent rise in the popularity of crystal meth has meant that many of the old "buy and cut" speed dealers have dwindling markets, which in turn places some pressure on cooks to either improve or lose their weekly [?] income. In recent times, the advent of imported shabu etc. (or high quality crystal from Asia) coupled with recent local restrictions on pseudo, has IMO greatly increased pressure on local cooks to turn out a better product.

Not only is the starting material now more precious, but the meth smoking proportion of users don't want shit. The result of correctly informed HC users filters down to occasional or less regular users, who may listen to those more experienced. The old myths like color or stink signalling good meth, or that pure means goo, are gradually fading. Probably in part because users are also getting a better product.

It is strange though. The effects (toxicity) from impurities can definitely affect the high. But if you think about it just for a bit, how can it be that good to be poisoned while under the influence of a drug? Overall user sensibility has taken a long time to surface in this regard. A good example was seen round these parts several years ago when some local happened to get hold of some supposedly Aus made MDMA. I managed to get a look at it and test a bit. It was really impure and smelled of safrole, had a dark brown inconsistent colour etc. I made comments that I didn't think either the freebase of the ketone had been distilled meaning there was lots of shit in there. Some weeks later, the guy told me the producers had made product that had been distilled -beautiful white crystals- but that when both had been given out as samples for user feedback (distilled and non-distilled) the overwhelming impression from users was that the brown stuff was best.

Apparently, the usual response had been that the clear crystal was too [sic] smacky 8).

It was so frustrating to hear this and at the time made me seriously question the effectiveness of then current drug education strategies.
    It just seems that when talking of illegal or illicit drugs, some people will always equate dirty, coloured and smelly things to that of higher quality. I'd imagine, if you ask those people if they'd like their pharmaceuticals to come smelling of solvents and contain side reaction products, you'd get a different reaction - or would you?

It is a real pity in a way that the above mentioned pseudo--> meth route works so well. From numerous reports, even in the hands of a novice with no chemical knowledge it's usually possible to get some meth in the resulting gunk. It's just sad it operates under acidic conditions, as unlike the old ammonia method (Birch reduction) which uses an alkaline environment, the bonus of being able to clean amines is often lost; human nature tending towards the old "that which can be got away with, usually is" :(

Hopefully all this will serve to demonstrate there is a need to clean much of the speed circulating before it is used. It's just hard to present this argument as justifiable harm reduction, as it could easily be interpreted by the law as manufacturing which of course carries heavy penalties.
    Could we have a final word on the colour thing. I wrote that intentionally silly post above out of a deep frustration, as it seems some people are just not listening to reason, including people who (once) appeared to be of above average intelligence :\

Last edited:
Cheers runner and BT u guts are pretty smart ay. Just one more thing recently had sum yellow gummy shit and say racked up about half a point and got a more intese high than i would off same amount of rok but didnt last as long as rok does, could this be becuase its dissolved quicker into body than rok?